ADVERTISEMENT

Evanston vs Maine South

DOUBLEHARRY

Oct 16, 2008
would love to hear early thoughts on this one. Congrats to Evanston on big win last week. Is Maine south QB back? Exciting times for the kits to start off 4-0 with a big win last week.

Evanston on a roll - picking up momentum. I say no let down this week and they win a tough low scoring game. 21-19.

I think I was scoffed at a bit a while back saying that Evanston is a program on the radar to make the next step. I don't think they will beat MS, but this is obviously at absolute worst a 7-2 squad who will be a very difficult out come playoff time.

They kind of remind me of West Aurora from 2 years ago. Talent and numbers are there, had a signature type of reg season win (WA beating Huntley and E-Town beating Barrington this year) and the conferences are similar in that they aren't overly strong.

Evanston is playing with house money the rest of this season. They can use the last 3 weeks to rest up their nicked up starters and get reserves much needed playing experience for the potential playoff grind. No, I don't see them playing into late November, but no one is going to want to deal with them.

Reactions: n2f88
Cant remember the last time conference race didnt come down to NT and MS. Still cant believe they beat a good barrington team.

Cant remember the last time conference race didnt come down to NT and MS. Still cant believe they beat a good barrington team.
1999 Evanston was the last time E-Town was the cream of the CSL. MS lost homecoming game to them...Coach Hopkins of Maine South wore Evanston football t-shirts all summer in ‘99 and early season and proclaimed them the “b.b. est damn t t team I’ve seen in my life...MS lost that game and I don’t believe have lost to Evanston since ‘99. Someone correct me if I’m wrong

This will be a great game! It’s awesome to see the Kits raising the bar. For so long they have been such underachievers given the talent they have had.

Looking forward to an exciting Friday night!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT