Channahon Illinois
Name: Kenenna Odeluga

Position: ATH

High School: Mount Carmel

Graduation Year: 2021

Height: 6-foot-0

Weight: 200 pounds

Video Link:

My impressions of Kenenna Odeluga: I been watching and keeping tabs on Kenenna Odeluga since his sophomore season at Mount Carmel. Odeluga will be a three year varsity starter for the Caravan in 2020, a rarity at a program like MC that has a ton of numbers and depth year in and year out. Odeluga played both RB and LB over the past two seasons at Mount Carmel and was an all conference performer over the past two seasons. Odeluga is a very solid athlete and meets his listed height and weight. Odeluga is also a strong student in the class room and is also a very intelligent and well spoken young man on and off the field. Odeluga is already holding multiple MAC level scholarship offers this winter.

Evaluation of Kenenna Odeluga: Odeluga is a very impressive football player who just shows well on several different levels at multiple positions. Odeluga at running back runs hard between the tackles, is a strong kid who will generally break free from the initial tackle and shows enough burst to break into the open field. Odeluga is also a patient runner who knows how to wait for his blocks to set up, then has the overall vision and football smarts to read those blocks and make the correct read. Odeluga as a linebacker has terrific overall instincts, makes tackle after tackle and is just a technically sound linebacker. Odeluga knows how to attack the line of scrimmage, can and will drop back into coverage and is just a well schooled and very versatile player on either side of the football.

Room for improvement? Odeluga will need to continue to improve his overall speed and quickness at the college level. Odeluga has good feet and balance, but can also improve his overall footwork and add more explosiveness.

Projected level: Rivals has Kenenna Odeluga ranked as low three star recruit in the Class of 2021.

My Early Thoughts of Kenenna Odeluga?

Overall Kenenna Odeluga is pound for pound one of the best high school football players in the State of Illinois. As a recruit? Things get a bit blurry for several reasons, yet don't be mistaken here...I would still take a chance on a kid with the overall game that Kenenna Odeluga brings to the table. Position for the next level? I dunno. My guess is Odeluga will end up as a running back as long as he can improve a bit on his speed this off season. Odeluga has several early offers from the MAC and I feel that the MAC would be a great fit for Odeluga on several levels. I have Odeluga starting off as a low three star with having the potential of moving up a bit here later this spring and summer.

EDGYTIM Rankings: Low to Mid Three Star

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.