ADVERTISEMENT

Freshman Team Numbers

How many from the new soph class carry over to this year? I think that is an important question as well. the retention of current players...

I would hope that retention is better. I hope the number of FR are kids that are really invested in FB and stick with it. Just looking for a silver lining with the lower numbers in recent years.

How’s everyone’s school freshman team numbers looking like? Provi not good - 22 ouch
Wow. That's almost hard to believe for a school with Provi's tradition. Is it possible that the 22 number is only preliminary? Maybe more kids will go out in August.

Reactions: King MJ and kkhawk
Wow. That's almost hard to believe for a school with Provi's tradition. Is it possible that the 22 number is only preliminary? Maybe more kids will go out in August.
Spoke with one of Freshman coaches yesterday. I hope I heard him wrong!! Or he told me the wrong number LOL

All.... It's not official but I heard for SHG it's in low 40's. And overall pretty good talent in this bunch. After a couple of lower frosh participation number years this is a pleasant surprise with all that is going on in high school sports concerning the concussion issue. Ratsy

Even if a school has smaller frosh numbers, they should still be able to compete well for a 7 v7 trophy eventually:D

Reactions: superac777
My frosh class, 92, 100 on the nose. Ran out of helmets. Njk
I'm fairly certain that most of our helmets were the suspension helmets, barely better than old leather bomber helmets.

My Dad agreed to buy me a helmet from Ken-Woody's after Mr. Parker (Mark Parker's Dad) gave us a good deal on a water helmet. Several kids in my class ended up buying their own helmets after seeing the furnished helmets.

Reactions: Gene K.
All.... It's not official but I heard for SHG it's in low 40's. And overall pretty good talent in this bunch. After a couple of lower frosh participation number years this is a pleasant surprise with all that is going on in high school sports concerning the concussion issue. Ratsy

K
I'm fairly certain that most of our helmets were the suspension helmets, barely better than old leather bomber helmets.

My Dad agreed to buy me a helmet from Ken-Woody's after Mr. Parker (Mark Parker's Dad) gave us a good deal on a water helmet. Several kids in my class ended up buying their own helmets after seeing the furnished helmets.

Ken Woody. That's a throw back...go to crows nest next?

Reactions: JolietWest89
I won’t know MC numbers until they have their first Freshman only workout in July. They had a camp last week but CPS was still in school. No BS though I’m hearing really, really good things. This is Jordan Lynch’s first recruiting class. Out of the 7 Conner Lowery Award Nominees, which goes to the top players in the Southside Catholic Conference, 5 are going to MC, including both winners. Lot of size, lot of sons and younger brothers of former MC greats like Bobby Sanders and Draco Smith. I’m guessing they’ll have around 55-65 players.....used to be between 80-100.....

According to the very-credible RockSoup, Cascia has 44 to this point. RS--you OK with this number? I guess if the players are good, it doesn't really matter at this point? I know it's been higher in the past.
Heard from one freshman coach today 47 and hopes for a couple of more. Said some of his public kids were in class till Friday this past week.

According to the very-credible RockSoup, Cascia has 44 to this point. RS--you OK with this number? I guess if the players are good, it doesn't really matter at this point? I know it's been higher in the past.
I, too, am a product of the old 100 member freshman football teams of the old Catholic league. But I like 40-50 as a number for any football team, better reps, better personal instruction, etc.
As far as program numbers at St. Rita, the very talented junior class had 45 as frosh, the to-be Sophs had that incredible number at 66 last year and this year is mid forties again.

Reactions: tomloner
I, too, am a product of the old 100 member freshman football teams of the old Catholic league. But I like 40-50 as a number for any football team, better reps, better personal instruction, etc.
As far as program numbers at St. Rita, the very talented junior class had 45 as frosh, the to-be Sophs had that incredible number at 66 last year and this year is mid forties again.

Anyone have LWE freshman numbers?

I won’t know MC numbers until they have their first Freshman only workout in July. They had a camp last week but CPS was still in school. No BS though I’m hearing really, really good things. This is Jordan Lynch’s first recruiting class. Out of the 7 Conner Lowery Award Nominees, which goes to the top players in the Southside Catholic Conference, 5 are going to MC, including both winners. Lot of size, lot of sons and younger brothers of former MC greats like Bobby Sanders and Draco Smith. I’m guessing they’ll have around 55-65 players.....used to be between 80-100.....
Anxious to see them in action. Is this the year the frosh play Fri nights before Varsity and sophs are Sat as opposed to frosh??

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT