ADVERTISEMENT

Glenbard North 14, Mt Carmel 21 early 4th

Caravan go for it on fl4th and 1 near midfield and North stops em. 5:30 left third

Lynch scores in fourth and two capping a nice drive - caravan run a flea flicker to set up the score

As far as I could tell it was 2 15 yard penalties on 2 different coaches. Second one was half the distance to the goal.

I’ve never seen anything like that!
I've seen it go the opposite way. Opposing team was scored on, and then incurred 2 personal fouls. They then had to receive a kickoff from their own 30. Needless to say, they had to recover an inside kick.

I missed the whole 2nd half. Can anyone give me a recap?
I really thought we were going to lose this one. GBN was a big, physical team that hit MC right in the mouth the first half. GBN scored right away to make it 14-7....MC then rattled off 27 unanswered points. Justin Lynch played a great game, rushed for 130 yards and 4 TDs. Kenenna Odeluga added 110 yards. The O-Line gelled and started picking up the blitz's. Marty O'Brien had a big interception that really brought the crowd into it and then finished the scoring with his second INT that went for a 84 yard pick 6. Great adjustments made by the MC coaches.

There was an amazing amount of penalties this game, a ton on MC. I love this team but penalties have killed us all year. Today's game I'm going to say the refs did get a lot wrong and were flag happy, but there was a few personal fouls on MC that they need to just show some composure. If someone hits you let them get flagged, take the 15 yards and then the next play, you pay them back and knock them on their ass. The game went long with double flags on both teams for personal fouls. Refs called for both teams Captains to meet and told them to stop it. It's the playoffs, you can't risk getting tossed and have to sit the next game. That being said, great second half, great W, 11-0, keep going MC!!

I heard GBN was missing 2 of their stud backs
They were missing one for sure....if they were missing 2 then they have a stable of good RB's because the guy they had back there today did a real nice job. But they have a huge line and a bulldog full back so their offense is designed for running success.

I posted that right after GBN scored a TD to make it 14 to 7 and than forced a quick three and out. Got the ball back and the refs called 4 HOLDING penalties in a row. So yeah at the time of that post it was quite accurate.

I posted that right after GBN scored a TD to make it 14 to 7 and than forced a quick three and out. Got the ball back and the refs called 4 HOLDING penalties in a row. So yeah at the time of that post it was quite accurate.
So GBN held 4x and kept MC in the game by not executing properly?

OK, I'll give you that.....but they more then made up for it though!

Sure that was it. Poor execution.

why is it the refs fault when fouls are called? If GBN has plays of positive yardage but held to gain that yardage they shouldn’t be called because they did it consecutive times? I held on 1st to make it 1st and 14. I got beat again I’ll grab because I shouldn’t be penalized 2x in a row because my technique sucks, it must be bad officiating

Reactions: Irish LB
why is it the refs fault when fouls are called? If GBN has plays of positive yardage but held to gain that yardage they shouldn’t be called because they did it consecutive times? I held on 1st to make it 1st and 14. I got beat again I’ll grab because I shouldn’t be penalized 2x in a row because my technique sucks, it must be bad officiating
Stop it, You can call holding on every play. 4 in a row is a joke.

Reactions: Kevin JCHS 81
Stop it, You can call holding on every play. 4 in a row is a joke.

If it has an effect on the play why shouldn’t it be called? I didn’t watch it at all so I’m not justifying what was called. But why can’t a flag be thrown when it effects the play. Would it be ok to tackle an eligible receiver 4x in a row? Or it shouldn’t be called because it’s consecutive? And why does it matter where it’s thrown from? In hs the backjudge starts at 18-23yds with an immediate back pedal. So by the time they see a foul maybe they are 30yd. But that can’t be a foul because they keyed on that player or had a better angle than the other refs?

I really thought we were going to lose this one. GBN was a big, physical team that hit MC right in the mouth the first half. GBN scored right away to make it 14-7....MC then rattled off 27 unanswered points. Justin Lynch played a great game, rushed for 130 yards and 4 TDs. Kenenna Odeluga added 110 yards. The O-Line gelled and started picking up the blitz's. Marty O'Brien had a big interception that really brought the crowd into it and then finished the scoring with his second INT that went for a 84 yard pick 6. Great adjustments made by the MC coaches.

There was an amazing amount of penalties this game, a ton on MC. I love this team but penalties have killed us all year. Today's game I'm going to say the refs did get a lot wrong and were flag happy, but there was a few personal fouls on MC that they need to just show some composure. If someone hits you let them get flagged, take the 15 yards and then the next play, you pay them back and knock them on their ass. The game went long with double flags on both teams for personal fouls. Refs called for both teams Captains to meet and told them to stop it. It's the playoffs, you can't risk getting tossed and have to sit the next game. That being said, great second half, great W, 11-0, keep going MC!!
I think Marty’s interception was the turning point in the game today....

If it has an effect on the play why shouldn’t it be called? I didn’t watch it at all so I’m not justifying what was called. But why can’t a flag be thrown when it effects the play. Would it be ok to tackle an eligible receiver 4x in a row? Or it shouldn’t be called because it’s consecutive? And why does it matter where it’s thrown from? In hs the backjudge starts at 18-23yds with an immediate back pedal. So by the time they see a foul maybe they are 30yd. But that can’t be a foul because they keyed on that player or had a better angle than the other refs?
Please stop explaining football to me. 4 holding calls is excessive.

So if after you get a ticket you speed you shouldn’t get ticketed again for speeding? Why should the defense be put at a disadvantage because of bad execution? All gloves are off after 1-2 holding calls? 1st and 35 defender gets tackled on the edge to spring a 50yd TD no call bc there’s been previous calls?

So if after you get a ticket you speed you shouldn’t get ticketed again for speeding? Why should the defense be put at a disadvantage because of bad execution? All gloves are off after 1-2 holding calls? 1st and 35 defender gets tackled on the edge to spring a 50yd TD no call bc there’s been previous calls?
OMG. You can call it on every play. The refs were being punitive. Who knows why. Wilkins pissed them off or something. Didn’t matter anyway as Lynch went off. I am happy for the kid. I was just referring to a very specific point of the game.

OMG. You can call it on every play. The refs were being punitive. Who knows why. Wilkins pissed them off or something. Didn’t matter anyway as Lynch went off. I am happy for the kid. I was just referring to a very specific point of the game.

You’re being subjective Stop with the dumb generic phrase of holding can be called on every play. That’s why you need football explained to you. Holding is called when a material restriction has an effect on the play. When the bad RT gets beat by the good DE on a pitch to the left that’s nothing. When the defense is put at a disadvantage by the bad play that’s a foul.

You’re being subjective Stop with the dumb generic phrase of holding can be called on every play. That’s why you need football explained to you. Holding is called when a material restriction has an effect on the play. When the bad RT gets beat by the good DE on a pitch to the left that’s nothing. When the defense is put at a disadvantage by the bad play that’s a foul.
Sure yeah that is what happened all 4 times.

There's numerous threads on here about different games stating they had tons of penalties. So either ihsa told the refs to call everything or the penalties are so blatant what are the refs to do.
If you haven't watched the game on tape almost impossible to know what each ref saw on each penalty.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT