ADVERTISEMENT

Has anyone tried streaming live with Hudl yet?

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
I've seen Hudl promoting the fact that they can also use it's Hudl video system to also stream games on a live basis...pretty interested if this would gain any traction since it seems like a pretty large majority of high schools in the state use Hudl. Streaming post-season would still be an issue with IHSA/NFHS deal yet if anyone has the muscle to use to counter I'd think Hudl?

There are schools that use it during basketball season.

All.... After several times paying 10 bucks to see a particular game over the years I've given up on the NFHS network. Lousy feeds or none at all. (although they advertised it)

One would assume Hudl has to be better. Ratsy

I've seen Hudl promoting the fact that they can also use it's Hudl video system to also stream games on a live basis...pretty interested if this would gain any traction since it seems like a pretty large majority of high schools in the state use Hudl. Streaming post-season would still be an issue with IHSA/NFHS deal yet if anyone has the muscle to use to counter I'd think Hudl?
It's not actually Hudl. They use Youtube live.

It's not actually Hudl. They use Youtube live.
They advertise that you can use multiple streaming hosts with it but just from the platform standpoint I assume it has to be better than NFHS...and again a lot depends on the internet access and source etc....just interesting that schools end up paying for Hudl (not cheap at all) and then also go with NFHS. Would love to see Hudl make a run at the school streaming market.

Kankakee uses the Hudl Camera and uploads to NFHS. Same with Reavis. Oak Lawn uses youtube. All for basketball and I think Reavis uses for home football but not sure. I have seen the camera malfunction and not follow the game before. Rare but has happened.

Correct, Nothing actually goes through Hudl. They advertise that you can use multiple streaming hosts but they really just want you to buy their camera system. We have 3 at Naz. Their system isn't for any outdoor sports though...yet. Out of the box you also can't have commentary with their app (which directly goes to YouTube Live). Trust me that hudl promises a lot of things and delivers on not that many.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT