ADVERTISEMENT

GEPreps

MWittman

Nov 22, 2004
I see you are still chafing over Dean’s prediction a few years back about DGN not crossing the fifty-yard line.

You have been reclusive this season, emerging only to post IHSA cut lines. Your dedication to this endeavor was not designed to inform; on the contrary, it was a season-long demonstration of the angst you experienced over the prospect of playing MC in the post-season.

I imagine you, the intrepid keyboard warrior you are, sitting at your computer, wracked with anxiety, and obsessing with classifications.

Now that MC is a third-place CCL Blue team, the forum witnesses an uptick in your posting because you find your fears have been assuaged about a potential match up with MC. Although at this moment you prefer MC, your season-long panic was not limited to landing in the comfortable surroundings of 7A or confronting the Caravan: Your distress included the slight possibility of being deposited in 8A similar to last season and facing Loyola Academy.

My assumption rests largely with the images you have posted at Dean, particularly the photograph of Lenti. Not only does Mr. Lenti shame 99.9% of other coaches in titles earned, eleven times GW’s coach, Lenti isn’t going anywhere. Will GW’s coach stick around? Rumors persist, as you well know.

In the meantime, as GW managed to change the venue, again, to stack the deck in their favor as they did several years ago against Lake Zurich, I will leave you to your petty point scoring and GW to a demonstrably weaker 7A.

Why such angst against GW? If your issue is with Preps, keep it there. You are starting to sound more like an elegant GD93. As you well know, GW was in 8A last year and survived longer than your beloved LA, albeit both lost to a common team. Perhaps it is you that is thankful GW is in 7A. Let's see how MC does today before talking smack about how weak 7A is. GO GN!

jdhitters:

Take a glance at GEPrep's posts directed at Dean. Then get back to me.

I made no predictions; I didn't talk "smack;" and the reason I inserted LA into the mix was to illustrate GEPrep's obsession with classifications this season.

As a LA fan, I was unconcerned with GW last year and am equally unconcerned with them this season. In fact, I would have loved a meeting with the Hilltoppers at any moment this year, regular season or playoffs.

Reactions: DeadHead17
MW,

Your post is a perfect example why people can't stand the CCL you imply the GW was terrified to play MC when it is the exact opposite. The top tier public schools are all eager to play the privates, they may not win but they won't back down and if they win it gives many of the private posters a reality check of how great their teams really are.

Reactions: jdhitters
I'm not defending him. I did see some of his posts. I think it just went a bit off mark. GW would be fine with LA. GW has graced 8A with 4 playoff teams this year, including the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place WSC Silver teams. I thus remain unconvinced 8A is any better than 7A, and an argument could be made that 7A has more depth. GW, L'ville, CG, Batavia, GN (and probably some others) are all solid 7A teams that would fare well in 8A. I would not make a prediction on an LA-GW match, but it would be a good game. I look forward to HF LA game. After your post, and assuming GD93 stays in line up until that game, I actually may have to cheer for HF. If HF wins, and Bolingbrook beat HF, and .. well you know where this is going.

MW,

Your post is a perfect example why people can't stand the CCL you imply the GW was terrified to play MC when it is the exact opposite. The top tier public schools are all eager to play the privates, they may not win but they won't back down and if they win it gives many of the private posters a reality check of how great their teams really are.

Clown:

No. People don't care for the CCL or a majority of Catholic schools here because Catholic school fans greatly outnumber fans from public schools. This is an immutable fact and several posters have yammered for years on what they consider an excessive amount of conversation about Catholic schools.

I never said GW was fearful of playing a Private school. I said GEPreps was filled with anxiety over playing MC and it was clearly demonstrated by his silence for a bulk of the season and his preoccupation with monitoring the classifications.

I'm not defending him. I did see some of his posts. I think it just went a bit off mark. GW would be fine with LA. GW has graced 8A with 4 playoff teams this year, including the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place WSC Silver teams. I thus remain unconvinced 8A is any better than 7A, and an argument could be made that 7A has more depth. GW, L'ville, CG, Batavia, GN (and probably some others) are all solid 7A teams that would fare well in 8A. I would not make a prediction on an LA-GW match, but it would be a good game. I look forward to HF LA game. After your post, and assuming GD93 stays in line up until that game, I actually may have to cheer for HF. If HF wins, and Bolingbrook beat HF, and .. well you know where this is going.

jdhitters:

Cheer for which team warms your heart at any time and for any reason.

Should HF and LA meet, and H-F win, I'm sure it will inspire unhealthy, nuanced and spirited debate filled with inexact comparisons.

I see you are still chafing over Dean’s prediction a few years back about DGN not crossing the fifty-yard line.

You have been reclusive this season, emerging only to post IHSA cut lines. Your dedication to this endeavor was not designed to inform; on the contrary, it was a season-long demonstration of the angst you experienced over the prospect of playing MC in the post-

I imagine you, the intrepid keyboard warrior you are, sitting at your computer, wracked with anxiety, and obsessing with classifications.

Now that MC is a third-place CCL Blue team, the forum witnesses an uptick in your posting because you find your fears have been assuaged about a potential match up with MC. Although at this moment you prefer MC, your season-long panic was not limited to landing in the comfortable surroundings of 7A or confronting the Caravan: Your distress included the slight possibility of being deposited in 8A similar to last season and facing Loyola Academy.

My assumption rests largely with the images you have posted at Dean, particularly the photograph of Lenti. Not only does Mr. Lenti shame 99.9% of other coaches in titles earned, eleven times GW’s coach, Lenti isn’t going anywhere. Will GW’s coach stick around? Rumors persist, as you well know.

In the meantime, as GW managed to change the venue, again, to stack the deck in their favor as they did several years ago against Lake Zurich, I will leave you to your petty point scoring and GW to a demonstrably weaker 7A.

MWitt
So I am surprised at this post. This is not your typical thread. First you attack
DGN fans then you trash GW fans then you trash all the teams in 7A as being weak. Where is all this hostility coming from? Is it that you are feeling pressure of the possibility of MC making an early exit this year? Listen I think most public posters respect the CCL Blue, but post like this makes people want to hate them just like another poster said its GD/HF like.

Clown:

No. People don't care for the CCL or a majority of Catholic schools here because Catholic school fans greatly outnumber fans from public schools. This is an immutable fact and several posters have yammered for years on what they consider an excessive amount of conversation about Catholic schools.

I never said GW was fearful of playing a Private school. I said GEPreps was filled with anxiety over playing MC and it was clearly demonstrated by his silence for a bulk of the season and his preoccupation with monitoring the classifications.
MW, It's not the number of Catholic school fans, its the stuff some of them say. You are proving Clown's point or simply missed it. Such disappointment from the wordsmith. For the record, I have two kids in catholic school and my wife taught at a Catholic school. There are plenty of public school fans who do not find the need to put down the privates, and actually say good things about them. Unfortunately the opposite is becoming the exception. LA is a great team and I suspect you will take it all in 8A, which for this season is not my concern. Now off to GS.

MWitt
So I am surprised at this post. This is not your typical thread. First you attack
DGN fans then you trash GW fans then you trash all the teams in 7A as being weak. Where is all this hostility coming from? Is it that you are feeling pressure of the possibility of MC making an early exit this year? Listen I think most public posters respect the CCL Blue, but post like this makes people want to hate them just like another poster said its GD/HF like.

corey:

Please go back and re-read my post. Then search for GEPrep's posts directed at Dean.

No hostility directed at you or a majority of others. Further, strength of classes is frequently discussed here.

As far as my posts about DGN several years ago, there were quite a few chippy posts directed at Dean and fellow CCL posters; a number of the posts were initial posts too.

Take a look at GEPrep's posts at Dean.

MW, It's not the number of Catholic school fans, its the stuff some of them say. You are proving Clown's point or simply missed it. Such disappointment from the wordsmith. For the record, I have two kids in catholic school and my wife taught at a Catholic school. There are plenty of public school fans who do not find the need to put down the privates, and actually say good things about them. Unfortunately the opposite is becoming the exception.

jdhitters:

I agree about a number of public school posters who are not engaged in tearing down Catholic schools. There are, however, a number of posters, public school supporters, who do consistently engage in attacking Catholic schools.

This element is not germane to my original post: Go back and look at GEPrep's posts directed at Dean and get back to me.

Last edited:
jdhitters:

I agree about a number of public school posters who are not engaged in tearing down Catholic schools. There are, however, a number of posters, public school supporters, who do consistently engage in attacking Catholic schools.

This element is not germane to my original post: Go back and look at GEPrep's posts directed at Dean and get back to me.
I'm done with this. Take it up with preps. We got a lot of football to watch

Take it up with preps. We got a lot of football

jdhitters:

I'm trying to take it up with him. He hasn't responded.

Regardless of this thread, I have no problem with you.

Similarly, I don't think you will doubt the authenticity of my words when I tell you I would like GW to do well today.

jdhitters:

I'm trying to take it up with him. He hasn't responded.

Regardless of this thread, I have no problem with you.

Similarly, I don't think you will doubt the authenticity of my words when I tell you I would like GW to do well today.
It's all good with us. I generally enjoy your musings, but just had to stick up for my boys. I did and am over it. We will graciously host MC at Duchon next week,and hope the weather is better. I watched LA a few time this year on video, and they are very good. I think you have the edge on HF and doubt LA will be seriously challenged in 8A. Good luck the rest of the year and I hope to stay out of your crosshairs.

Reactions: JCHILLTOPPERS
Take a look a Dean's tweets at GEPreps.

GEPreps:

Posturing yourself as a victim? This is an even clumsier effort. It took you four days to Google up Dean's tweets? At least you did not concoct another brazen lie such as being in Europe as you did several years ago. This canard will go down in the annals of edgy lore. You will never live this one down.

You are not an enterprising soul; you are a troll, a scrounger and a glutton. One can only imagine your use of Facebook.

Despite the fact you dedicated an entire thread to your "industrious research," the countless hours burrowing through the Internet to provide classifications implying you are imparting great knowledge in abundance to the benefit of mankind, you cannot avoid the universal truth your posts were paranoid missives manifesting your concern about playing MC in 7A or LA should GW land in 8A. This is precisely why you declined to overtly participate on this forum this season.

You carefully avoided posting to prevent Dean from having any ammunition to use against you should this Saturday's game become reality.

As the brackets were announced and you grew more confident after LA's convincing win over MC, you could no longer control the irresistible temptation to take your dig at Dean. When a GW-MC game appeared realistic, you decided to fire the first round. I called you on it and blew your third-grade stratagem right out of the water, forcing you to the surface today.

For the record, I do believe GW will beat MC on Saturday.

When and if this does occur, I can see you sprinting from your seat at Duchon, presumably knocking over the elderly and infirm, exiting the field, racing to your car in order to get to the nearest computer to deliver a particularly vain and jocular post.

An aside: Although a bad attempt at humor, referring to me as "MW93," was not as cheeky as you think. Unlike GD93, I am a real graduate of the University of Notre Dame. Unlike GD93, who likely has ND stickers adorning his car, a drawer full of ND clothing, a closet filled with ND hats or a horn with the ND fight song, I only have two objects which represent my being a graduate: A leather-bound degree and my ND letter jacket, which I earned this three times.

Should you visit South Bend, my name is splattered all over a wall, along with the few others who were good enough to gain admission and compete in their athletic programs.

Dare I ask where you attended college? No pressure................

Last edited:
MW,

Were you one of the four horsemen at ND? Impressive. What a career.

As for where I attended college, it's much more prestigious than Notre Dame. ND students can only dream of being admitted to this institution.

Reactions: MWittman
I you really must know it was Coastal Carolina.

GEPreps:

You mean "If" I really must know.

Dean was an athlete at CC.

Since you refuse to reveal you alma mater, if you actually did graduate from a four-year university, would you be willing to admit if you were involved with an athletic program?

Dean was an athlete at CC

"CC", so which community college?
I also noticed you specifically did not use the term scholar-athlete. Is that telling?

Coastal Carolina does have its tied for #63 USNWR ranking for regional southern universities.

---

I attended a highly selective program at a B1G university. Some HS classmates that were rejected from this program ended up at ND. Also, I will not be driving home after the game at Duchon, but will instead will enjoy a leisurely walk to my long time home around the lake.

---

I finally have to say though, I am still trying to understand the point of your questions in this thread. Are you looking to denigrate alums of a certain college? Do you think I should feel diminished in comparison to you or to Dean?

Considering how highly you do feel about yourself, its been frankly disappointing that this entire thread has only been a pitiful, ad hominem response to an actually debatable fact that the "dean" is wrong more than he guesses right and he was colossally wrong in picking GN over MC in round one. Now that's the whopper event that will go down in the annals of IL HS football history.

Considering Dean idolizes coach Frank and religiously watches the team every week, attends practices (year round), gets up dutifully on Saturday mornings to watch freshman games and then report back to the message board on how great MC will be in a few years, how could he be so wrong? What happened? That's the issue you have not addressed.

Also, I have seen the tweets for many years. I only posted them in response to your passionate pleas for others to, "Go back and look at GEPrep's posts directed at Dean and get back to me"

Actually, it was more like, " B..B..B..B u..u ..uu ..tt..ttt... LOOOK!!! GO BACK AND LOOK!!!! See what's being said about my little Dean!!!!!"

Nobody responded, so what was your point??

Lenti is the symbol of MC football.That's why I posted the image. It was MC football crying out to Dean for an explanation of why the program's biggest homer abandoned his team and picked them to lose to GN.

Reactions: MWittman
"CC", so which community college?
I also noticed you specifically did not use the term scholar-athlete. Is that telling?

No.

I attended a highly selective program at a B1G university. Some HS classmates that were rejected from this program ended up at ND. Also, I will not be driving home after the game at Duchon, but will instead will enjoy a leisurely walk to my long time home around the lake.

Perhaps I am classmates with a few of them.

I finally have to say though, I am still trying to understand the point of your questions in this thread.

If you can't figure out the point of my questions, I wonder how you gained admission to the highly-selective program at a B1G university.

Considering how highly you do feel about yourself, its been frankly disappointing that this entire thread has only been a pitiful, ad hominem response to an actually debatable fact that the "dean" is wrong more than he guesses right and he was colossally wrong in picking GN over MC in round one. Now that's the whopper event that will go down in the annals of IL HS football history.

If you can not figure out what Dean did with his prediction, perhaps the highly-selective program you mention you were once associated with is not as highly-selective as you broadcast.

Also, I have seen the tweets for many years. I only posted them in response to your passionate pleas for others to, "Go back and look at GEPrep's posts directed at Dean and get back to me." Nobody responded, so what was your point??

Although I do not have verification, it is likely those who defended you, or rather attacked me, did look at your posts to Dean and then waved the white flag.

B..B..B..B u..u ..uu ..tt..ttt..

Stutterer are you?

If you refuse to reveal, even subtly, your academic pedigree, I will trumpet mine: Double major at ND; I graduated cum laude; and earned a MA from highly-selective Northwestern University, where I graduated summa cum laude.

I did not graduate from ND or a highly selective Big Ten school but I stay at Holiday Inn Express regularly on my business travels...

You know I could've gone to a highly selective Big 10 school but I was even more selective than the highly selective Big 10 school choices.

"Highly selective" Big 10 school sheesh :rolleyes:

I did not graduate from ND or a highly selective Big Ten school but I stay at Holiday Inn Express regularly on my business travels...

SiuCubFan8
Now that is funny stuff. How the world did we get from high school football to who's college is better! Man you guys really have issues. Let's just see how it all plays out this weekend. Hopefully it's a good game.

Root for the Griffins guys! Lol

SiuCubFan8
Now that is funny stuff. How the world did we get from high school football to who's college is better! Man you guys really have issues. Let's just see how it all plays out this weekend. Hopefully it's a good game.

Second that. This has to be one of the most embarrassing threads for this board in a very long time. And there have been some real doozy's.

Why such angst against GW? If your issue is with Preps, keep it there. You are starting to sound more like an elegant GD93. As you well know, GW was in 8A last year and survived longer than your beloved LA, albeit both lost to a common team. Perhaps it is you that is thankful GW is in 7A. Let's see how MC does today before talking smack about how weak 7A is. GO GN!
In Wittman's defense, and I understand that this is NOT the point, but LA lost by a closer margin than GW against Stevie last year, albeit 1 point. Also, keep in mind that LA started a punt returner converted to QB making his 3rd start ever that game. GW is an amazing program with talented football players, but I'm confident that LA would have beaten GW last year and this year. Moreover, I am aware that this is mere speculation, as the 2 teams have never met.

This is the most rancorous exchange of posts in the history of this board that didn't include me.

ps: Talk about prestige, I went to DePaul at their concrete downtown campus. To get to school, I exited the subway at Jackson and cut through the men's frangrance department at Goldblatts. Still today, I cannot endure a whiff of English Leather, Canoe or Jade East without thinking of the associate dean. He had the number of the Harvey draft board on speed dial.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bowie50
In Wittman's defense, and I understand that this is NOT the point, but LA lost by a closer margin than GW against Stevie last year, albeit 1 point. Also, keep in mind that LA started a punt returner converted to QB making his 3rd start ever that game. GW is an amazing program with talented football players, but I'm confident that LA would have beaten GW last year and this year. Moreover, I am aware that this is mere speculation, as the 2 teams have never met.
You are correct, that was not his point. Moreover, Wittman and I never got into an actual argument about who would beat whom. I frankly could care less how good you think LA was or is as I suspect you could care less how good I believe GW was or is. As you correctly point out, it is speculation. As of tomorrow GW and LA will have a common opponent. Perhaps that will spark some debate, preferably in another thread. This one have really become pathetic.

SiuCubFan8

This has gone a muck, but can Preps and Wittman list GPA, class rank, and where you went to grad school, and all post graduate degrees. I think that will help the rest of us decide on the winner. If not will you two please meet at the urinal and measure yourselves?

Reactions: Robert Maszak
This has gone a muck, but can Preps and Wittman list GPA, class rank, and where you went to grad school, and all post graduate degrees. I think that will help the rest of us decide on the winner. If not will you two please meet at the urinal and measure yourselves?

Well said. Somewhat entertaining at first, but now this has really become pathetic.

Wow, I am so much less embarrassed about Jwar and my spat a few weeks ago. This thread is just sad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT