ADVERTISEMENT

Former IL Player Watch Thread

Wassup13

Nov 9, 2002
I want to use this thread as a watch and update thread for former IL players who are now playing out of state.

Who are the players you are interested in following out of state?

For the QB position I'm keeping an eye on

JJ McCarthy - Florida
Robert Brazziel - Ohio from Montini
Tre Jones - Georgia from Montini

Not to sound like a jag, but I don’t think I have the energy to search the Internet to follow players that leave the state but good luck to them. I’ll wait for spring and follow our own, hopefully.

JJ McCarthy

Game #1 - Friday, September 4th 7:30 EST Kickoff. IMG @ Venice H.S.

TBD on streaming

We need a outdoor bar in LaGrange Park to stream this game for us. Of course using social distance.

Or stream it on a big screen in the Naz parking lot.

Or Frankies Deli.

Last edited:
We need a outdoor bar in LaGrange Park to stream this game for us. Of course using social distance.

Or stream it on a big screen in the Naz parking lot.

Or Frankies Deli.
Stop Frankies is a Montini establishment. I'll take Fontanos.

Reactions: Gene K.
Very interesting how Naz has had so many players leave compared to others

I would guess the kids that are going there have more of a mercenary mentality and no real ties to the school other than being there to play football. Look at MC they always get top notch talent but a lot of the kids have ties to the school beyond football so they appear to be sticking it out for the most part.

Last edited:
If a players is commuting from Oswego to LGP I assume they are very serious about football and it should have almost been expected that they would relocate to be able to play this fall.
Maybe, they obviously are serious about football, but all the way to Des Moines is quite a haul (I just drove home from there yesterday).

Maybe, they obviously are serious about football, but all the way to Des Moines is quite a haul (I just drove home from there yesterday).

Unless they are commuting from Oswego on a daily basis I don’t think it matters if it’s 2 hours, 5 hours or 10 hours. (Now read the rest with sarcasm).... obviously it won’t be an issue for any of their parents either as under Iowa rules all custodial parents must make the full fledged move and establish residency as well for the athlete to be eligible, so the parents won’t be commuting to watch games.

It's still a hardship, new school, all new people, possibly away from their immediate family, parents have jobs etc. It's a huge decision, hell I didn't make that decision and it was only an hour away and my son would be living with his grandfather.

I would guess the kids that are going there have more of a mercenary mentality and no real ties to the school other than being there to play football. Look at MC they always get top notch talent but a lot of the kids have ties to the school beyond football so they appear to be sticking it out for the most part.
Seems spot on. Will be interesting to see how Naz bounces back.

It's still a hardship, new school, all new people, possibly away from their immediate family, parents have jobs etc. It's a huge decision, hell I didn't make that decision and it was only an hour away and my son would be living with his grandfather.

In Iowa you couldn’t live with a grandparent and be eligible. And if both married parents or the custodial parent in a divorced/one parent situation didn’t move to Iowa they aren’t supposed to be eligible.

In Iowa you couldn’t live with a grandparent and be eligible. And if both married parents or the custodial parent in a divorced/one parent situation didn’t move to Iowa they aren’t supposed to be eligible.
I’d imagine with so many people working remotely this isn’t that big of an issue. Even if there are siblings involved, they’re probably doing E learning. Rent a place month to month and move back after the season.

I’d imagine with so many people working remotely this isn’t that big of an issue. Even if there are siblings involved, they’re probably doing E learning. Rent a place month to month and move back after the season.

My understanding is the standard required paperwork to prove residency in Iowa is:

1. Iowa drivers license
2. The lease agreement (don’t know of too many month to month leases out there unless it’s after fulfilling an initial longer lease)
3. A utility bill

My understanding is the standard required paperwork to prove residency in Iowa is:

1. Iowa drivers license
2. The lease agreement (don’t know of too many month to month leases out there unless it’s after fulfilling an initial longer lease)
3. A utility bill
Maybe near Drake, I'm sure some kids are looking to sublease and get out of contract, but likely not in the school district.

Reactions: eireog
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT