ADVERTISEMENT

HOW TO WATCH FINALS

The Outfit

Dec 15, 2015
What stations will the finals be on.

I have one of these firestick things and not sure where to find the games. Does HULU carry the station the games are on?

I love watching games 1A-8A! Would hate to miss these

I got Hulu too but it looks like they don’t carry the channel. I’ll probably just link my computer to the tv with an hdmi. Depending where you’re at it you might be able to pick it up with an air antenna. I’ll keep you posted if I figure something else out.

It appears most cord cutters will have issues. Hulu, Youtube TV, etc may have trouble getting the secondary U channels (like 26.2). If this is true I hope they figure something out in the future as the numbers show people are moving towards these streaming options.

It appears most cord cutters will have issues. Hulu, Youtube TV, etc may have trouble getting the secondary U channels (like 26.2). If this is true I hope they figure something out in the future as the numbers show people are moving towards these streaming options.
Any smart cord cutter has a OTA antenna, that should be able to pick up this game on 26.2. An expert cord cutter would have an OTA antenna going into a Plex server, allowing them to stream the game wherever they are from a mobile device, PC, or smart TV.

Reactions: PowerI66
I’ll be on the look for streams as well, since it looks like only half of the games will be on tv in my area. Maybe some of the stations will play them on their websites, which means you could at least watch on a computer and possibly your tv if you have the right set up

I’ll be on the look for streams as well, since it looks like only half of the games will be on tv in my area. Maybe some of the stations will play them on their websites, which means you could at least watch on a computer and possibly your tv if you have the right set up

So, I take it that Comcast which broadcasts Bulls and Blackhawks is not having the State finals? I have Directv and I get WCIU 26 but not 26.2
Same with me. I have directv and see channel 26 but there are no high school games listed this weekend on channel 26. I assume I don’t get 26.2 then. Frustrating

So, I take it that Comcast which broadcasts Bulls and Blackhawks is not having the State finals? I have Directv and I get WCIU 26 but not 26.2
I have DirecTV too. I have OTA antenna also. I can watch 26.2 but won’t be able to record any of the games. Plus Edgy isn’t going to be assuming his regular duties.
I’m not liking this trend.

I have DirecTV too. I have OTA antenna also. I can watch 26.2 but won’t be able to record any of the games. Plus Edgy isn’t going to be assuming his regular duties.
If you buy a Hauppauge usb TV tuner you can use it to feed you OTA antenna to a PC and record the game straight to your PC. Can do the same with an Xbox One also.

Reactions: Wolffan64

I get Channel 26 on Directv. Is there anyway I can get the 26.2? This is just silly. I can watch Iowa High School state final football games for free, but not Illinois. LOL!

I get Channel 26 on Directv. Is there anyway I can get the 26.2? This is just silly. I can watch Iowa High School state final football games for free, but not Illinois. LOL!
I can’t get 26.2 on my DirecTV. Just in case your package might be different than mine try this - menu - settings and help - favorite channels - channels I get - scroll down. Good luck!,

No offense to anyone, but the only decent cable/ dish package to get is Comcast. Despite its many flaws, it's not as awful as the other guys.

I know several people with RCN, Dish and Direct ... they complain far more than I do.

No offense to anyone, but the only decent cable/ dish package to get is Comcast. Despite its many flaws, it's not as awful as the other guys.

I know several people with RCN, Dish and Direct ... they complain far more than I do.
Agree 100%.... worth the extra cost in my opinion.

Same with me. I have directv and see channel 26 but there are no high school games listed this weekend on channel 26. I assume I don’t get 26.2 then. Frustrating

the are continuing to lose more and more high school sport fans.
this is the way they are going to slowly weaken the sport base, so they eventually eliminate all sports.

Reactions: rjjtwest

Disagree strongly MC. Had Comcast for decades. Switched to directv in price about 4 years ago. Very similar service and much cheaper. Only complaint comes this weekend when I don’t get channel 26.2 but I’m ok with that for the vast price difference with Comcast.

that said, when this contract expires in a few months I think the only real choice is to cut the cord.

Reactions: mchsalumni
Go to hardware store and buy am antenna for like ten bucks. Works pretty well.

The games are on NBC in some markets so you may get it on NBC sportsnet on the directv.

My Comcast station list has WCIU at both 6 and 183 (HD) ; Are these the two that I can watch the games on ?

What stations will the finals be on.

I have one of these firestick things and not sure where to find the games. Does HULU carry the station the games are on?

I love watching games 1A-8A! Would hate to miss these
If you have a Firestick, you can install an app called Locast. Signup with an email and create a password. It is a nonprofit so you can donate if you like. Pick your city and you will get local channels which include both channels of theU which is carrying the games.

Direct TV subscribers!!! Go to LoCast in your apps. Set up a free account and you will be able to watch. That’s what I’m doing now

Reactions: AmbroseBlack
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT