ADVERTISEMENT

ESL Flyers Fans

corey90

Aug 27, 2005
Crown Point, IN
I was bored so I checked out the National football rankings. If I am looking at this correctly the Flyers are playing 2 out the 3 top ranked teams in the country? Their second game is at St. John Bosco in Bellflower, Ca. Then play IMG, FL the last game of the season. That’s definitely stepping up their competition. It will be interesting to see how they fair. This will be exciting to see. Hope they show well for all of Illinois. Here’s wishing them luck!
National Ranking Maxpreps
1. Mater Dei
2. IMG
3. St. John Bosco

Interesting
St. John Bosco is showing 248 players. This can’t be correct?
IMG shows 90
Mater Dei with 106

The season is getting closer and I can’t wait.

I was bored so I checked out the National football rankings. If I am looking at this correctly the Flyers are playing 2 out the 3 top ranked teams in the country? Their second game is at St. John Bosco in Bellflower, Ca. Then play IMG, FL the last game of the season. That’s definitely stepping up their competition. It will be interesting to see how they fair. This will be exciting to see. Hope they show well for all of Illinois. Here’s wishing them luck!
National Ranking Maxpreps
1. Mater Dei
2. IMG
3. St. John Bosco

Interesting
St. John Bosco is showing 248 players. This can’t be correct?
IMG shows 90
Mater Dei with 106

The season is getting closer and I can’t wait.
To add to this Desmet and CBC are expected to be the top 2 large schools in Mo. And Eville is expected to be a lot better this year. So they Flyers will have to play some good football this year.

To add to this Desmet and CBC are expected to be the top 2 large schools in Mo. And Eville is expected to be a lot better this year. So they Flyers will have to play some good football this year.

Wow
Yes indeed they will be tested this year. Hats off to them for taking on such a tough schedule. Someone once said that ESL isn’t afraid to play anyone. I am a believer. Good luck on the season.

Yea in spring football missing key players for that game talk to me in nov when ESL is playing for a championship and ofallon is @ home watching

Yea in spring football missing key players for that game talk to me in nov when ESL is playing for a championship and ofallon is @ home watching

EStL should worry about making the playoffs before they think championship. They have two games on the schedule where they are going to get run off the field and three more toss up games if they get an injury or two they may not make the playoffs.

EStL should worry about making the playoffs before they think championship. They have two games on the schedule where they are going to get run off the field and three more toss up games if they get an injury or two they may not make the playoffs.
But who cares?

You know why folks love the Diaz brothers? They will fight anyone at any weight at any time.

All gas, no brakes!

Reactions: Bowie50 and Gene K.
But who cares?

You know why folks love the Diaz brothers? They will fight anyone at any weight at any time.

All gas, no brakes!
It’s not a bad thing but ultimately everyone’s goal is a state title and you gotta qualify first.

This the mind state that has kept Illinois football in the shadows nationally

I disagree. IMHO if we schedule those tough games eventually we will learn how to bet those team. ESL we're nationally ranked for years. Ijs. Just like we had to relearn how to beat good team up north

Reactions: Bowie50
Lol. Lay off the sauce man

EVERYBODY should be concerned about playing enough games without COVID interruptions and that a playoff will even be held should things start to go south in the state.

From what I understand, Desmet and CBC were both hit pretty hard by graduation and are both rebuilding this year. They should both still have decent teams, but if they do get a top ranking in Mo, I wouldn't be surprised if doesn't last. I don't think that Eastside will have any issues at all beating them this year. As for Eville, hearing that they're supposed to be "a lot better this year" is definitely news to me. lol Edwardsville wasn't particularly great last year, but they were better than this year's team, especially with Johnson. I suspect that Eville will still make the playoffs as an 8-3 team as outside of Eastside, the rest of the conference is pretty poor, but it will likely be a first round exit for Eville. The freshman class is good though, so Evill could be pretty good in a couple of years. I think that the only concerns for Eastside are the FL and CA teams. Eastside getting another high profile transfer this year from Lutheran North should help, but those FL and CA teams tend to be on a different level. Hopefully Eastside does well. After that, should be another 6a title for the Flyers.

All.... It's difficult to predict until the 32 playoff qualifiers are announced where a bubble team will land class wise. The Flyers with an enrollment of 1133.00 will be in class 5A when the preseason classifications are announced. In 2019 the largest 5A qualifier was Fenwick at 1189.50. There enrollment has dropped to 1140.00 but so has many other schools among the eight classes.

1133.00 would be a new low and first should ESL end up in class 6A postseason play. We will see. Ratsy

From what I understand, Desmet and CBC were both hit pretty hard by graduation and are both rebuilding this year. They should both still have decent teams, but if they do get a top ranking in Mo, I wouldn't be surprised if doesn't last. I don't think that Eastside will have any issues at all beating them this year. As for Eville, hearing that they're supposed to be "a lot better this year" is definitely news to me. lol Edwardsville wasn't particularly great last year, but they were better than this year's team, especially with Johnson. I suspect that Eville will still make the playoffs as an 8-3 team as outside of Eastside, the rest of the conference is pretty poor, but it will likely be a first round exit for Eville. The freshman class is good though, so Evill could be pretty good in a couple of years. I think that the only concerns for Eastside are the FL and CA teams. Eastside getting another high profile transfer this year from Lutheran North should help, but those FL and CA teams tend to be on a different level. Hopefully Eastside does well. After that, should be another 6a title for the Flyers.

CBC isn't rebuilding as their best players were underclassmen Plus they return I believe 4 Olinemen. Desmet has to rebuild their Oline so that will be a challenge.

CBC isn't rebuilding as their best players were underclassmen Plus they return I believe 4 Olinemen. Desmet has to rebuild their Oline so that will be a challenge.
CBC has the QB back, but have to replace their top running back and three wide receivers. That's a big hit to their offense, but it IS CBC and so I suspect that they've got some solid players ready to step up. I'd still argue that it's a rebuilding year for them. Desmet has their QB's back as well as their safety, but lost several key players (D1).

ESL guys, any word on what Cardinal Ritter is going to look like this year?

I cannot say for sure, but looking at the first 17 players in the STL Post’s top 30 seniors, none on the list are from Ritter.

CBC has the QB back, but have to replace their top running back and three wide receivers. That's a big hit to their offense, but it IS CBC and so I suspect that they've got some solid players ready to step up. I'd still argue that it's a rebuilding year for them. Desmet has their QB's back as well as their safety, but lost several key players (D1).
Whenever you have returning starters on the both lines, you are winning.

They are not the Ritter that came up and played Naz. Right now they have a lot of work to do. It will take a few games before they can find their identity.

Reactions: USD24

100%. For ESL, I counted 6 rated recruits in the 2022/23 classes. For St. John Bosco I counted 20 rated recruits and IMG has 20+ as well. That's 2 losses for sure. The other games vs. MO teams are more evenly matched in terms of recruits. They could be the best 5-4 playoff team in history! (if they can win that many)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT