ADVERTISEMENT

I’m noticing a trend wondering if anyone else is?

eireog

Oct 6, 2007
If this has been discussed before I missed it and if I did I apologize for being redundant. In the last few years in this era of specialization I’ve noticed personal trainers (position coaches, strength and speed coaches, etc) being at these games and possibly posting here too. I understand it’s the way things are now but I’ve noticed more than a few of them ranging from somewhat bothersome to outright disruptive. I’ve noticed it in other sports than football too. Anyone else?

If this has been discussed before I missed it and if I did I apologize for being redundant. In the last few years in this era of specialization I’ve noticed personal trainers (position coaches, strength and speed coaches, etc) being at these games and possibly posting here too. I understand it’s the way things are now but I’ve noticed more than a few of them ranging from somewhat bothersome to outright disruptive. I’ve noticed it in other sports than football too. Anyone else?

sadly I agree

This is 100% accurate. I was at a game where after the game 7on7 coaches were telling a player on a top 25 team that the coaches weren’t utilizing him properly, bla bla bla. It’s an epidemic.

Agreed. The whole personal trainer and handler thing is embarrassing. The “I have the best interests” of your kid is such a smile and mirrors show it’s silly.

There's one guy who's known throughout CPS as being the biggest scam artist "trainer" you will ever find. All you have to do is go to one of the big games and you will see him cozying up to parents after the games. He has played this game with countless "Top Athletes" here in Chicago. A complete scumbag.

Reactions: Gene K. and TPF523
This is the problem when parents live vicariously through their kids. Also a societal issue because of how we place athletes on a pedestal. Johnny can and will be a pro one day if you pay me. This also started because of AAU, Pop Warner and little league. They have freaking TV shows about Friday night tikes. Have you seen these moron coaches and parents?
I read that thread about Carmel and it really saddens me about the state of High School Athletics in our country. So after that little rant. Good luck in state playoffs boys!! Enjoy every minute of it!! More cowbell!!

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
Edgy can tell you from the softball world that football has been years behind in these regards. The banter in the ears of young ladies playing fast pitch softball has been going on for 20 plus years. The 7 on 7's are loaded with these ear benders and the parents fall in line. Football will usually involve transfers from program to program, much like the world of travel baseball and softball today. I remember getting a call from a 14u softball players father, who was upset about her mound time at nationals. He had been absent the entire year with mom doing the travel with the young lady. ( He was too busy at fishing competitions to support her.) Story ends when a three pitcher rotation all year long was finally broken at nationals where the young legend was getting rocked like "a fish out of water". Yes, parents call coaches all the time but a little less in football. Going forward it has become the norm. I.E. Carl Sandburg HS.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT