ADVERTISEMENT

Fans at Games?

If the 20% capacity limit stays then that will be across the board. Depending on size of seating you could see some fans or maybe not.

Tom DeVore, the lawyer who beat Pritzker last week with his executive orders seems to have his sights set on IHSA now. He has filed a lawsuit against ISBE and IDPH about the school plans and now has gone off on IHSA restrictions (from a legal perspective), since everything stems from the restore IL orders that are null and void right now. Stay tuned as things could change if he wins another case.

Seems like a low priority. Let’s hope the games can be played and they can find enough refs
Yes playing games is the higher priority, but putting steps in place in case those games are played isn't counterproductive. Proper planning is why some schools were ready to move forward this week and others are not

Reading NFHS guidance, groups of people would fit into 3 Tiers: essential (athletes, coaches, officials, event/security staff, medical), preferred (media) and non-essential (spectators, vendors). "ONLY TIER 1 AND 2 PERSONNEL WILL BE ALLOWED TO ATTEND UNTIL STATE/LOCAL HEALTH DEPARTMENTS LIFT RESTRICTIONS ON MASS GATHERINGS."

Reactions: RD_Watcher
I see stupidity coming out of this...kind of like the Cubs may or may not be able to put people in Wrigley, but the rooftops are approved to be open...

Say, McNamara has fan limits, but sitting in the bowling alley parking lot is unlimited...Manteno has limits, but the houses on the north edge of the property have no limits on backyard visitors (running joke since day 1 of the keggers in a couple of backyards)...LaSalle-Peru has limits, but the guy with the house on top of the hill can have an awesome party during the game...How about the farmer with the property around Clifton Central?

Are we going to have a bunch of "x" taped around the stadiums on the ground? People with their pickups backed up to the fence as individual "skyboxes"? Places built into a hill having spots marked on the hill off the bleachers...What if the school's classroom wing overlooks the field, does each classroom qualify as a skybox? There are too many unique facilities to have a blanket rule...

Reading NFHS guidance, groups of people would fit into 3 Tiers: essential (athletes, coaches, officials, event/security staff, medical), preferred (media) and non-essential (spectators, vendors). "ONLY TIER 1 AND 2 PERSONNEL WILL BE ALLOWED TO ATTEND UNTIL STATE/LOCAL HEALTH DEPARTMENTS LIFT RESTRICTIONS ON MASS GATHERINGS."
You would think parents would be essential. I really wouldn’t want to be sitting at home watching the game on the internet and my son gets injured. Last year my son got his bell rung and took himself out of the game. I was able to go down to sidelines and talk to him and the trainer. That was reassuring and put my mind at ease.

Reactions: Gene K. and IgorStL
You would think parents would be essential. I really wouldn’t want to be sitting at home watching the game on the internet and my son gets injured. Last year my son got his bell rung and took himself out of the game. I was able to go down to sidelines and talk to him and the trainer. That was reassuring and put my mind at ease.
If anything moves forward, parents will be essential.

Reactions: lookoutforliam
I’m guessing schools will be selling the families “Family Ticket Plans” which each family member of a player can have 4 tickets to each home game and visitors get 2 guaranteed tickets then the rest is sold to the student body of the home team. Teams like JCA that play at bigger stadiums will have more students allowed. 20% of the stadium though may be tough since most high school stadiums have huge home stands and small visitors.....

If anything moves forward, parents will be essential.
Yes, you would think 1 or 2 persons listed as emergency contacts on a school permission form of a player should be essential, unrestricted attendees.

Teams like JCA that play at bigger stadiums will have more students allowed. 20% of the stadium though may be tough since most high school stadiums have huge home stands and small visitors.....
Obviously I'm biased but I've always liked JCA playing their home games at Joliet Memorial Stadium and that's where I played and the site of my memories.

But now, reading a thread like this it almost seems like an unfair advantage it works out so well. 2,000 fans for even the strictest limitation, that's probably higher than or equal to their average fan attendance with the exception of big games.

Reactions: Gene K.
Quick survey of alternative seating arrangements around the ICE...

Manteno...pavement runs from the visitors bleachers on the east side around the south end of the track and around to the home bleachers. The first couple years of football the boosters sold parking along the fence as a fundraiser. Could be done again for most of the east/south/west sides. I could see families dropping hayracks or flatbed trailers on pre-sold spaces for the season...

Herscher...seems to be plenty of space to do something similar to Manteno.

Reed-Custer...could do the same around the north end of their track...

Wilmington...its all parking lot between the field and the middle school on the home side, but the bleacher layout really wouldn't allow a bunch of parking along the old cinders...maybe trailers under the woods and in the north endzone on the track?

Coal City...parking lot around the west and north, lane between school & stadium, could be some game day parking of trailers...

Streator...I have to wonder if Streator's bleachers are large enough and the crowds small enough to be a capacity problem?

Lisle...Benedictine doesn't appear to be very conducive to this type of reconfiguration...but their old stadium at the middle school might be (but no lights)...

Peotone...at the junior high, east side maybe beyond the bleachers, maybe on the track in the end zones...west side would be difficult. Part of me wonders if they might just lay out a field at the high school in the open field to the north perhaps and just let people park all the way around?

Each player can have two tickets or spectators. . It’s what is happening this summer for baseball and lax and works fine.

much bigger issues out there.

Reactions: brucealmighy
I have nephew at SR. My sister and brother-in-law pay for a package that includes a tickets to the game and a pre-game food and beverages. It comes with reserved parking which isn’t a problem w/o MC on the schedule. They have a lot of their alumni that go to this. I can’t imagine those donors not being able to watch the game.

CDC has announced they will be coming out with new return to school guidelines documents next week. Speculation of after VP and POTUS discussions, but something to keep an eye on as the ISBE plan is based on the current one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT