ADVERTISEMENT

I predict zero undefeated teams in the 8A playoffs this year

I'm thinking maybe 2?

Lyons if they can get by GBW, OPRF?
LWE if they can get by BB and HF?
West Aurora (their Conference is not very good)

I'm sure there are a few other possibilities - so surely 2 would enter playoffs 9-0?

Reactions: Cross Bones
I'm thinking maybe 2?

I'm sure there are a few other possibilities - so surely 2 would enter playoffs 9-0?
Ahhh I didnt even think about West Aurora but South Elgin, Huntley, and possibly Geneva could deliver that L. I think I'll stick with none.

I'm thinking maybe 2?

Lyons toughest opponent will be Hinsdale Central IMO.

They barely beat Willowbrook. I'm thinking GBW and OPRF.
Willowbrook is very solid actually, HC had a rash of early injuries, those guys are starting to get healthy. Very dangerous team once new QB gets comfortable.

I'll take HC over OPRF vs you.

I take it back, I do have Marist at 9-0. Grand opening grand closing.

Loyola may have gone 9-0 if they had not disciplined so many players holding them out of the first game.

Gosh darn, your man Bones cracked the can open again.

Love it when your quoting 'Hov early in the morn
Never a wrong time to quote Jay. I do it daily, maybe hourly. Wise man told me don't argue with fools 'cause people from a distance can't tell who is who.
def Marist at 9-0 and I will say LWE StC E also

I have H-F beating LWE. And pulling for the North Stars in the battle of Saint Chuck's.

Reactions: RockSoup
I think Marist goes 9-0. And, if the Dons can get past Naz this week, they have a decent chance as well...

Bottom line I would be shocked if there weren't at least 2 undefeated 8As going into the playoffs. Fun to try and pick which schools will make that run though!!

Let me ask a question - has there ever been a playoffs where there wasn't at least one 8A team entering the playoffs undefeated? Would having zero put us in uncharted territory?

Bottom line I would be shocked if there weren't at least 2 undefeated 8As going into the playoffs. Fun to try and pick which schools will make that run though!!

Let me ask a question - has there ever been a playoffs where there wasn't at least one 8A team entering the playoffs undefeated? Would having zero put us in uncharted territory?
No. There has always been at least 1 undefeated team in 8A.

LWE and HF beat up on each other as the play during the season.
Only 1 will prevail.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT