ADVERTISEMENT

fallout from end of Harlem-Glenbard East game?

According to the paper, Moynihan was popular with his players. However, self-discipline starts at the top. I'm sure the coach didn't encourage the hit. I think you can blame most of it on hormonal teenagers, who had just gotten knocked out of the playoffs.

Because when you have some hillbilly landscaper as your offensive coordinator drinking beer with the kids after practice you get this mess. In the building coaching staffs are essential if you want your kids around consistent professionals who know how to operate properly around groups of kids.
Good luck finding 24 coaches inside any school building in this state. Just because a teacher is a coah doesn't mean they are "professional"

🙄

I guess you missed where 127 other teams also lost that weekend and managed to not brawl despite having a bunch of "hormonal teenagers" on the team.
You have a point. I don't know what that kid was thinking, or whether he was thinking at all. His teammates told the online paper that he was "remorseful."

I’m getting sick of fights breaking out at kneel downs I’ve seen it few times at the youth level this year where coaches are telling kids to hit the QB on the kneel down. I’m not sure what the hell is wrong with people but it’s going to lead to someone getting seriously hurt.
My experience has been this is less about the coach telling the kids to do something than failing to remind them not to.

Reactions: MMA_Det
If I was a coach I would be disappointed and upset if my team did this, however the initial hit from the linebacker on the white team was not illegal. There was no whistle. The O-line was standing straight up complacent, the QB waited about 1.5 seconds to take the knee.

Not hitting them on a kneel down is more of a courtesy and unspoken rule IMO.

Again, I don't condone the whole thing, but I think the black team was more in the wrong initially. The white team just kept it going longer.

That being said, if I was on the black team and my boys didn't back me up after a hit like that I'd be upset with them.
Incorrect, former official here, a player taking the snap at the end of the game constitutes a defenseless player and hitting him results in an Unsportsmanlike P and immediate ejection.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT