ADVERTISEMENT

Has the rotating QBs per series really ever worked?

Topiary

Jul 9, 2001
I can't remember a team succeeding with it. Hopefully Rice has reached their conclusion of this experiment and will go with one kid for at least the duration of a quarter. Turnovers and penalties killed too but Marist was the better disciplined and coached team tonite. Both teams though need a lot of work.

I can't remember a team succeeding with it. Hopefully Rice has reached their conclusion of this experiment and will go with one kid for at least the duration of a quarter. Turnovers and penalties killed too but Marist was the better disciplined and coached team tonite. Both teams though need a lot of work.

Only 14 points? Was it a case of poor offense, good defense, of a combination of both? Last year BR scored in bunches most of the season. Graduation must have hurt big time?

That's the best Dline br will face all year. They should be able to run the ball vs most teams. The br defense had a nice showing but might have been more of a lack of offense by Marist. Their qb really struggled. Make no mistake tho even when br settles on a qb this is not the same offense as the last 3 years. Bubble screens are not gonna to be going for 80 yard tds anytime soon.

Reactions: Cross Bones
Not the exciting game I thought it would be. Very vanilla offense by both. Rice really knows now how special Smallings was. Marist QB was below average. How you can't get a 6'5 Ivy involved is beyond me. Zero catches. Marist front 7 did great, but Rice offense was just flat.

Both teams were fair. That Lawlor kid from Marist and Ruffin kid from Rice were the MVPs.

Using 2 QB's is fine but I've never seen flip flopping every other possession...you can't get in a rhythm that way.

That's the best Dline br will face all year. They should be able to run the ball vs most teams. The br defense had a nice showing but might have been more of a lack of offense by Marist. Their qb really struggled. Make no mistake tho even when br settles on a qb this is not the same offense as the last 3 years. Bubble screens are not gonna to be going for 80 yard tds anytime soon.
hard to do ANYTHING with 2 B1G10 DL right there in the middle.

Reactions: McCaravan
BR offense and special teams let up 9 points, the same amount they lost by. I think the QB experiment will last one more week as they play aurora central, then they'll stick with a QB, but that's just my take. I know its only been one game but it sure seems like the defense looks better than it has in previous years. Hopefully get a nice bounce back win next week and regroup.

BR offense and special teams let up 9 points, the same amount they lost by. I think the QB experiment will last one more week as they play aurora central, then they'll stick with a QB, but that's just my take. I know its only been one game but it sure seems like the defense looks better than it has in previous years. Hopefully get a nice bounce back win next week and regroup.
I'm sorry, but isn't that what the preseason is for?

I'm sorry, but isn't that what the preseason is for?
I'm assuming you're replying to my comment on the QBs. It's not like they play preseason games that help them get a feel for who the starter should be. They only have practice. Games are obviously different than practice.

Boylan in 2010 rotated Qbs every play

Naz won a state title in 2014 rotating QBs through the entire season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT