ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite Football Movies

This was mentioned briefly above but I also really liked The Best of Times as a kid and watching it again recently it holds up over time for 80’s entertainment! Reno Hightower! “Oh Nelly, he’s wearing his white shoes” Why that amazed so many people back them I never knew...but the football game at the end was actually really well done and I loved the concept of playing a game again and surprised we haven’t seen it done here in some way....I’m sure it’s been attempted!
Loved “Dr Death” covering Robin Williams during the big game. He was paroled just in time to suit up. He basically tackled Williams after every snap.

None of you guys understand the importance of special teams. Give me Gus (the field goal kicking mule).
MV5BNjcxMzQ2NDM0NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTI4OTY4ODE@._V1_.jpg

Original Brian’s Song (just a great movie)
Knute Rockne All American
Friday Night Lights (though the tv show was better)
School Ties
Little Giants

Reactions: rocketnation
I would definitely watch a movie or show chronicling the sports history of Al Bundy. From his 4 TD's in one game to his slow pitch softball prowess.
Did you see the episode with the showdown between Al and Bubba Smith?

Set to the theme song from Chariots of Fire and with dueling pics of their mother-in-laws.

Reactions: 4Afan and eagles2k3
Jerry Maguire
Tom Cruise

Invincible
Mark Wahlberg

North Dallas Forty
Nick Nolte
My favorite line from North Dallas Forty was when Nick Nolte’s character made fun of a teammate wanting to invest in a restaurant by offering him a possible slogan “Joe Bob’s fine foods. Eat here or I’ll kill you!”

Reactions: EdgyTim and corey90
I’m surprised you haven’t thrown in Quarterback Princess. 😂
Not against girls playing boys sports or doing boys things but women shouldn't plain about guys playing girls sports or bring in girl scouts.Can't demand girls be in boys stuff then cry when the reverse happens.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT