ADVERTISEMENT

I don't like the price but I love the player

I did like Rick Morrissey's column in the Sun-Times today. In it he says Glennon isn't owed anything and he needs to get over it. I said before this shows what the Bears really think of him and that he is being used until they can get to the point of being competitive.

I also learned in the Sun-Times that since the merger, only 1 of the 41 QBs chosen among the top three picks of the draft has not started at least one game as a rookie. That was Carson Palmer in 2003.

This solidifies my comment that if you are going to draft a QB this high you should feel he can step in and play right away. If the Bears don't feel like he can step in and play right away, then they drafted him too high according to historical drafts and QBs chosen this high.

That post is both insightful and terrifying...
Yeah that is true. It does scare me when I agree with Morrissey or like his columns, much like it scares me when I agree with some on this board at times. Hahaha!

And the last time a team traded out of the 3rd spot to the 2nd to draft a QB? The Chargers selected Ryan Leaf in 1998.

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
Yeah that is true. It does scare me when I agree with Morrissey or like his columns, much like it scares me when I agree with some on this board at times. Hahaha!
Jordan Lynch aside, I find myself in agreement with you regarding pro sports. So... this is scary indeed.

And the last time a team traded out of the 3rd spot to the 2nd to draft a QB? The Chargers selected Ryan Leaf in 1998.

Biggest draft bust ever. I think he is in jail now for breaking into houses to pilfer thru medical cabinets for RX scripts drugs.

I will say one thing about Trubisky. He is, without question, a hell of a lot better looking than Glennon. Glennon is one creepy looking dude. He's one of the NFL QBs who looks much better with his helmet on. Andrew Luck and Derek Carr are two others who immediately come to mind!

Reactions: ClownBaby
I will say one thing about Trubisky. He is, without question, a hell of a lot better looking than Glennon. Glennon is one creepy looking dude. He's one of the NFL QBs who looks much better with his helmet on. Andrew Luck and Derek Carr are two others who immediately come to mind!
Trubisky has a CPU generated Madden face. We're in the uncanny valley.

Reactions: Cross Bones
Late to the discussion... there is a reason the Bears have won one(1) Super Bowl in the last 31 years. Many coaches have been fired since then, but the ownership is still intact. Also... although Jay Cutler has his share of flaws, I still believe the Bears lost because they didn't provide him with a good enough offensive line and supporting cast. The man was constantly running for his life every time he dropped back. The Bears actually lost ground during this draft (IMO) because other teams will gain more quality contributors. They needed a lot of help at a lot of positions. They will suck again, John Fox will be the scapegoat (and be fired), and it will be deja vu all over again.

NNFAN:

Doesn't matter if you think you were late. This subject, like some others on this board, will never end.

I agree 100% on the first two-thirds of you post. As for your last three sentences...time will tell. But, I certainly won't be surprised if you're right in the end. The thing is, if they suck, the Cutler haters will have to find someone else to pick on. Hopefully, they will finally see the whole truth.

I have put this on ownership for years myself and have said so muntiple times here.

Reactions: NNFAN
I am a firm believer that if you don't win in college, there is a great chance that you will not win on the Pro level.

I hope Cutler does land an analyst job on TV. I am sure he can give insight as to what's happening. I like analysts who have actually played or coached the game on the level they are broadcasting. Not like ESPN with their PC in putting an analyst in the MLB baseball booth who never played or coached the game she gives analysis to. It's no wonder they continue to lose subscribership and viewers.

. . . I like analysts who have actually played or coached the game on the level they are broadcasting. Not like ESPN with their PC in putting an analyst in the MLB baseball booth who never played or coached the game she gives analysis to. It's no wonder they continue to lose subscribership and viewers.
See recent CSN broadcast segments of the State Finals in Football that feature "eye candy" individuals that actually spew painful-to-listen-to "analysis." CLICK to OFF!

Cutty fan here;

That sounds like an awful fit. If he ended up a good broadcaster in any form, he's been hiding some serious charm the past 11 years.
Yeah, his personality is part of the reason he wasn't liked here by some... now he's a "color commentator"?

Last edited:
I hope Cutler does land an analyst job on TV. I am sure he can give insight as to what's happening. I like analysts who have actually played or coached the game on the level they are broadcasting. Not like ESPN with their PC in putting an analyst in the MLB baseball booth who never played or coached the game she gives analysis to. It's no wonder they continue to lose subscribership and viewers.
I think Mendoza does a pretty decent job.

I think Mendoza does a pretty decent job.
Jessica Mendoza does nothing but repeat what she hears. She brings nothing to the table in the way of insight and doesn't belong in the booth as an analyst.. I can't watch more than a couple minutes of their broadcasts because of her. She is the worst "analyst" in baseball. She can't tell you what a guy is doing right or wrong at the plate unless someone told her first.

But, I do watch Wednesday night games when Sutcliffe is in the booth. This Sunday when the Cubs are on against the Yankees and it's on ESPN I am going to have the TV on and the volume muted while I listen on the radio. That means I have to listen to Pat "SNORE" Hughes. But I'll even do that. That's how bad I think she is. PC bullsh*t.

I wasn't the biggest fan of John Miller or Joe Morgan. But with Morgan, at least you were getting a guy who played and could tell you what it is like to stand there in that box or on the bases. He didn't hang around with the men, he was one of the men.

Last edited:
See recent CSN broadcast segments of the State Finals in Football that feature "eye candy" individuals that actually spew painful-to-listen-to "analysis." CLICK to OFF!
Actually I do after about 1 minute or 2. And to answer your assertion...she isn't even that good looking anyway. Hahaha.

Both Ron Wolf and Bill Polien loved the price and the pick..sorry but I and going with a couple of Hall of Fame GM's that built Super Bowl teams vs some of the meathead Bears fans and the know nothing talking heads

Both Ron Wolf and Bill Polien loved the price and the pick..sorry but I and going with a couple of Hall of Fame GM's that built Super Bowl teams vs some of the meathead Bears fans and the know nothing talking heads
The truth is that most GMs miss more often than they hit -- even hall
Of fame GMs. My guess is that whoever the quarterback is, the Offense will be awful because of the Oline and receivers (not because of Cutler). I will still watch every game, but I wish they would have simply drafted more NFL players.

That was one of the worst picks in NFL history.

First, a team last in defense should be picking all defensive players in the draft (and I think throwing in a OL or TE would be fine with me).

Second, the Bears win with running the football and defense. Can we just concentrate on defense? All we need is a QB that can hand off the ball which we can get in any round if needed.

Third, we just bought a QB in free agency.

Fourth, why would we give up 4 players to move up 1 spot. It's ridiculous. The 49ers would never be dumb enough to pick Tribisky 2nd overall. They were playing with the Bears and got 3 free picks for it. Anyhow after watching Tribisky play 3 times, I would not even consider touching him until round 4 of the draft.

Fifth, I don't want a QB in this draft. Maybe next year.

Sixth, I watched this Tribisky 3 times this year and I thought he just sucks.

Last, I dislike this pick more than I dislike Cutler!

Why can't we learn how to draft like Green Bay.

I am still adamant about this. I severly dislike the Tribisky pick and know he will be a bust.

I knew that after watching him play 3 games in college.

I still don't like the Tribisky pick...

Let me see would you rather have Mitch Tribisky and 0 draft picks or DeSean Watson and 4 draft picks (Bears gave away 2 draft picks to move up one spot in the draft to pick Tribisky. Bears could have traded down and gotten 2 additional draft picks and gotten a better QB in Watson)??

I still don't like the Tribisky pick...

Let me see would you rather have Mitch Tribisky and 0 draft picks or DeSean Watson and 4 draft picks (Bears gave away 2 draft picks to move up one spot in the draft to pick Tribisky. Bears could have traded down and gotten 2 additional draft picks and gotten a better QB in Watson)??

My vote: DeSean plus 4 draft picks way better deal than Mitch solo.

Damn - do I get the GM role when it opens up?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT