ADVERTISEMENT

GBS 14 @ St. Rita 49 Final

Sorry went to get a Mustang Meal. 35-7 half after a nice passing drive by Soph QB TD Tommy Ulatowski and ended with 32 yd pass to senior Adent

Reactions: tomloner
So both teams were 6-3. If you take Brown out of SR line up do they still win?

Last year SR was 3-6 with the same s tough schedule. A of people lot on this board said they were still a good team. Could last years team beat GBS?

Last year SR was 3-6 with the same s tough schedule. A of people lot on this board said they were still a good team. Could last years team beat GBS?
Yes I think so. Gbs had some nice throws but couldn't run and defensively struggled.

Last year SR was 3-6 with the same type of tough schedule. A of people lot on this board said they were still a good team. Could last years team beat GBS?
Yes. The #2 RB is pretty good too. KB is just off the charts. The 1st team skill players did not play the 2nd half.

Interesting second question. I think they do but not running clock.

Well if you missed the first half you missed Kaleb Brown playing. And he just turned 16 this week.
Yes,. KB has been taken out of some games early. He only played two minutes into the 2nd quarter against Marion Catholic. And we get to see 2 more years of this.

Reading a recap from the Chicago Daily Herald GBS will have almost all the starters back next year. If they build on that passing game, you could see them make some noise next year.

Yes,. KB has been taken out of some games early. He only played two minutes into the 2nd quarter against Marion Catholic. And we get to see 2 more years of this.

Reading a recap from the Chicago Daily Herald GBS will have almost all the starters back next year. If they build on that passing game, you could see them make some noise next year.

Green Division Tony Lawless Most Valuable Player: Kaleb Brown, St. Rita
Very unusual for a sophomore to win this.

Reactions: Gene K.

GBS has always kinda been an oddity since they are a much smaller school surrounded by larger ones. The draw from mainly from SE Wheaton, SW Glen Ellyn and a portion of Lombard so they really don’t have a feeder program since everything is geared more towards WWS and GBW in those areas. They had some success under Dan Starkey but playing in a new conference every 3-4 years since the 90’s hasn’t helped. The Upstate 8 is weak but playing some of the larger school may help them in the long run, I’d like them be successful but I just don’t see it.

Reactions: stl705 and Gene K.
GBS has always kinda been an oddity since they are a much smaller school surrounded by larger ones. The draw from mainly from SE Wheaton, SW Glen Ellyn and a portion of Lombard so they really don’t have a feeder program since everything is geared more towards WWS and GBW in those areas. They had some success under Dan Starkey but playing in a new conference every 3-4 years since the 90’s hasn’t helped. The Upstate 8 is weak but playing some of the larger school may help them in the long run, I’d like them be successful but I just don’t see it.
You know the area better than I do. But they have all but a handful of the kids back next year. In the long run your probably right.

You know the area better than I do. But they have all but a handful of the kids back next year. In the long run your probably right.

They get a decent team every once in a while but they have only made it past the 2nd round once although they did beat beat MC 35-0 in the first round a few years back which was probably the program high water mark.

Future is bright for the GBS. Only started 3 seniors all season. I saw a few of their games this season. They got rid of dead weight with an assistant and seems like they have invested in the youth movement. They need a moving in or 2 on the OL/DL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT