Channahon Illinois
Name: Will Pauling

Position: WR/Slot

High School: Homewood Flossmoor

Graduation Year: 2021

Height: 5-foot-10

Weight: 165 pounds

Video Link:

My impressions of Will Pauling: I have been able to see Will Pauling play live a handful of times over the past few seasons. I've also seen Pauling in person at various camps and showcase events as well. Pauling had a very strong 2019 season for the Vikings and head coach Craig Buzea and was named as an all conference and all area player. Pauling saw considerable playing time in 2019 at receiver, some cornerback along with returning kicks and punts. Overall I felt that Pauling was arguably the Vikings best overall player in 2019. Pauling also plays baseball at HF and is a speedy athlete who also has been a multi-year starter for the Vikings on the football field...no easy task at one of the deepest schools talent wise in Chicagoland year in and year out.

Evaluation of Will Pauling: Pauling has a terrific mix of speed, quickness, quick twitch and athleticism long with the ability or just make people miss. Pauling shows to have a great feel for being a consistent pass catcher who uses his hands to catch the football and not his body. Pauling physically for the most part is a ready made college level player. Pauling is also a very versatile athlete who impressed me as much on special teams and also playing cornerback. Pauling is just a natural athlete who plays the game at a high level.Pauling also has breakaway downfield speed who just seems to be able to have excellent separation speed and several downfield gears who also has plenty of wiggle. Pauling can be a slippery receiver to cover/defend at all times who also has very good body control.

Room for improvement? Pauling will no question need to add a bit more weight, muscle and size for the college level. Pauling's overall size no question has been an early sticking point for Power 5 level schools so far this winter in my opinion...yet I've seen kids smaller draw those Power 5/Big Ten offers over the years so....

Projected level: Rivals has Will Pauling listed as an unranked recruit in the Class of 2021.

My Early Thoughts of Will Pauling?

Will Pauling as I mentioned above was one of the more impressive names at receiver I watched live in 2019 on several levels. Pauling is a pretty high level athlete with impressive speed and skills. Pauling has been drawing scholarship offers from various MAC level schools this winter and it's pretty easy to see the reasonings. Pauling has been a very consistent producer, a very strong player and athlete who's skill and game will no question translate well at the mid D1 level. I really like Pauling as well at cornerback and while most schools are recruiting him as a receiver...yet I wouldn't count out some Big ten level schools from taking another late spring/early summer look at him either as a receiver or corner. I have Pauling ranked early as a low to mid three star recruit with the potential to end up as say a mid three star.

EDGYTIM Rankings: Low to Mid Three Star Recruit

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News