ADVERTISEMENT

Happy Fathers Day

LakeCtyNewt

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2002
it’s one of the greatest aspects of my life that I have a happy healthy soon-to-be senior in HS. Football and baseball are a side note but I’m truly blessed and fortunate to have two healthy and happy kids. In the end, that’s all that matters.

Happy Fathers Day one and all. No better job than being a dad!

Stays? Does that mean it comes with a lock that only you can open (or) just a promise from your family that they will not touch it? :)
There's an old joke about a father who is in a coma, and the doctors are talking to the family. They're telling them about all the different options, when his son goes, "I have an idea." So he goes over to the thermostat and raises the temperature 2 degrees. The father springs up from his coma, and says, "Do you know how much that is going to cost!?!?!"

Yeah, you’re officially an expert Dad when 2 of the things that cause most of your confrontations with a family member are:

1) Touching the thermostat

2) Not wanting people to have a conversation while they are half-way out of the house with the door wide open during heating or cooling seasons. This one still gets me the “Dad, what is your problem?” reaction from my daughter.

Yeah, you’re officially an expert Dad when 2 of the things that cause most of your confrontations with a family member are:

1) Touching the thermostat

2) Not wanting people to have a conversation while they are half-way out of the house with the door wide open during heating or cooling seasons. This one still gets me the “Dad, what is your problem?” reaction from my daughter.

Or the “when will you be home.” That one seems to win a lot. Or “clean your room.” That’s a gift that gives forever.

Reactions: Gene K. and Bowie50
My pet Dad peeve was telling them to shut the lights off when they leave. Would drive me nuts. Lol
My 10 year old leaves empty Gatorade bottles around his room. No mater what I say or the punishments I impose, it never changes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT