ADVERTISEMENT

Glenbard North knocks off NN 20-7

I'm shocked by this one I saw GBN play against WWS and they were not real impressive. DVC as a whole looks really bad this year I think it's going to be another disappointing playoff season like last year.

I'm shocked by this one I saw GBN play against WWS and they were not real impressive. DVC as a whole looks really bad this year I think it's going to be another disappointing playoff season like last year.

It's about matchups. WWS has a more balanced attack then NN so GBN struggled on D. Having to really only focus on the pass made NN the ideal matchup for GBN and their outstanding secondary. The DVC is fine. Have you watched teams from other conferences this year? How many wins would WWS have in any other conference right now? At least 3.

Reactions: Ben_ Henderson
It's about matchups. WWS has a more balanced attack then NN so GBN struggled on D. Having to really only focus on the pass made NN the ideal matchup for GBN and their outstanding secondary. The DVC is fine. Have you watched teams from other conferences this year? How many wins would WWS have in any other conference right now? At least 3.

WWS may have 3 wins in another conference but playing a weak schedule and getting in the playoffs won't help you advance once you get there. I've seen Maine South and Glendard West and both of those teams are better then any team in the DVC. WN and GBN if they can get in have a shot at advancing in the playoffs but that's more due to 7A being weak.

The DVC top to bottom is a solid conference but there are no state championship caliber teams in the conference.

Reactions: Anomalyout28
WWS may have 3 wins in another conference but playing a weak schedule and getting in the playoffs won't help you advance once you get there. I've seen Maine South and Glendard West and both of those teams are better then any team in the DVC. WN and GBN if they can get in have a shot at advancing in the playoffs but that's more due to 7A being weak.

The DVC top to bottom is a solid conference but there are no state championship caliber teams in the conference.
You weren't impressed with Naperville Central? Next week should provide clarity against a good OH team.

You weren't impressed with Naperville Central? Next week should provide clarity against a good OH team.

I think they are going to get their clock cleaned by St. Edward, they are very average team with great QB and really good WR.

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
I think they are going to get their clock cleaned by St. Edward, they are very average team with great QB and really good WR.
IMHO... the Redhawks are a top 10 class 8a team this year, but not a team that will compete for a title. The program is well stocked with talent and will be winning a lot in the years ahead. Frosh, soph, and junior classes are very good. Will most likely go 8-1, winning the DVC, then lose to MS, LWE, HF, Marist, or Loyola in the 3rd round.

Reactions: ClownBaby
IMHO... the Redhawks are a top 10 class 8a team this year, but not a team that will compete for a title. The program is well stocked with talent and will be winning a lot in the years ahead. Frosh, soph, and junior classes are very good. Will most likely go 8-1, winning the DVC, then lose to MS, LWE, HF, Marist, or Loyola in the 3rd round.

Totally agree they will win the conference but I just can't see them winning state or making it beyond the quarter finals.

I miss the days when the DVC would have 2-3 teams with a legitimate chance at a state title.

Reactions: NNFAN
Totally agree they will win the conference but I just can't see them winning state or making it beyond the quarter finals.

I miss the days when the DVC would have 2-3 teams with a legitimate chance at a state title.
Twice I attended state title games (1992 & 2007) where WWS players formed a tunnel for NN after competing for a title themselves minutes earlier.

Wait you saw the MS v GW game and that made you think that GW would win the DVC? Wow.

Not sure about the Ohio team - but I agree that the QB and WR make that NC team go. Waubonsie put 245 yards rushing on their Defense and 37 points. NC couldn't run the ball most of the time (under 100 yards for the game) but their QB And WR single handily beat WV in the 4th quarter. NC is a good team but I would not say they are final 4 caliber at least at this point in the season.

Yes, Rock, as a matter of fact, I did. Sucks to lose. That pick is a hybrid of two terrorists... Rosie O'Donnell and the captured 911 "mastermind" Khalid Sheik Mohamed. Both very hairy and disgusting individuals.
Lol. I thought it was Rosie and Ron Jeremy!

Reactions: NNFAN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT