ADVERTISEMENT

Eville at East Side (Ritter 28-3 GAME over DeSmet)

The worst I have seen was a Class 1A playoff game between Lena-Winslow and Chicago Hope last season. It was a single camera, which must have been at the top of a small set of bleachers. You couldn't see either end zone. And there was a tree that blocked the view at one of the 40-yard lines.

• Haha
Reactions: crusader_of_90
Think I stumbled upon it while score watching. Le-Win was something like a three, four-time defending champion at the time and it was a close game. Le-Win won 30-28 and then lost to Camp Point Central in the 1A title game.

OH WOW - Ritter comes in shotgun after their last forced safety!!!!! Ah - hand off. Now victory formation.
thanks for the missouri football updates.

"Again it's pretty simple......this is a high school football message board for IHSA football discussion only and especially at this time of the year nearing the playoffs.....we have plenty to discuss." - edgy, directly to you, 6 hours ago. great job respecting the work edgy does here.

• Haha
Reactions: UAGoofy
Yeah and a great small school will get taken to the woodshed by a great big school just like Loyola did a few years back. Just what are you trying to say. I have grandson who played in Ohio at a small school a few years back. They were 7-2 going into the playoffs and lost in the quarterfinals. They were a good team and fun to watch but clearly not close to the level of play with the big boys. It’s a big difference and anyone try to say it isn’t is just clueless. I am not saying small schools don’t have good football and yes it is fun to watch but let’s be serious. Another poster said stay in your lane I am not sure of that if they want to test the field but be prepared to get a whooping just like Rochester did playing up against the best.
If your argument is that the best large enrollment schools are better than the smaller ones, then I will completely agree. Every once in a while you get an exception from ESL but they are in a league of their own.

I'm trying to say that the truly elite big schools like LWE or past Loyola teams routinely crush other 8A schools, so obviously they will crush any and all small schools. That includes playoff teams, as probably half of the 8A field would get clocked by the top few teams.

However... mediocre or worse large schools will still get beaten by really good small schools. It has happened before. It happens fairly regularly. I've seen 2A Wilmington go on the road and running clock a 6A team. Granted, they weren't great, but they still had like over 1000 more kids in their school enrollment. Bigger doesn't always automatically mean better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT