ADVERTISEMENT

HOF Coach passes away

mates1

Jun 29, 2015
I saw the below tucked inside another thread by a fellow poster and thought it could deserve to be brought more into the light of day in its own thread: "... let Southland greybeards of this forum know about the recent passing of HOF coach Jim Fredenberger, formerly of Tinley Park HS. In the early 70s, just before the playoffs started, he led the program to a 24-game winning streak during which time, then Vice-President Ford paid a visit to the school. Rest in peace, Coach."

Last edited:
Reactions: Videosurfer
I saw the below tucked inside another thread by a fellow poster and thought it could deserve to be brought more into the light of day in its own thread: "... let Southland greybeards of this forum know about the recent passing of HOF coach Jim Fredenberger, formerly of Tinley Park HS. In the early 70s, just before the playoffs started, he led the program to a 24-game winning streak during which time, then Vice-President Ford paid a visit to the school. Rest in peace, Coach."
I was one of the captains on that team that welcomed Ford. This was before playoffs and we went undefeated in both 1972 and 1973 seasons. I went to the memorial service on Saturday honoring Coach. He was inducted into the Illinois HS Hall of Fame . A .great man that taught us more than winning football games. RIP Coach Fredenberg.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT