ADVERTISEMENT

Great game by PR....... but

Gforce - I have to disagree with you about no one remembering who finished number 2. The IHSA will certainly remember who is number 2 if it's a private school. How else will they go about applying the punishment adjustment. Oh, by the way, Naz finished number 2 this year in 6A and guess what? They move up to 7A, so I'm sure SOMEONE is paying attention!!

Reactions: Gene K.
One of the be$t recruiter$ in the $tate, unque$tionably.
I’d be willing to bet you couldn’t produce one bit of evidence he attended any games or made any calls/emails/texts to perspective student athletes.

I’d be willing to bet you couldn’t produce one bit of evidence he attended any games or made any calls/emails/texts to perspective student athletes.

Don't make it that easy @TPF523.

And it's prospective, not perspective. Didn't you go to Fenwick???

Don't make it that easy @TPF523.

And it's prospective, not perspective. Didn't you go to Fenwick???
Nope public school product. Sorry I type quick on an iPhone and don’t proofread my posts. Show one bit of evidence, one, I guarantee you can’t. He doesn’t recruit, my kids went through the process with Naz.

Nope public school product. Sorry I type quick on an iPhone and don’t proofread my posts. Show one bit of evidence, one, I guarantee you can’t. He doesn’t recruit, my kids went through the process with Naz.

So kids are just flocking there, for no reason at all?

So kids are just flocking there, for no reason at all?
Naz recruits like everyone else does, they are not super aggressive with it and obviously their strategy has worked but Tim Racki doesn’t. I know families of his top tier players and they didn’t even really meet him until after testing. So to insinuate that Racki is some John Calipari caliber recruiter is painting an incorrect picture.

TPF,

You do understand that coaches are allowed to go to the games and to speak with the kids as long as they have parental permission. They can even call. Coach Racki is a great person and coach and is interested in the complete person not just the athlete. What I will say is that during my boys decision period we also received calls from public school coaches and they did not have our permission to call.

I know all the CG guys see a lot of value is Ms. Longs' rankings.:confused: According to her CG doesn't exist. In 2015 after a great semifinal game with GBW, the 7A champs, CG wasn't even a blib on her radar.

Um, last year she had PR at #20 to start the season....behind MANY other area 6A teams such as Crete, Montini, and, I believe Providence.

Reactions: Wolffan64
I know all the CG guys see a lot of value is Ms. Longs' rankings.:confused: According to her CG doesn't exist. In 2015 after a great semifinal game with GBW, the 7A champs, CG wasn't even a blib on her radar.
CG held PR to their lowest point total this season, 23 in 2 games. Naz was 2nd with 28. But it’s about winning that gets you ranked. I get it.

CG held PR to their lowest point total this season, 23 in 2 games. Naz was 2nd with 28. But it’s about winning that gets you ranked. I get it.

8 quarters...23 points. 20 seconds from 7 less and a possible state championship. It hurts.

But again, was off by 1 on how many points NAZ would score against PR in the final, was correct that PR would win...and if only PR played a tougher schedule, they would have put the additional 2 TD's I predicted...;)

Maybe not him, but his assistant coaches have done all of the above. I have witnessed it

As has JCA coaches
I'm sure most schools are doing it, especially the privates. The guy said Naz doesn't do it, just stating that I have witnessed Naz coaches at games and know they have texted and called potential players

I said it before and will again, it's legal to come to games and have contact with the student as long as the parents agree and are involved. As Irish LB points out, I personally saw Dan Sharp at numerous games during my youth football days in Naperville and the surrounding areas. Get over it and move on.

Regarding the whole 30 mile radius and the like. Open up the recruiting to every school like we have in PA. If a student wants to go to a school and doesn't live in the district he/she can attend for the cost of tuition which equals what is spent on the average student for the year. If they live in a "failing school" and decide to go to a different school that is passing the state standard, then the transferring school also transfers their state and local funding to the receiving school and the student is then billed or refunded the difference for their tuition. This "open boundaries" for all levels the playing field for both quality education and sports performance, while giving the students and parents a choice. The next issue to clear in PA will be tuition vouchers and could be coming in Illinois as well. So how's separation looking to everyone now!

Maybe not him, but his assistant coaches have done all of the above. I have witnessed it

Come on USD read my posts from earlier and just now about this whole subject, it's not a violation of the IHSA rules.

I'm sure most schools are doing it, especially the privates. The guy said Naz doesn't do it, just stating that I have witnessed Naz coaches at games and know they have texted and called potential players

Come on USD read my posts from earlier and just now about this whole subject, it's not a violation of the IHSA rules.
Get over what?

I didn't mention any violations. The guy said naz doesn't contact kids and I said he is incorrect.

Last edited:
Get over what?

I didn't mention any violations. The guy said naz doesn't contact kids and I said he is incorrect.
He actually said Racki doesn't recruit and contact kids. So maybe you should circle back.

Naz lost because of 2 reasons in my own opinion. We went to the game, and I had to listen to my 17yo tell me how badly PC would have killed PR. Different topic, different time.

Stupid, extremely costly penalties was the first reason Naz lost.

Not being able to stop the veer is the second.

No disrespect to PR, they capitalized on all of Naz’ mistakes.

At the same time, the Naz I saw this Saturday was not the same Naz I saw the previous Saturday. It was almost as if they figured the PC game was their championship game.

Again, these are just my opinion, take them for what they’re worth.

Naz lost because of 2 reasons in my own opinion. We went to the game, and I had to listen to my 17yo tell me how badly PC would have killed PR. Different topic, different time.

At the same time, the Naz I saw this Saturday was not the same Naz I saw the previous Saturday. It was almost as if they figured the PC game was their championship game.

In my opinion PR won because they had discipline. That was the difference in the game. Nobody seems to be giving PR credit for being the better team. Part of being the better team is having the discipline not to make the mistakes.

In my opinion PR won because they had discipline. That was the difference in the game. Nobody seems to be giving PR credit for being the better team. Part of being the better team is having the discipline not to make the mistakes.
I railed a little on Nazs discipline issues in other threads, but that said, in no way intend to insinuate that PR wasn't the better team. There is no room for argument that they weren't IMO. Maybe in some alternate universe with just one lucky break (or one less undisciplibed mistake) Naz flips that game, but that isn't the universe we live in.

Um no. They couldn't even stop Mt. Carmel and this option was run much much more flawlessly.

Reactions: LOYAL2PR
He actually said Racki doesn't recruit and contact kids. So maybe you should circle back.

I don't know what you mean by "circle back". Saying that Racki doesnt recruit is just semantics. They ALL recruit!!! That is why good schools are good!

Last edited:

Question, PC gave up 35 to MtC's veer....why would you and your son now believe PC would have stopped PR's triple option?

PC had a great season, but come on....besides St Rita, who did PC really beat?
St Iggy? We (sorry Cary) basically had running clocked them in 1st half
St Larry? They lost to St Iggy...
PC had the easiest route to the semi's in 6A. NAZ beat you the week prior, by a few scores, it's not like it was ever your game...

As good as NAZ looked at times in the title game, they never led. Not once. Every time they scored, PR came right back to take the lead again. They had opportunities, but either the pressure (offsides), lack of discipline (personal fouls, block in the back), or poor game plan (kick to Samson...over and over?) got in the way. But again, NAZ never was in lead. (Yes, I know they had the games 1st TD called back, but watch the replay, obvious penalty done when not needed.)

PR had some mistakes as well. Missed a gimme FG which would have made it a 10 point game. Had a big holding call as well on a big drive which then forced them to punt ending another drive. Missed assignments on D (like no one covering the middle of the field) gave NAZ some huge 3rd down conversions. Only tried passing again on obvious passing situations...allowed NAZ to keep 10 in the box most of the game.

In the end, the better team won. Why, PR proved they were better. The past two years, as much as it pains me to say, they beat everyone in front of them....and most of the time, by alot.... They beat all the top teams too....Montini, SHG, NAZ, DeKalb, Hoffman, Lake Forest, Cary, Willowbrook...

Congrats to them.

Now I hope they stay undefeated until 10/12 next season so we could be the ones to end their streak.
**I don't think they will since I figure either Huntley or WV will beat them before we see them.

So is LT or was it Mount Carrmel, I can't remember which is your team currently, better than PR?

OK Captain Strawman, I have no idea what the hell you are talking about. Where did I claim EITHER teams is better than PR? I double dog dare you to post it.

Above all, I'm a Hawkeye fan from Iowa City. Prairie Ridge has two excellent Iowa recruits in Jenkins and Samson. Anyone insinuating they are a "one man team" is on drugs, period. And apparently you are not exempt.

Belittling the Prairie Ridge run as a "one man show" over two years is just utterly stupid. Go ahead and defend it, and more importantly point out the precise point where I said, LT or Mt. Carmel or Pleasantdale Junior High (for all I care) is better than Prairie Ridge.

Man up and accept that your kids were beaten by a better team, and move on.

Reactions: Wolffan64
Pretty sure I never said that I believed, but let’s be honest, don’t all 17yo boys think they’re invincible?

Yes we beat Iggy, wasn’t even close, the starters were out at the half. Larry? Over focused on TC and let another boy keep it closer than it should have been.

As far as the Naz game goes, mostly played between the 20s, and costly ass mistakes killed us. We lost. It is what it is.

You have to understand, my son plays for Provi, but I am in no way a Provi fanboy. I believe you play the game based on the current talent, not on what won you a championship 4 years ago. I also think you should stick with the same game plan in all 4 levels and not change things up when you get to Varsity. But I’m not a coach, so I have no input on what they play. I will say this though. The boys we had, running the Senffner game plan would have been something else to see.

Now here’s a question. Will PR be success factored next year, or is that only saved for the privates?

Okay Mr. D, I never said that PR didn't earn the title and beat Naz straight up fair and square. I didn't say their win was tarnished in any way. But when a guy that has an axe to grind with both Naz and the posting guys from MC you lose all credibility. Oh and I loved your post nominating your own kid for Defensive player of the year, and you have the stones to call me Strawman(not even original today).

OK Captain Strawman, I have no idea what the hell you are talking about. Where did I claim EITHER teams is better than PR? I double dog dare you to post it.

Above all, I'm a Hawkeye fan from Iowa City. Prairie Ridge has two excellent Iowa recruits in Jenkins and Samson. Anyone insinuating they are a "one man team" is on drugs, period. And apparently you are not exempt.

Belittling the Prairie Ridge run as a "one man show" over two years is just utterly stupid. Go ahead and defend it, and more importantly point out the precise point where I said, LT or Mt. Carmel or Pleasantdale Junior High (for all I care) is better than Prairie Ridge.

Man up and accept that your kids were beaten by a better team, and move on.

Last edited:
and while I'm thinking about it, I am not a non-Naz guy. I really liked the school and heard daily for about 2 years that someone would have rather had been there.

I have no issues with Naz at all, I'm not even sure where that came from to be honest. When we lost, i was the first person on the field over on their bench congratulating the boys and coaches on a good game and good luck.

As far as me nominating my boy for DPOY, funny. I did say he should have been thought about for the all state team, but I also knew it wasn't going to happen lol, but I wanted to give 3 examples of boys that were looked over so that maybe one of them would actually be considered. This was done as more of a sarcastic mention than anything else.

I know you have your posters mixed Jwar, and I know that this wasn't directed at me for the right reason, but I still wanted to get my 2 cents out there.

I think someone did nominate a DB from Lyons Township for All State from the board. Not sure whose kid it is though.

Emdee, Hey man sorry that was directed at Guido that's why I quote him, that said I see the ease of thinking I meant you as I addressed Mr. D. I've got nothing but love for you and your son and recall fondly our talks and your like for Naz. Sorry for the confusion, this was directed at the LT buffoon, who also happens to be Mr. D.

Two different posters my friend. I never called you anything.

Okay Mr. D, I never said that PR didn't earn the title and beat Naz straight up fair and square. I didn't say their win was tarnished in any way. But when a guy that has an axe to grind with both Naz and the posting guys from MC you lose all credibility. Oh and I loved your post nominating your own kid for Defensive player of the year, and you have the stones to call me Strawman(not even original today).
Where’s my axe to grind with Naz? For once prove your BS. I really like Racki.
I like all 3 schools. I know and respect kids at all 3 schools. I root for them all. They are 17 and 18 yr old kids for God’s sake. You seem to be the classic D.B. on this board, time to grow up or gtfo.
As always, lotsbofn hyperbole with nothing to back it up.

You do nothing but try to manipulate people and straight up lie. I called you out when you started blowing things up 2 years ago after the LT departure and transfer to MC and you denied denied denied, then you got caught in those lies. Then there was the return to LT and talk about how great LT was blah blah blah. I won't even mention some of the other stuff because your kid d doesn't deserve to have his name drug through the mess. Now go ahead and call me out again, we all know you will.

Where’s my axe to grind with Naz? For once prove your BS. I really like Racki.
I like all 3 schools. I know and respect kids at all 3 schools. I root for them all. They are 17 and 18 yr old kids for God’s sake. You seem to be the classic D.B. on this board, time to grow up or gtfo.
As always, lotsbofn hyperbole with nothing to back it up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT