Name: Gennings Dunker

Position: OG

High School: Lena Winslow

Graduation Year: 2021

Height: 6-foot-5

Weight: 280 pounds

Video Link:

My impressions of Gennings Dunker:
I was able to see Dunker play live in the IHSA Class 1A state championship game. Dunker is a tall long and athletic player who also played both OG and DL for Class 1A power Lena Winslow. Dunker is also a multi sport athlete for Lena and a kid who's overall size and frame will allow him to continue to add good weight and strength at the Big Ten level.

Evaluation of Gennings Dunker: Dunker's game really was impressive this apst season and even more impressive is the potential growth and development still to come from him over the next handful of years. Dunker has impressive length, reach and is a very fluid athlete who moves well, has good natural bend in a stance and who also has quick feet and a good first few steps. Dunker at times was dominant upfront in a very run heavy Lena power run attack. Dunker also shows good overall leverage, gets low and stays low and also plays through the whistle on every play. Dunker also has a very good overall motor and goes q00 percent on every play. Dunker also was solid playing upfront on the Lena Winslow defensive line in 2019, showed good overall quickness and runs to the football well.

Room for improvement? Dunker will need to continue to add more weight and strength for the Big Ten level and has the frame and frame to quite easily end up at say the 290 plus pound level in college. Dunker also will need to show that he can pass pro equally as effective as he already does in his ability to run block. Dunker plays in a mainly run offense and has had limited reps in the passing game and pass protection. This was also an issue for several other linemen coming out of run only offensive systems. Also how quickly can/will Dunker need to be able to compete down in and down out at such a big jump from Class 1A football to the Big Ten....and in all fairness this is the same jump that every high school player needs to make.

Projected level: Rivals has Gennings Dunker ranked as a low three star recruit.

My early thoughts of Gennings Dunker?

I really was impressed with what I saw from Dunker this past season and his overall physical tools, length and overall speed and quickness will no question translate well at the next level. Yes...Dunker has a lot of work to do including getting better in pass protection plus being able to add more weight and good size over the next 12 plus months. This work will also include being abler to ramp up his game to a much higher level and being able to challenge himself in the off season and work at a higher level. Iowa has always seemed to find the one off under the radar name kids and they very well could have another in Gennings Dunker.

EDGYTIM Rankings: Mid to Upper Three Star

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News