ADVERTISEMENT

FREE: Week 11 MarqueeSportsNetwork/EDGYTIM Chicagoland Top 30

@EdgyTim Typo in your poll: The Kays will take on Eisenhower who’s coming off an impressive 42-421 2OT win over Dunlap.

Reactions: net-se
Another typo, Naz at 16 despite losing to WSF by two scores 9 days ago
I realize this ranking doesn't really mean anything. However, it's a decent example of issues that could be created with a "seeding committee" type setup for the playoffs.

We would all agree that Edgy knows more about high school football than the majority of people. But, pretend this poll is a 1-32 bracket, and imagine a scenario where the seeding committee makes 5-5 Naz a 16 seed, with a home game against the 17 seed, and 8-2 IC, that beat Naz, is a 27 seed on the road against the 6 seed.

Last edited:
Well if they lost to #30 how would you justify them being in and ahead of the team that beat them?
Because they also loss one less game overall than them, having a better record? You do have a point, I agree. It just struck me as odd.

I would have thought CG would get a sniff when their 2 losses were to PR and Huntley by 1 in the final seconds of each game. And PR is still ranked after getting knocked out in round 1. Oh well, the Trojans play on…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT