ADVERTISEMENT

How does Rice end up in 7A?

lose about 300kids from their halls might put them in 7a????

it would be a shame if they actually drop down this layff seaon.
they have the horses and team to make a deep deep run in and possibly dethrone lwe.

Last edited:
Would love to see a possible MC/BR battle and see how many threads or posts get flushed that week ; ) !

Taft won last night which helps but its my understanding they would still need Downers South (4-4) to beat Willowbrook or Dundee-Crown (4-4) to beat Huntley - both seem unlikely.

Your two smallest 8A teams are Rice and Glenbard East. IN stead of looking at 8A look at 7A and see what teams could be bumped. You have 4 4-4 teams that could very well lose tonight in 7A. That likely starts the shift to 7A. Also, you have at the bottom of 8A 3 teams that could lose. If those three all win and a couple on 7A lose, you very easily could see Rice and GBE move down a class. Simeon moved to 7A and is the biggest 7A school now.

I think a Rice/Marist rematch would have people camping out to see. I also think Oswego could maybe beat them both

Just curious - what is your issue with Brother Rice? They are clearly the school/program that you dislike the most based on your posts or "likes".
I want LA to get another crack at them. I'm confused how you are able to infer anything other than this from my post...Is it the "eh" thing during the first couple of weeks? If so, there was no ill will intended, I just thought it was humorous how upset it made the Rice faithful on the board. My father-in-law went to Rice - I like him. Personally, I do not really care about them. Until this season, they have been kind of a non-factor in the IHSA football landscape (here it comes from the Rice guys). Except for '14 when they beat my Ramblers in the regular season, but lost to LA in the prep bowl. I believe Rice has beaten LA twice in the last decade.

Last edited:
I want LA to get another crack at them. I'm confused how you are able to infer anything other than this from my post...Is it the "eh" thing during the first couple of weeks? If so, there was no ill will intended, I just thought it was humorous how upset it made the Rice faithful on the board. My father-in-law went to Rice - I like him. Personally, I do not really care about them. Until this season, they have been kind of a non-factor in the IHSA football landscape (here it comes from the Rice guys). Except for '14 when they beat my Ramblers in the regular season, but lost to LA in the prep bowl. I believe Rice has beaten LA twice in the last decade.
That's more then a lot of other teams have in the past decade wouldn't you say?

Taft won last night which helps but its my understanding they would still need Downers South (4-4) to beat Willowbrook or Dundee-Crown (4-4) to beat Huntley - both seem unlikely.

Rice needs:
Fremd to beat Schaumburg
DGS to beat 8-0 Willowbrook
St Charles East to beat Lake Park
Zion Benton to beat Libertyville

The Dundee Crown Huntley game likely doesn’t matter as Huntley almost certainly only gets in with a win, so winner is in 8a field.

Reactions: 3OrangeWhips
Wasn't it a Rice guy who complained that the JC guys were so insecure?!?
That was me. And you have to admit the first couple weeks of the season was JCA guys whining about their team not getting the respect it deserved before the Rita game & moreso after that monumental dominating upset win over a St Rita team that turned out to be a (meh) 2-6 team. Every thread was flipped into JCA conversation. I give you props, you are obviously a passionate fan base.

Now be it 7A or 8A let’s get em Crusaders. Obviously, the Lincoln Way East team is the 800 lb gorilla in the room so if our much discussed recent drop in enrollment punts us down to 7A, so be it.

Reactions: Topiary and Gene K.
How many times have you seen Oswego play?
Live? Once. My best friends son plays for Oswego East and East defense was shutting teams down left and right until they played Oswego. 38-0. They were impressive. Anything else? I said MAYBE can beat them both, just a general observation.

That was me. And you have to admit the first couple weeks of the season was JCA guys whining about their team not getting the respect it deserved before the Rita game & moreso after that monumental dominating upset win over a St Rita team that turned out to be a (meh) 2-6 team. Every thread was flipped into JCA conversation. I give you props, you are obviously a passionate fan base.
I like how you're using my trademark "meh". I find it flattering...

All this stems from Rice not being a doormat in the CCL and not letting the Rita's and Carmels come in their backyard and take the talent.
This went on for years, granted rice had some pretty good season once a blue moon but now a bad season is abnormal.

just asked how much you seen them play,
Respect your opinion
Real touchy

Let me clear somethings up
You are right I'm extremely sensitive but I would say more defensive towards others opinions about a certain coach and certain school.
I will always stand up for both when people badmouth them when it comes to their integrity and character.
Like I said before saying someone is not a good person is completely different then saying you don't like someone.
I will absolutely be sensative/come to the defense when you certain things are said.

Reactions: go_rice and Gene K.
Agree with you Krock. Last year everyone was down on Badke and this year he hardly ever gets a Kudo from posters. I liked you defending him and your BR team. I would be the same with the Broncos and a lot of posters are the same way with the team and coaches.

That said this game is at Montini who usually plays very good at home. Windy conditions probably won't hurt BR as much as Montini but I'd like to see Montini get its run game going first which should open up the short passes. When the wind is at their back then go for the long pass. If Montini can get Fendenzo going we got a real shot at an upset. If BR kicks to him, there is a good shot of him taking it to the house as he has had several kickback returns for TDs. Go Broncos.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT