Position: OT

High School:
Nazareth Academy

Graduation Year: 2019

Height: 6-foot-7

Weight: 290 pounds

Video Link:

My impressions of Matt Keeler:
I was able to see Matt Keeler live twice in 2017 in game action. I have also seen Keeler multiple times over the past few years at various events and showcase camps. Keeler also took part in my annual Underclassmen Showcase back in January.

Evaluation of Matt Keeler:
Keeler has legitimate size, length and has continued to progress well over the past 12 plus months both physically as well as in his overall game. Keeler as mentioned has ideal offensive tackle size and frame and also has very good length and reach. Keeler is also a player that can play with a bit of a mean streak when required and isn't shy about taking on opposing defenders. Keeler is also a smart player with good overall instincts who can also makes good reads and adjust on the fly. Keeler has also continued to improve his overall game over the past handful of years. Keeler also has an impressive work ethic and brings a lunch bucket/blue collar mentality to the field.

Questions or possible room for improvement for Matt Keeler? Keeler at times shows less than quick feet on his junior video...but Keeler this winter has no questioned improved greatly his overall feet, quickness and balance. Keeler has also shedded some weight while being able to add more strength and is in much better overall shape this spring than at any time last season. Keeler will also need to improve/be more consistent with his hands/punch while also getting to the second level of blocks on a more consistent basis. Keeler will also need to continue to "grow" and "fill out" his oversize frame while also adding more overall strength. Keeler was also a times a bit inconsistent and has the potential to be dominant on every down this coming fall.

Projected level:

Rivals.com currently has Matt Keeler as an unranked prospect.

Matt Keeler might not have a ton of early offers and such, yet I have a feeling this spring and early summer could be a boon for Keeler and his overall recruiting stock. Keeler no question has a lot to offer here including very good size/tools and a ton of upside. Keeler despite measuring in at nearly 6-foot-7, 290 pounds is still a young kid who will continue to develop and add more needed strength for the higher college level.

The offensive tackle class in Illinois is again a light one....which will be a positive for Matt Keeler as well when it comes to the demand for true OT bodies. I fully expect several MAC schools along with some lower to mid tier Big Ten schools to take a very close look again at Matt Keeler. I would not be surprised to see Keeler draw more serious higher level looks and potential offers down the line.

I'm starting Keeler off as a low 3 star ranking....and will obviously be watching him very closely this spring and early summer. Keeler also has a legit chance to raise this early ranking this spring and summer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News