ADVERTISEMENT

Final Edition - What did we learn 2017

LakeCtyNewt

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2002
Normally I refrain from this last edition thing, but couldn't help myself.

Only thing I ask is keep this positive and no hijacking......please.

1 - That its still a tremendous thrill to sit in the stands and watch your kid play. Cant wait until 2018.
2 - That though the playoffs lacked juice, the state title games with a couple exceptions didn't.
3 - That congratulations are in order for the Griffins, Bulldogs, Wolves, Wildcats, Rockets, Knights, Falcons and Panthers for being the best in their respective classes.
4 - That congratulations are also in order for the Ramblers, Bears, Roadrunners, Eagles, Redskins, Cardinals, Trojans and Warriors. Its very hard to get to where you got. No shame in finishing second.
5 - That we got a chance to be thrilled again by Fotis, AJ, Jack, Micah, Samson and so many more.
6 - That we will be thrilled again next year by the likes of AJ again, Diamond, Noah and many many more.
7 - That while some may decry Phillips' success. Its still a remarkable story.
8 - That just as remarkable is the emerging story of Raby. Considering where they practice if they can at all.
9 - That Northern Illinois has embraced the state football finals and should be considered a permanent home.
10 - That while we banter back and forth on these boards, the best is still watching the game decided by 14, 15, 16 and 17 year old kids. Lets hope that never changes.

Those are my thoughts. Just 250 plus days until we meet again.

16. That HHS is clueless about most everything and certainly everything outside of Herscher.
17. And he seems to have 9 lives when it comes to magically reappeariing after getting banned from this board.

Sex
Politics
Religion
Private vs Public
Speed
Refs
And a few other things will end Thanksgiving Dinner quickly

Newt, love these every week. Thank you

Reactions: LakeCtyNewt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT