ADVERTISEMENT

Glenbard West vs Marist

What's Marist have coming back? I'm guessing it will be Rice and Marist battling to avoid the cellar in the Blue this year.

What's Marist have coming back? I'm guessing it will be Rice and Marist battling to avoid the cellar in the Blue this year.
They have a D1 WR and Strong Safety and a couple more talented players but they have to break in a new QB and replace a couple other starters. They got a slight rebuild but their lower levels the past couple seasons have been solid so they got talent coming up. Couple Sophs transferred to MC.

They have a D1 WR and Strong Safety and a couple more talented players but they have to break in a new QB and replace a couple other starters. They got a slight rebuild but their lower levels the past couple seasons have been solid so they got talent coming up. Couple Sophs transferred to MC.

Marist also has a DT ranked top 30 of 2023 per rivals. Not sure of GW big time players. Should be a great game, nobody is a loser in these big time CCL-Publics matchups!!!

those are some key sophs they lost . Should be a good game though

Reactions: McCaravan
For common opponents from last year - 2021 HC Sophomores got absolutely smoked vs Marist, and lost to GW by 1 score.

HC Varsity beat GW at GW last year, then lost to Glenbrook South in the Playoffs, who then lost to Marist Varsity.

My early money is Marist by 2 scores. It’d be more, but GW and Hetlet has all summer to prepare.

For common opponents from last year - 2021 HC Sophomores got absolutely smoked vs Marist, and lost to GW by 1 score.

HC Varsity beat GW at GW last year, then lost to Glenbrook South in the Playoffs, who then lost to Marist Varsity.

My early money is Marist by 2 scores. It’d be more, but GW and Hetlet has all summer to prepare.
I know you know this, but never take too much from Soph level games as many Sophs are on Varsity.

Glenbard was a basketball school last season. Ready to return to being a football school this fall.

Glenbard sophs beat Marist last year in their opener. This will be closer than you think.

Reactions: Panthers1211
Does anyone have any throwback retro-Redskin or Redhawk attire for me??? LOL
I refuse to call them the RedHawks.I kept calling them the Redskkns years ago & was asked to stop or get thrown out.I told them go ahead and any numbers of my friends who were lawyers would have their tail on a silver platter

I refuse to call them the RedHawks.I kept calling them the Redskkns years ago & was asked to stop or get thrown out.I told them go ahead and any numbers of my friends who were lawyers would have their tail on a silver platter
Woah - watch out for tough guy and his lawyer “friends”. I’m sure their “buddy” continuing to use a derogatory term for Native Americans when asked to stop is the career enhancing case they’d hang their hat on.
Get over yourself.

Marist has to be a 2 TD favorite at home - they have 3 key OL returning along with a TE who got reps and the best returning WR. On D they have 5 returning starters (Iowa commit and Wisky commit). QB, RB and Special Teams will be question marks. Marist 28 gw 13

If Carnell Tate didn’t bolt for IMG, oh what Marist could have done with him and Ryan Simms at WR...

He could have helped Marist win 8a last year had he not bolted. The two sophs (juniors to be) who transferred to MC would have started again at Marist (great additions for MC)
Tate with Jackson at QB would have been deadly last season for sure

Dupree and Manning are going to be fun to watch. Big hit for redhawks losing manning. Also saw their top returning hoops player transferred to Oak Lawn

Reactions: McCaravan
Dupree and Manning are going to be fun to watch. Big hit for redhawks losing manning. Also saw their top returning hoops player transferred to Oak Lawn
Speaking of Basketball....that was a surprise today with Frasor.

Program will be in good hands. Thanks for your concern.
How so? This is a big loss. Who replaces him? I'd be shocked if at least one of the players doesn't transfer. And I doubt Richardson is coming back although it would awesome if he did.

GBW offense is very unique with lots of misdirection. If you haven’t played it before and are not disciplined in your defensive assignments they will score 35 pt.

Program will be in good hands. Thanks for your concern.
Your act is getting old. I brought up a big news story in the IL HS sport’s world after a basketball reference was made to @Topiary, a BR fan who has never been anything more then a respectful and insightful poster on this board and you got to give your typical smarta** responses. Good luck.

Last edited:
Yeah - big hit - not a lot of time before season starts (he had a nice team returning)
Big hit for the program but they will recover quickly. Looking at his bio I forgot he was a McDonald's High School All-American. He won a lot of games at BR. I have a number of college buddies from my frat that went to LEO. We'd make a night out of the Leo/BR game most years. He will be missed.

Big hit for the program but they will recover quickly. Looking at his bio I forgot he was a McDonald's High School All-American. He won a lot of games at BR. I have a number of college buddies from my frat that went to LEO. We'd make a night out of the Leo/BR game most years. He will be missed.
Great recruiter too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT