ADVERTISEMENT

Hilltoppers 52 Montini 20 FINAL nm

Interestingly concervative and Sharp-like play calling that whole 1st Qtr. But it ate an entire Qtr of time.

Reactions: rjjtwest
Agree…Jaws has some plan going on. Hill scored on every possession, including their fumble recovery with 2 minute to go in the first half. Excellent 34 yard field goal.
Grigsby, Bonsu, May and Powell make quite a backfield.
Here come the playoffs!

Agree…Jaws has some plan going on. Hill scored on every possession, including their fumble recovery with 2 minute to go in the first half. Excellent 34 yard field goal.
Here come the playoffs!
Defense is still getting burned on slant plays but other than that… go hill

Reactions: USD24
I liked Grigsby when I saw him on the lower levels. He's much better than I thought he'd be as a junior, though. I'm amazed how he finishes runs at his size, and he has great speed and quickness. Grigsby and Bonsu make for a very good one-two punch.

Kinda curious if any big changes coming to Montini these next couple of weeks. Program is trending in the wrong direction

Yes they are. Been the same for the better part of 30 years!😂
Kick coverage has been a bit porous as well a few time this year.
But 7-2 is a fine year.
Looking forward to the pairings show. 4A North looks to be a beast

Kinda curious if any big changes coming to Montini these next couple of weeks. Program is trending in the wrong direction
Similar thoughts…..worst 3-year stretch in school history, 9 wins total including 6-game Covid season. I’m sure Coach Bukovsky is staying, the question is if the level of talent increases. That seems to be the issue, plus a killer schedule.

Similar thoughts…..worst 3-year stretch in school history, 9 wins total including 6-game Covid season. I’m sure Coach Bukovsky is staying, the question is if the level of talent increases. That seems to be the issue, plus a killer schedule.
New AD (Brian Casey) used to be the OC. Before that was the Head Coach at Aurora Central and did a nice job. Wonder if he wanting to take the reigns over.

Never seen this in a Montini team. Last 4 games Montini has given up 164 points and scored only 34.

I am a SF grad but I like Montini and am friends with coaches there. Bukovsky has won a ton of titles in wrestling and I think at least 1 in softball. I'm surprised he has struggled. I know the school lost a ton of students but when Bukovsky returned to admissions enrollment went up.

I say give Mike Bukovsky a few more years to right the ship.

Reactions: Gene K.
JCA had a couple of backl to back tough years a few years back. Under .500 and missed the playoffs. One year they were 1-8. Then the next I think they were 3-6. Then the rebound came and two more titles. So, it happens. And it can be reversed.

JCA had a couple of backl to back tough years a few years back. Under .500 and missed the playoffs. One year they were 1-8. Then the next I think they were 3-6. Then the rebound came and two more titles. So, it happens. And it can be reversed.
But it took a change in regime.

Here come the playoffs!
I'm in total agreement on Jaws purposefully calling what he showed last night.
It could be that there was a very strong South to North wind that had the flag flying straight out and that was knocking down kicks and long passes.
Perhaps he is striving to perfect a few bread and butter plays he knows that they will need in the playoffs.
Regardless, it was a convincing victory over a program that has played the role of nemesis more often than most care to remember over the last few decades.

Last edited:
JCA freshmen handled Montini 35-7. It looks like the Hill will be able to defend slant/ crossing routes in a few years.
Hahaha! Good one!
So Broncos lost all three levels to JCA this weekend. I wonder if they had these same issues all year at all levels.
JV also won 38-7 to complete an 8-1 season.
The future looks bright at in Ingalls and Larkin’

Montini freshmen went 7-1-1. Today was their only loss. QB was out, but that didn’t matter… JCA was the better team. But no, MC didn’t have issues on all 3 levels, all year.

Reactions: Gene K. and USD24
New AD (Brian Casey) used to be the OC. Before that was the Head Coach at Aurora Central and did a nice job. Wonder if he wanting to take the reigns over.
necessary.

I am pretty sure I remember Casey's record at AC was dismal.

Last edited:
Montini freshmen went 7-1-1. Today was their only loss. QB was out, but that didn’t matter… JCA was the better team. But no, MC didn’t have issues on all 3 levels, all year.

Montini frosh do well every year. I believe 3 yeas ago they outscored MC, ND and another two very good CCL teams like 77-20.

The problem is keeping the talent in the school.

Not sure how to fix it? Does anyone have Lewis Borsellino's phone number?

The last time the Broncos did not look very good, Lewis came to restructure the offense.

Last edited:
Casey was 25-23 in 5yrs at ACC and made the playoffs the last 3 seasons. That’s pretty good for ACC standards.

Montini frosh do well every year. I believe 3 yeas ago they outscored MC, ND and another two very good CCL teams like 77-20.

The problem is keeping the talent in the school.

Not sure how to fix it? Does anyone have Lewis Borsellino's phone number?

The last time the Broncos did not look very good, Lewis came to restructure the offense.
Well said…..need to bring in & keep the talent for all 4 years. Look at all the talent on the State Championship teams. Level of talent not the same since Andriano left. Sorry to say this.

Do you guys think the frosh & soph levels have stated the same since Church A’s departure?

Is it the same staff minus Andriono and Borsilino?

Casey was 25-23 in 5yrs at ACC and made the playoffs the last 3 seasons. That’s pretty good for ACC standards.
Yes but they moved down in level of play dramatically. He wasn’t a great coach, he just fell into a great situation.

Yes but they moved down in level of play dramatically. He wasn’t a great coach, he just fell into a great situation.
Great situation? ACC was 8-55 in the 7 years prior to Casey taking over. 25-23 might not be “great”, but certainly admirable considering the standard and program inherited. In 2012/2013, ACC still played in the old SCC, beating Marmion, etc. making the playoffs. It wasn’t until 2014, they moved to the Metro.

Reactions: colin2229
Great situation? ACC was 8-55 in the 7 years prior to Casey taking over. 25-23 might not be “great”, but certainly admirable considering the standard and program inherited. In 2012/2013, ACC still played in the old SCC, beating Marmion, etc. making the playoffs. It wasn’t until 2014, they moved to the Metro.
Lol. 2012 was absolutely NOT the old SCC. Beating the likes of Walter Christian, Guerin, and Chicago Christian is not the old SCC. The Marmion win was nice, but overall he walked into a greatly weakened schedule that allowed them to get some wins.

Disagree. Making the playoffs at ACC is an accomplishment. They beat IC and Marmion while he was there. Didn’t get running clocked by Montini every year and made the playoffs 2x. That’s pretty outstanding for ACC.

How bout you give the guy some credit rather than the route you went.

Last edited:
Disagree. Making the playoffs at ACC is an accomplishment. They beat IC and Marmion while he was there. Didn’t get running clocked by Montini every year and made the playoffs 2x. That’s pretty outstanding for ACC.

Well we do know the Broncos have had their worst 3 years of Football in 20 years with Casey at Montini.

Not putting blame on anybody but the defense is not making any stops and I think the Broncos were scoreless in about 12 consecutive quarters this year. Not the team we are used to seeing.

If your not keeping the talent, maybe it's time.to change to a different system than the spread that does not require great players at every position. JCA just needs a great offensive line and a good back. Catch my drift??

Last edited:
For Montini I believe it was keeping talent in the building. I don’t believe it is as much coaching to keep them in as much as it is the tuition. Things might have changed in that aspect.

Well we do know the Broncos have had their worst 3 years of Football in 20 years with Casey at Montini.

Not putting blame on anybody but the defense is not making any stops and I think the Broncos were scoreless in about 12 consecutive quarters this year. Not the team we are used to seeing.

If your not keeping the talent, maybe it's time.to change to a different system than the spread that does not require great players at every position. JCA just needs a great offensive line and a good back. Catch my drift??
I’m not advocating for Casey, just curious what he’s gonna do and shared his background.

He just became AD. Can’t blame the football struggles on him at this point.

For Montini I believe it was keeping talent in the building. I don’t believe it is as much coaching to keep them in as much as it is the tuition. Things might have changed in that aspect.
Coaching/culture is what keeps the talent in the building. Parents know the tuition when they sign their kid of for freshman year. I never buy into money being the reason a kid leaves.

Reactions: mchsalumni

wrong. Never beat I

They did not beat IC while he was there. They had a couple of close games with some average IC teams. The issue I see is how they did Mike Curry so dirty. Years stuck at the bottom of the actual old SCC then they went to suburban Christian and the metro and all of a sudden it’s because of coaching. Curry wasn’t a bad coach, the growth of the other schools really hurt Aurora Central. Tell me it’s not easy to go from playing Montini, Marian, every week to the likes of Walter and Chicago Christian? I’m pretty sure ACC lost to Walther when Casey was coaching, he had one solid marquee win when they beat Marmion. That was a great win for him and ACC. I’m not sure I see Montini ever giving him the reigns of the Broncos.

Coaching/culture is what keeps the talent in the building. Parents know the tuition when they sign their kid of for freshman year. I never buy into money being the reason a kid leaves.

It depends what town you school is in, Wheaton and Elmhurst No, Lombard Maybe.

wrong. Never beat I

They did not beat IC while he was there. They had a couple of close games with some average IC teams. The issue I see is how they did Mike Curry so dirty. Years stuck at the bottom of the actual old SCC then they went to suburban Christian and the metro and all of a sudden it’s because of coaching. Curry wasn’t a bad coach, the growth of the other schools really hurt Aurora Central. Tell me it’s not easy to go from playing Montini, Marian, every week to the likes of Walter and Chicago Christian? I’m pretty sure ACC lost to Walther when Casey was coaching, he had one solid marquee win when they beat Marmion. That was a great win for him and ACC. I’m not sure I see Montini ever giving him the reigns of the Broncos.
They did Curry dirty? That’s a new one.

Coaching could be right but I don't think so. The frosh and soph teams over the last 15 years have a better winning percentage than the varsity.

I’m not advocating for Casey, just curious what he’s gonna do and shared his background.

He just became AD. Can’t blame the football struggles on him at this point.

I'm taking it you don't know what he did before that? He was OC.

Coaching could be right but I don't think so. The frosh and soph teams over the last 15 years have a better winning percentage than the varsity.
What is your opinion of why kids aren’t staying? Why lower level success isn’t translating to Varsity?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT