ADVERTISEMENT

How Many IHSA Football Games Do You See In-Person Each Year?

Wassup13

Nov 9, 2002
How many different teams do you see play in-person each year? Are they from different conferences? classes? regions of the state?

How many games do you watch by streaming? Tv?? (per year)

I can start. Since 1998 I probably have seen 8 to 13 games per year in person including playoffs. I watch all the finals games on TV.

This year I have severely slipped and only saw 2 games in-person this year mainly due to the main team I like to go see is not doing well.

Last edited:
Usually 5 or 6 but this year so far 0. Just too much going on, but I do plan to see 2 or 3 playoff games.

Reactions: Wassup13
Last year, I saw 6 of the 9 regular season Rochester games in-person, watched 2 more on Rockets TV, and missed 1 entirely. I saw all 4 of the playoff games in-person. I also went to one Rochester Freshman game and 1 JV game.

I saw 1 other non-Rochester game in person which was played on a Saturday (Springfield vs Decatur MacArthur).

I watched almost all of the 2A, 4A, 6A, 7A, and 8A finals on TV.

My wife knows that Friday-Saturday after Thanksgiving are sacred. She’s on board. I usually attend 4-5 reg season games and 2-3 playoff games. I also watch games on the stream.

I usually hit 1-3 regular season games.....watch all the finals games on TV....I try to attend playoff games that are at home and competitive......Some years I don't get the chance to attend a playoff game. When I'm older I'll go to more playoff games of area teams

Reactions: McEvergreen
Regular season 5-6 and the rest streaming. Playoffs, I'm somewhere every weekend. I'll even catch a Friday and a Saturday if the War Department doesn't have us booked for something. Thanksgiving weekend, I watch all 8 games on the tube uninterrupted. It's in the prenup 💪😂 🤣

Back in the day, late 1990's-early 2000's, I would usually catch a game on Friday and on Saturday every week. During the playoffs, one per weekend. State finals all 4 games on Saturday. So some years 24-25 games. Traveled all over Illinois to watch the games, try to limit the trip to 100 miles one way. Saw some tremendous games and venues. These days one or two Chicago Christian games. However, I do believe I will be hitting the road come playoff time to watch some 4A action. Looks like fun

I usually hit at least one game a week, but this year I have only been to three games. I have been to four different college venues this year for games though.

Typically I attend 1 game every Friday, sometimes on Saturday if there is a game nearby but that is pretty rare in these parts. Stick to the Champaign, Springfield, Bloomington Triangle but usually the Illini Prairie, Sangamo, and Heart of Illinois conferences. I always try to find the best/most competitive game or a game of vested interest such as a friends kid, know the coach, or just hate/like the school.

How many different teams do you see play in-person each year? Are they from different conferences? classes? regions of the state?

How many games do you watch by streaming? Tv?? (per year)

I get to four a year, all of which are Friday-night contests.

A decade ago, I was at seven or eight regular-season games, but in the past six years, I've turned more attention to traveling to Notre Dame home games. At first, I did try to get to Friday evening games within a reasonable drive from home, but I found I was arriving home too late for me to get a good-night sleep before driving to South Bend. Initially, I paled at the decision, but more of my classmates are able to travel to ND games at our age and I enjoy their company.

Reactions: Gene K.
Every Lockport game, most Lockport sophomore games, and usually about 8 playoff games per season in person.

So I see a lot of reg. season SWSC action. Playoffs try to spread it out and go see whoever is the upstart team that year (hoping for stops at Reed-Custer and Elk Grove this postseason!). Not afraid to make a trip to see a big game or big team

When my boys were playing I’d go to all of MC games for many years! I’d plan my furloughs around the season and use my personal days and OT time to make every game and every Varsity game when they were lower levels....Now I only go when I’m off work, use my furloughs for summers off! I’ll occasionally travel if it’s a big game but if not I’ll opt for the streaming service. Playoffs I’ll do my best to be at them all. I plan to be at the big showdown at Loyola next week....if I can get a ticket 😀
*I still try to get to a couple freshman games if I can, I enjoy those, future of the program! I’ve only been able to see 1 this year though.

Last edited:
From 2004 to 2015 I don’t think I missed a WWS game now with 3 kids doing sports I will miss 1-2 of their games per year due to conflicts but typically I’m there. At this point in my life I’m well above 300 WWS games attended.

I pretty much hit every ND game, weather permitting. With the streaming options and the onset of late middle age I figure discretion is the better part of valor. I do hit some of the underclass games too. During the playoffs I see a lot of games using the NFHS app. I only purchase it during the playoffs.

Typically, I'm at at least 11 Varsity games and a couple freshmen games. Then I watch several games throughout the year via streaming.

Planning to make Glenbard East at Glenbard South game tonite, that would make it 6 games out of 8 weeks with a total of 11 teams (GBE would be my 2nd time watching). All other teams new.

Teams we’ve seen:
NND over Willowbrook
LWE over Batavia
NV over Naperville North
GBE over Streamwood
York over GBW

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT