ADVERTISEMENT

GW 56 AT 0 F

I can’t believe how bad AT is.

GW is destroying teams but it’s tough to tell how good they are due to the competition. If they keep this up over the next few weeks when the competition stiffens I have to think they are one of the favorites in 8A.

Reactions: RD_Watcher

GW is destroying teams but it’s tough to tell how good they are due to the competition. If they keep this up over the next few weeks when the competition stiffens I have to think they are one of the favorites in 8A.
They given up 511 points since spring. Dont be shocked

Addison's demographic changes. I can't believe they were in a state title game 20sh years ago. Over the last 20 years the demographics have changed dramatically. Maybe more than any other school in the Chicago area. They don't have that many kids that play football.

Reactions: WBWarriorWatcher
Addison's demographic changes. I can't believe they were in a state title game 20sh years ago. Over the last 20 years the demographics have changed dramatically. Maybe more than any other school in the Chicago area. They don't have that many kids that play football.
Let me be the first to say it they dont belong in the WSG. Yes demographic have changed. Coaching changes have been made not for the better. There better off in the Upstate 8.

Let me be the first to say it they dont belong in the WSG. Yes demographic have changed. Coaching changes have been made not for the better. There better off in the Upstate 8.

WSG may actually be worse than the Upstate 8 outside of Willowbrook there is nothing there. I would take South Elgin, Bartlett and Glenbard South over all the other teams beside WB in the WSG.

WSG may actually be worse than the Upstate 8 outside of Willowbrook there is nothing there. I would take South Elgin, Bartlett and Glenbard South over all the other teams beside WB in the WSG.
Yep. DGS and HS being poor makes the conference one of the worst around. Leyden, Morton and AT are soccer schools. One of the top soccer conferences in the state. PE is a basketball school.
Honestly the Silver is clearly behind several of the top public conferences. Maybe at the bottom of the top 5. Aside from the Hitters it is full of underachieving teams especially when the playoffs come around. Even the Hitters struggle when they are placed in the 8A bracket. Maybe they can make a run past the first two rounds this year but recently that has been the peak for this conference.

Yep. DGS and HS being poor makes the conference one of the worst around. Leyden, Morton and AT are soccer schools. One of the top soccer conferences in the state. PE is a basketball school.
Honestly the Silver is clearly behind several of the top public conferences. Maybe at the bottom of the top 5. Aside from the Hitters it is full of underachieving teams especially when the playoffs come around. Even the Hitters struggle when they are placed in the 8A bracket. Maybe they can make a run past the first two rounds this year but recently that has been the peak for this conference.
Glenbard West would have no problem cmpeting in the DuKane or the DVC for football if the conference allowed it to.

It would take a surprise defection for the WSC to make any changes or re-align or expand. Perhaps a merging of the Proviso township schools would prod change, but really, beyond that, I don’t see anything changing anytime soon.

Speculation: If that Proviso merge were to happen a new school would need to be brought in to balance the divisions. My guess is Riverside-Brookfield would be courted. What does the board think?

It would take a surprise defection for the WSC to make any changes or re-align or expand. Perhaps a merging of the Proviso township schools would prod change, but really, beyond that, I don’t see anything changing anytime soon.

Speculation: If that Proviso merge were to happen a new school would need to be brought in to balance the divisions. My guess is Riverside-Brookfield would be courted. What does the board think?
Riverside Brookfield yikes

I would think Glenbard South or East to the Gold would be a decent fit. They could compete in the gold in most sports.
Currently Willowbrook could compete in the silver. Historically would have been DGS.

I would think Glenbard South or East to the Gold would be a decent fit. They could compete in the gold in most sports.
Currently Willowbrook could compete in the silver. Historically would have been DGS.
East seems happy in U8. GS makes sense geographically, but would be smallest enrollment in conference.

East seems happy in U8. GS makes sense geographically, but would be smallest enrollment in conference.
Pulling this over from the St. Francis thread:

It’s a very interesting concept. But how about…
If WSC absorbed metro public’s and added the DVC now you could realign along enrollment size and have 3 strong divisions. Merge the Proviso’s and poach Fenton. This gives three 8 team divisions and allows for one non-con.

Largest (gold?)

Morton 8000 kids
Merged Proviso 4400
LT 4100
NV 3475
Leyden 3400
OPRF 3400
York 2900
MV 2900

Middle (Silver?)

DGS 2800
NN 2700
HC 2700
NC 2600
WV 2550
GW 2400
DGN 2200
AT 2000

Smallest (Bronze?)

WB 1900
Dekalb 1800
RB 1700
HS 1400
Add Fenton 1400
Elmwood 1000
Ridgewood 900
Westmont 500

maybe poach Glenbard South (1200) and drop Westmont. Could be fun…

Sorry but makes no sense to do it by enrollment. Several of those teams in the gold would be hammered except when they play each other. Also a mess geographically.
The conference has been along for years. No need to really mess with it exclusively for football. Very balanced when you look at it across the sports.
Take the silver for example:
GW is the power in football
OPRF in wrestling
York in cross country
Lyons in soccer
HC in golf/tennis/swimming
Plenty of teams strong in volleyball, baseball, gymnastics.
Not a great track conference.
Pretty balanced in basketball but very average overall in that sport.
Really Proviso West is the outlier as they struggle in everything. Most of the decent athletes in their area have been poached by the private schools.
The gold has proviso East hoops and Morton soccer as elite programs. Pretty poor in everything else.
Overall the conference reminds me of the big ten. Can not quite compete with the elite in the two main sports but excellent in a lot of the other sports.

Stagg has something to say about that.

Reactions: The Outfit
Sorry but makes no sense to do it by enrollment. Several of those teams in the gold would be hammered except when they play each other. Also a mess geographically.
The conference has been along for years. No need to really mess with it exclusively for football. Very balanced when you look at it across the sports.
OPRF in wrestling
York in cross country
Lyons in soccer
Really Proviso West is the outlier as they struggle in everything. Most of the decent athletes in their area have been poached by the private schools.
The gold has proviso East hoops and Morton soccer as elite programs. Pretty poor in everything else.
Overall the conference reminds me of the big ten. Can not quite compete with the elite in the two main sports but excellent in a lot of the other sports.
But isn’t enrollment the only real metric to base it on? Performance history in any sport can’t be the basis for conference makeup, really. It’s too subjective as schools in general ride highs and lows. There are certainly schools that perennially strong in individual sports, but school size is the only way to group them. In the end that’s how we look at it for playoffs: like size plays like size.

OPRF in wrestling
York in cross country
Lyons in soccer
This is a great point. This board is obviously Football focused, but when all sports are factored in, WSC has a lot of parity.

But isn’t enrollment the only real metric to base it on? Performance history in any sport can’t be the basis for conference makeup, really. It’s too subjective as schools in general ride highs and lows. There are certainly schools that perennially strong in individual sports, but school size is the only way to group them. In the end that’s how we look at it for playoffs: like size plays like size.
LMAO
If that was the only criteria LP would of won state the past 15 years.

Reactions: Panthers1211
Pulling this over from the St. Francis thread:

It’s a very interesting concept. But how about…
If WSC absorbed metro public’s and added the DVC now you could realign along enrollment size and have 3 strong divisions. Merge the Proviso’s and poach Fenton. This gives three 8 team divisions and allows for one non-con.

Largest (gold?)

Morton 8000 kids
Merged Proviso 4400
LT 4100
NV 3475
Leyden 3400
OPRF 3400
York 2900
MV 2900

Middle (Silver?)

DGS 2800
NN 2700
HC 2700
NC 2600
WV 2550
GW 2400
DGN 2200
AT 2000

Smallest (Bronze?)

WB 1900
Dekalb 1800
RB 1700
HS 1400
Add Fenton 1400
Elmwood 1000
Ridgewood 900
Westmont 500

maybe poach Glenbard South (1200) and drop Westmont. Could be fun…
Add the DuKane conference
Addison Trail is riding a low for a long time. Even the bad teams showed some kind of life.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT