ADVERTISEMENT

Frank Lenti finds a new gig

Defend the glory!
FYI, the mighty Vikings will be VERY young this year, but with loads of talent in the pipeline. I think Coach Lenti is playing the long game...

Reactions: Hawks65
Defend the glory!
FYI, the mighty Vikings will be VERY young this year, but with loads of talent in the pipeline. I think Coach Lenti is playing the long game...
Already making excuses for a loss.

So..... Where do the scholarships from the "Frank Lenti Scholarship" go now? Asking a lot of MC Alum for money to send out to Burbank.

Reactions: superac777
DkBo6xoU4AAxVHy.jpg

Great Friday Night Lights reference. Still miss that show. I believe most wish him best and hope he does well in his role there. A great addition to St. Lawrence football.

C'mon, don't troll. We wouldn't do it to Mt. Caramel.
Great Friday Night Lights reference. Still miss that show. I believe most wish him best and hope he does well in his role there. A great addition to St. Lawrence football.

Reactions: ignazio
C'mon, don't troll. We wouldn't do it to Mt. Caramel.
Not trolling at all. I am a Coach Lenti guy wish him nothing but the best. I think it’s an awesome hire for St. Lawrence and wish them the best every game except when they play MC.

Jordan Lynch now in the Wade Aikman role....

He’s an “advisor and mentor” not Eric Taylor. Let’s see how he takes the back seat to Blackmon

This is a slap in the face to Blackmon, he has done a great job and bringing in Frank. Joke

13 - 1. Lone loss to the Beloved on 77th & Western. I wonder if SR ever thought about bringing Frank aboard?
You don’t think he tried? Kuska didn’t want to do deal with the hassle. It’s his team not Franks

This was all the President, I know several schools reached out to frank. This is a recruiting strategy for the Viking and I would bet Frank is a getting a healthy stipend. Smart move if it works

You can watch the show on Amazon at no cost for Prime members.

Reactions: caravan8
Well after Frank raids all the grade schools in the area will Reavis, Argo, Oak Lawn or Stagg even be able to field freshmen teams next year?

Reactions: ignazio
You can watch the show on Amazon at no cost for Prime members.
Loved that show. Only thing that pissed me off was there was no McCoy storyline of them leaving or mention of them really since that episode. I wanted to see Joe and JD packing a moving truck or something, or was hoping to hear he tore his knee and never played again.

Reactions: caravan8
Well after Frank raids all the grade schools in the area will Reavis, Argo, Oak Lawn or Stagg even be able to field freshmen teams next year?

Wasn't his unwillingness to recruit as needed part of his undoing at MC.....if Blackmon was not behind bringing him in that is a huge mistake as he is that program. Blackmon doesn't need a mentor at this point in his career. I thought he would be in line to replace Frank at MC. Wonder if Dave ends up there next year.

Wasn't his unwillingness to recruit as needed part of his undoing at MC.....if Blackmon was not behind bringing him in that is a huge mistake as he is that program. Blackmon doesn't need a mentor at this point in his career. I thought he would be in line to replace Frank at MC. Wonder if Dave ends up there next year.
His unwillingness to recruit and the fact that he put the program on auto pilot is what did him in. This is a no brainer for STL. They give him a title, threw him some cash and Blackmon gets to pick his brain. It’s still Blackmon team. Frank will hang around a couple years and retire when he’s 70. Highly unlikely Dave follows, he’s making good money at MC and will have 2 kids in college, he won’t leave to be an assistant. I think he will replace Hughes as President after this year. Blackmon built a strong program. He has a good staff. He doesn’t need a mentor but like I said, he can pick his brain for a couple years.

Reactions: IgorStL
Larry for short? Friends have told me STL and SR were both the cats meow in the 70's. Maybe this is that type of moment. Thou STL has been doing very well recently.

Last edited:
I don't know much aboutd MC but I will say that I now dislike MC.

Warhorses like Lenti should decide on their own when they go out to pasture.[/i]
There’s 2 sides to every story but I’ve buried about him being removed. But don’t hate MC and our 118 year tradition over the decision of one man. 99% of the school had nothing to do with it

I specificly chose the word dislike. I don’t hate them.

Had they literally taken him out back and shot him instead of figuratively, I’d hate them. There’s a difference.

I’ll root for MC against public schools unless I have a reason to like the public school in the contest.

But Firing Frank Lenti? Replacing him with one of his own, a neophyte at that?

Dude.

That’s effed up!

But I ain’t hating.

His role will probably be like that of Jim Finks, the designer and builder of the '85 Bears. An executive, not a coach.

I don't know about this. I have a couple thoughts. I am not sure why he would want to do this. He will forever be associated with MC in my mind and the minds of most others. I think he should have just walked away and left things alone. He already won the battle in the public court of opinion and everyone reaches the age when they have to go and let younger coaches take over.

But, with that said, maybe he wants to go out eventually on his terms, which didn't seem to happen at MC. Maybe he still thinks he has something left to contribute. I have never met him. Could there be just a little "revenge" going on in his mind? I really don't know. I find this very interesting, but not very surprising.

Reactions: McCaravan
I don't know about this. I have a couple thoughts. I am not sure why he would want to do this. He will forever be associated with MC in my mind and the minds of most others. I think he should have just walked away and left things alone. He already won the battle in the public court of opinion and everyone reaches the age when they have to go and let younger coaches take over.

But, with that said, maybe he wants to go out eventually on his terms, which didn't seem to happen at MC. Maybe he still thinks he has something left to contribute. I have never met him. Could there be just a little "revenge" going on in his mind? I really don't know. I find this very interesting, but not very surprising.
I hope StL wins a state championship in the next few years.

Reactions: ramblinman

Very good post. Blackmon rose this program from a door mat to a contender, they’ve made the the semi finals 2 of the last 3 years and the quarters last year. They are doing fine and he didn’t need an advisor. That being said, like I said earlier, STL threw him some cash, they get to pick his brain, he gets to go out out on his terms, which I’ve always said he should have been able too, then win/win for both. Oct 12th was going to be competitive regardless of him being on the sidelines, now the media just secured huge ticket sales and concessions night for STL, but Blackmon would have been fine on his own that game.

Reactions: LTHSALUM76
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT