ADVERTISEMENT

GBS 14 HC 0 start of 4th

USD24

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Joliet
HC can’t get anything going on offense. Two turnovers, one leading to a GBS TD

2nd and 5 South at the Hinsdale 26 2:12 left devils out of timeouts

Anybody know what player was down? I think it was an HC player. Was stretchered off.

Congrats to GBS on the win. They came in with a ball control game plan, and executed. The 1st quarter took 16 real time minutes, with HC only getting one possession.

HC defense only gave up one big play, a result of blown coverage. But they couldn’t stop the double wing counter for less than 5 yards at a pop all afternoon.

HC Offense could never find a grove, and struggled all day. GBS did a great job limiting possessions, and finding a way to consistently regroup after a longish play. I didn’t understand throwing it before halftime, which led to the interception and score for GBS. Also didn’t understand continuing to run the ball when you knew the clock was against us.

Always hate these type of games for seniors on the losing side. Not the outcome we were hopping for. Still a great day to be a Red Devil!

It was a Hinsdale Central player. His shoulder/upper arm was the injury. Had to cut shoulder pads off and stabilize shoulder before stretchered off. He waved to everyone as he was leaving.
I heard from his dad last night - it was a dislocated shoulder that they couldn’t reduce on the field. After multiple attempts, they decided it was time to go to the hospital. Once in the ambulance, they were able to get the shoulder back in place. The player was home last night. He’s a Junior, and will be back. A really good DE.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT