ADVERTISEMENT

Girls Flag State Finals

Twins B was such a stud, I would have let her play football through 8th grade. Her mother said no,

Then she breaks a vertebrae playing goalie...
Kids get hurt falling off bicycles. If you participate in anything athletic you can and will get injured at some time. Severity differs.

It is so funny that you say this with your first couple sentences. Last year I told both my daughters that girls flag football was coming HS sports. The older one said, "damn, I wish they had that when I was at Lockport. I would definitely have played instead of Volleyball for Hudson." LOL. The younger one also wished it had existed then.

I don't have a problem with girls playing whatever sport they want. Now, about 10 years ago my older daughter was a WR in a women's tackle football league out west. Full uniforms. They had teams in Salt Lake City, Las Vegas, Reno, Sacramento and I think in LA too. Maybe more. I can't remember. They called it "semi pro" and she loved it. She played two seasons and we did get to see one of her games. No, it wasn't the same as men's, but who cares? It was fun to watch.
Love this, btw. That's awesome for your oldest daughter. I'm sure that was a dream she finally got to make happen, suiting up full-go and hearing the pads pop. Tough to top that, dad!

The way I see it, it's an affordable fairly low-cost sport to let the ladies have. The flag football, not the semi-pro legit league. Travel, uniforms, and fields to play on is all you need. They don't need 10,000 seat stadiums and thousands of dollars in equipment to play flag. Heck start a guys league too for all I care. I'm more excited that this many girls were excited to show up and play any form of football. Bc I feel like in the past maybe they wouldn't have. It's a great sport, in any form, and I hope my 4 year old daughter gets the chance to choose whether she wants to play in the future also.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT