ADVERTISEMENT

Foreign exchange students

BBCHS77

Jan 23, 2017
Are they only eligible to play one year?? I know someone whose exchange student has gone to JCA for 4 years now, played soccer last year as a junior and was told couldn't play this year.. that sound right?

Are they only eligible to play one year?? I know someone whose exchange student has gone to JCA for 4 years now, played soccer last year as a junior and was told couldn't play this year.. that sound right?
They start high school a year earlier in other countries I believe. Junior year is their 4th year of high school typically. I've seen senior exchange students come in and be ineligible because technically they've completed hs in their home country.

remember that youth sports, especially soccer, are managed differently in other countries especially Europe.

Many youth teams are parts of professional clubs and athletes can get small benefits (eg meals, equipments). As a result, there are often some eligibility issues due to amateurism. Was a big issue a couple years ago with some a german exchange student at Bartlett.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT