ADVERTISEMENT

Glenbard W 14 / Glenbrook S 0 2Q

Can I for one say I hate grass fields. This game is 28-0 ONLY because GBW is used to playing on this crap and GBS is not. GBS at a very big competitive disadvantage. Come into the 20th century(at a minimum) GBW

Glenbard west practices on turf and sees this field four or five times a year.
Ha, I know. Nobody’s allowed to even look at that field 360 days a year. GS has kind of quit, which is understandable. I haven’t seen slumped shoulders like that since I had a touchdown called back for not having my mouthpiece in (true story).

LOL, don’t know how to play on grass huh? What an excuse to be down 28 points LOL!!!
I stand by what I said. Not sticking up for GBS, but with the exception of NV and GBW everyone else is turf. It's got to be safer injury-wise on days like today, and it makes for better games.

Ha, I know. Nobody’s allowed to even look at that field 360 days a year. GS has kind of quit, which is understandable. I haven’t seen slumped shoulders like that since I had a touchdown called back for not having my mouthpiece in (true story).
Edwardsville looks the same way in their game. Uninspired. I am not sure why when your in the playoffs. Crazy

I stand by what I said. Not sticking up for GBS, but with the exception of NV and GBW everyone else is turf. It's got to be safer injury-wise on days like today, and it makes for better games.
Ever heard of having a home field advantage? It’s an ADVANTAGE. SMH

Been talked about here a couple times before, but I do believe the main reason for GBW is the turf would flood

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
Been talked about here a couple times before, but I do believe the main reason for GBW is the turf would flood
St. Francis had the same issue but redid the grade with the new field design. Whomever choose that color scheme needs to be fired.

How many of the 42 points scored in this game are attributable to the field? GW played an excellent game today. On to Main South where a much tougher game awaits. Good game, GBS !

Last edited:
Lol
So your saying your a quitter? We can tell by all your whining. Playing on a grass field cost GS the game. I have heard a lot of excuses but this one is a new one. GS 0 Grass Field 42. Wow the grass coaches had a great game plan. 😂

You may want to pay attention to reports coming out about the injury rate on turf vs. grass. Especially at the NFL level.

You may want to pay attention to reports coming out about the injury rate on turf vs. grass. Especially at the NFL level.
I'm always open to changing my opinion based on new information. Where can I find that? I was "supposing" but I'd rather have the real info.

Athletes also bigger, faster, stronger than ever before. Big variable to consider

It would require the whole complex to be raised something like 6 feet. Not easy or cheap. Also it is the same for both teams. The wind was a bigger factor for games today than grass over turf.

Reactions: Gene K.
Can I for one say I hate grass fields. This game is 28-0 ONLY because GBW is used to playing on this crap and GBS is not. GBS at a very big competitive disadvantage. Come into the 20th century(at a minimum) GBW
Football is football. A real team should be prepared to play on any surface. GBW isn’t soft.

Lol
So your saying your a quitter? We can tell by all your whining. Playing on a grass field cost GS the game. I have heard a lot of excuses but this one is a new one. GS 0 Grass Field 42. Wow the grass coaches had a great game plan. 😂
😢

Football is football. A real team should be prepared to play on any surface. GBW isn’t soft.

You can say that. But Grass vs Turf matters when one team has cleats for grass vs a team that has a turf cleats. Can clearly see in pictures GBW kids have screw in/longer cleats. The better team won today regardless.
But to be fair you cant expect an away team to have all players go out and buy $100 cleats for one game. Where as players that play on grass buy the appropriate shoes. It's like two baseball teams and ones wearing spikes and the other flat shoes. Or in track if someone trys to run without track spikes. But thats why its home field advantage. Just replied to your message bc it was at the end. Not complaining and I actually like grass fields. It IS an advantage though if the visiting team doesn't have appropriate foot wear and when the field is not dry. And even when its somewhat dry it still is. Hope they keep it.

You can say that. But Grass vs Turf matters when one team has cleats for grass vs a team that has a turf cleats. Can clearly see in pictures GBW kids have screw in/longer cleats. The better team won today regardless.
But to be fair you cant expect an away team to have all players go out and buy $100 cleats for one game. Where as players that play on grass buy the appropriate shoes. It's like two baseball teams and ones wearing spikes and the other flat shoes. Or in track if someone trys to run without track spikes. But thats why its home field advantage. Just replied to your message bc it was at the end. Not complaining and I actually like grass fields. It IS an advantage though if the visiting team doesn't have appropriate foot wear and when the field is not dry. And even when its somewhat dry it still is. Hope they keep it.
Didn't know they still sold screw in cleats. I have been looking for some for a couple of years now. Can't find them anywhere.

Reactions: RaiderAlum50
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT