ADVERTISEMENT

Glenwood Running it up...

I'm sure it involves public vs private..SHG has been a thorn in Glenwood's side for many seasons..why roust Providence?

Having a pretty good understanding of the history in the area- I am not sure of any bad blood between the two school.

Not sure the HC at PC is a very confrontational person UNLESS his team and field is disrespected. If they didnt confront the other coach what kind of respect would he garner?

No one disrepects you and you dont confront it. From what I read, if it is accurate, some very strong clear communications would have been made. NO QUESTION.

Please tell me Cogs stood up for his kids! I believe he must have.

Now I will say this. Was Providence Blitzing and doing things defensively that provoked this type of action? If that is the case I have seen coaches take just action...

Glenwood better remember what goes around comes around.

Having a pretty good understanding of the history in the area- I am not sure of any bad blood between the two school.

Not sure the HC at PC is a very confrontational person UNLESS his team and field is disrespected. If they didnt confront the other coach what kind of respect would he garner?

No one disrepects you and you dont confront it. From what I read, if it is accurate, some very strong clear communications would have been made. NO QUESTION.

Please tell me Cogs stood up for his kids! I believe he must have.

Now I will say this. Was Providence Blitzing and doing things defensively that provoked this type of action? If that is the case I have seen coaches take just action...

Glenwood better remember what goes around comes around.
Maybe it was some attempt to show ESL that they’re for real too? They better double up their jockstraps next week.

Reactions: Wolffan64
Richards not playing Argo tonight
Richards has made a living off beating up the Argo's, Reavis', Oak Lawn's, Eisenhower's, and us at times for many years. They have a "solid" program, but it's one of the most overrated in the state. When Hartman was here, we handled them routinely with a 4A roster.

Richards has made a living off beating up the Argo's, Reavis', Oak Lawn's, Eisenhower's, and us at times for many years. They have a "solid" program, but it's one of the most overrated in the state. When Hartman was here, we handled them routinely with a 4A roster.
Who is “us”? EP?

Never went for two. And no kick as far as the newspaper box score.

air quickly out of balloon.

However, Richards has upped their 2 non-cons to the tune of St. Rita, Batavia, Phillips, Geneva, LWC, LWN (before they closed) and the like. Also, due to their high place of finish in their SSC division every year, they automatically draw either Lemont or Hillcrest.

Reactions: SSafety1
Who is “us”? EP?[/QU
However, Richards has upped their 2 non-cons to the tune of St. Rita, Batavia, Phillips, Geneva, LWC, LWN (before they closed) and the like. Also, due to their high place of finish in their SSC division every year, they automatically draw either Lemont or Hillcrest.
Exactly. Not their fault the conference sucks, hence the tougher non-conference games they try to schedule. Heading to Normal or Normal West next year as part of a two year contract (forgot which). I agree, their conference doesn’t do much to prepare them for the ESL’s of the world. As far as routine wins the Evergreen Park guy was referring to, since 2006, EP has beaten Richards twice. Nothing routine happening. Sorry to call you out. Pretty safe to say many Richards fans knew this was the end of the road when ESL came knocking this week. Just a different level of football. Pump the brakes EP guy. Work on making the playoffs and work on keeping coaches.

Reactions: go dogz and Gene K.
Oh, and congrats to Chatham-Glenwood. That’s a great win to come up to a Chicagoland catholic high school and win, especially in the playoffs.

Reactions: Gene K.
Oh, and congrats to Chatham-Glenwood. That’s a great win to come up to a Chicagoland catholic high school and win, especially in the playoffs.

It’s a great win against any team- why against a catholic HS??? Don’t belittle other schools. Celebrate the accomplishment for what it is!

Reactions: Wolffan64
I'm sure it involves public vs private..SHG has been a thorn in Glenwood's side for many seasons..why roust Providence?

No doubt about it MIKE. I also remember some comments by one of their administrators after Montini beat them in 2010 relative to the public/private issue. I wonder if Providence will be rooting for them against ESL!!

I’m not, but a downstate team coming up on the road to a traditional powerhouse team in a powerhouse conference. Relax.

I didn’t take my ADHD meds. I am quite relaxed now. I still don’t understand the big deal though jovan! Traditionally powerhouse because of their 1 state title since 2004! 1 title. Every 15 years doesn’t keep you @ the Elite of the state. Mind you before that they would be The Who’s who of The Who’s who.

Never went for two. And no kick as far as the newspaper box score.

air quickly out of balloon.

If they called timeout with 4 seconds left to throw a 40 yard pass with the game in hand there is plenty of air left in that balloon. If this is the case and I were Cogs, I would drive down to ESL to help them game plan. Not that ESL needs it or Cogs could help, but you get the idea...

Yeah I was England’s by the post which I Misread and by alum @ the game.
Never to big to admit I am wrong esp when I have egg on my face. Apologies to all I offended and misinformed.

ESL Is a proud and stories program. They will do fine I am sure.

1450 Springfield has tremendous prep coverage. I found out about them back in 2014 for the 3A title game.

It's also important to note that their opponent is a Catholic school team from Chicago. Also, it was a long bus ride, in fact, approaching three hours.

Gee, maybe it had to do with the mock movie poster that was circulating on social media by PC folks. "Forget the Titans"

I don't care for memes and Photoshop to begin with but the ones that are anti-opponent come back to haunt you sometimes.

You think Providence might've learned to avoid movie poster spoofs.

Honestly I attended a playoff game there a few years ago the antics by some of their fans were the worst I've seen our players subjected by an opposing fan base. Running up the score isn't really my style but if you are going to act that way karma has a way of working out and you better expect that someone is going to stomp on your throat eventually.

It's also important to note that their opponent is a Catholic school team from Chicago. Also, it was a long bus ride, in fact, approaching three hours.

When it comes to Springfield area coverage those guys are good. Biased maybe, but good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT