ADVERTISEMENT

Get off my lawn

Oct 22, 2017
I wouldn't wish the number of problems the NFL has on it's plate on my ex. Admittedly if I were king of football all players would be required to wear U-bars and neck rolls but when Zach Miller's TD catch was overturned I changed the channel to the feel good movie of 1968 Rosemary's baby.

Reactions: Wolffan64
What a crap call. My dad said “What the hell, is he supposed to carry the ball all the way home with him?”
The Bears receiving core dropped several catchable passes that should have led to a win. Again.

I wouldn't wish the number of problems the NFL has on it's plate on my ex. Admittedly if I were king of football all players would be required to wear U-bars and neck rolls but when Zach Miller's TD catch was overturned I changed the channel to the feel good movie of 1968 Rosemary's baby.
You have the best username.

All this means nothing in the big picture. The guy suffered a gruesome injury on the play and may lose his leg.

I apologize if the post read insensitively. When I posted I had no idea of the severity of the injury. Obviously the overturned TD call is meaningless and Miller's health is the only issue that matters.

Reactions: Gene K.
So what, we cannot talk about the bad call too? Are you related to MC63?
No, I never said you can't talk about a bad call. It is just my opinion that the call is irrelevant to the big picture of Miller's injury. And even if it is a TD, I don't think it would have changed the outcome of the game. But, it doesn't excuse the bad decision by the officials.

I have never been an advocate of replays in any sport. The replay system isn't 100% sure either. We all have examples of mistakes, even in that system, we can relate to and Sunday was one of those examples. I like the human factor of refs and umpires making calls...and mistakes. Although that system isn't perfect, it served us for 100+ years of sporting events.

I don't like the idea of people saying"we want to get the call right" when advocating replay. My response would be. "that's fine, but you don't get the call right 100% of the time either." Why is this? Because humans are still making the decisions on what is a catch and what isn't.

Also, I don't understand why you ask if I am related to MC63. Can you enlighten me on that please? I am a little confused there.

Are you still whining cause we beat you?

No. We are 1-1 against MC, so no problem at all. I will whine about a 4:00 start, as you should too, since it was homecoming. Clowny stuff right there.

Also, I don't understand why you ask if I am related to MC63. Can you enlighten me on that please? I am a little confused there.

He's the angry old man of the board, I dropped that in to get him fired up.

Oh OK. No offense taken on my part.
I'm not sure if I should be insulted or flattered.

Yes, I'm old -- considering the alternative, it's not so bad.

Yes, I'm crabby in that I stand up to bullies, on or off this board. That rubs some of them the wrong way.

Reactions: Bowie50
I'm not sure if I should be insulted or flattered.

Yes, I'm old -- considering the alternative, it's not so bad.

Yes, I'm crabby in that I stand up to bullies, on or off this board. That rubs some of them the wrong way.
I am not here to flatter or insult anyone. I don't want to get involved in a thread that turns into a shit storm and several pages of guys making the same points over and over. And it is always the same guys every time.

I don't mind a good debate. But when the name calling starts, I lose interest. I don't have time for guys who call names or question someone's intelligence just because they disagree. This is high school football. Why some here feel the need to insult a person, their family and their school because they can't agree is beyond me.

I am not trying to come off as holier than thou. But if I start calling names and insulting people here for merely disagreeing with me please let me know. It hasn't happened yet and it won't.

If you are old, you can be thankful. But you're as old as you feel. If you're crabby, so what? Aren't we all at times? I have never met anyone as crabby as my departed grandfather. So, if you want to reach that status you have a long way to go.

I am not here to flatter or insult anyone. I don't want to get involved in a thread that turns into a shit storm and several pages of guys making the same points over and over. And it is always the same guys every time.

I don't mind a good debate. But when the name calling starts, I lose interest. I don't have time for guys who call names or question someone's intelligence just because they disagree. This is high school football. Why some here feel the need to insult a person, their family and their school because they can't agree is beyond me.

I am not trying to come off as holier than thou. But if I start calling names and insulting people here for merely disagreeing with me please let me know. It hasn't happened yet and it won't.

If you are old, you can be thankful. But you're as old as you feel. If you're crabby, so what? Aren't we all at times? I have never met anyone as crabby as my departed grandfather. So, if you want to reach that status you have a long way to go.

Well said!

Reactions: LTHSALUM76
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT