ADVERTISEMENT

ESCC Week 8 Predictions

ESCC fan

Nov 15, 2003
Should be a much easier week this week with many 5-0's...

St. Patrick - 35 St. Viator - 7....Shamrocks get back on track against the Lions. Lions have only 65 points total on the season. That is...not good.

Marist - 42 MCC - 14...'Canes came up short in a must-win last week. Marist continues to roll and knocks MCC out of playoff contention.

Benet - 40 Marian - 10

ND - 30 Carmel - 23...This game worries me. ND coming off an emotional rivalry win--may be drained. Carmel coming off a huge win over MCC now sitting at 3-4 with the playoffs still a possibility. I think this one is close.

Naz - 50 JCA - 21...Roadrunners get back on track. JCA drops to 4-4 and faces a must-win game vs ND to close the season.

STANDINGS

Last week was the first week with no 5-0 participants (thanks, Carmel!). There was a solid split between Naz and Marist backers leading to a mix of 3-2 and 4-1 records...and some leaderboard movement:

1. Voodoo Tatum (last week: 4-1, overall: 29-6 (83%))
2. pjjp (last week: 3-2, overall: 37-8 (82%))
2. DigitalCy (last week: 3-2, overall: 37-8 (82%))
3. stonedlizard (last week: 3-2, overall: 36-9 (80%))
3. DCH88 (last week: 4-1, overall: 36-9 (80%))
4. PowerI66 (last week: 4-1, overall: 35-10 (78%))
5. Southland Fan 2016 (last week: 4-1, overall 34-11 (76%)
6. NWSideIrish (last week: 3-2, overall: 26-9 (74%))
7.lkhammer57 (last week: 3-2, overall: 33-12 (73%))
8. ESCC Fan (last week: 3-2, overall: 31-14 (69%)
9. JolietWest89 (last week: 3-2, overall: 27-18 (60%))

St. Pats over Viator

Marist over MCC- Not going to be a fun one to watch for the canes. Playoff contention gone and first time missing the playoffs since '08 when they lost stud starting QB Jon Budmayr (Wisconsin) in the first game against North Chicago. Jon is actually the current QBs coach at Wisconsin. I want to say I remember there was a lot of buzz about the Canes going into that season for them to be back in the title game, but unfortunately it didn't work out. @MR. "T" would remember better than I would

Benet over Marian

ND over Carmel- I know Carmel is fighting for their lives right now, but I see ND taking care of business by two TDs

Naz over JCA- hopefully JCA comes out healthy giving them a shot at the playoffs in a game at ND. Just saw the JCA freshman team play this weekend against LA, and I am very excited to see the future of that program. They lost 29-0 to a very good LA freshman team that will probably win the Blue on the freshman level (whatever that gets ya), but still looked very good at all spots and they have a stud who is playing with the sophs now. Would be very surprised if JCA isn't in at least one 5a title game when these kids are juniors and seniors.

Last edited:
St. Pats over Viator

Marist over MCC- Not going to be a fun one to watch for the canes. Playoff contention gone and first time missing the playoffs since '08 when they lost stud starting QB Jon Budmayr (Wisconsin) in the first game against North Chicago. Jon is actually the current QBs coach at Wisconsin. I want to say I remember there was a lot of buzz about the Canes going into that season for them to be back in the title game, but unfortunately it didn't work out. @MR. "T" would remember better than I would

Benet over Marian

ND over Carmel- I know Carmel is fighting for their lives right now, but I see ND taking care of business by two TDs

Naz over JCA- hopefully JCA comes out healthy giving them a shot at the playoffs in a game at ND. Just saw the JCA freshman team play this weekend against LA, and I am very excited to see the future of that program. They lost 29-0 to a very good LA freshman team that will probably win the Blue on the freshman level (whatever that gets ya), but still looked very good at all spots and they have a stud who is playing with the sophs now. Would be very surprised if JCA isn't in at least one 5a title game when these kids are juniors and seniors.
Don’t be surprised if they don’t make it. This class this year was promising too 3 years ago. Nazerath by a bunch.

Voodoo back in 1st place? Oh, the shame of it all. :cool:

Pat's over Viator....the Shamrock's are on the way back. The new coach is doing a nice job. Welcome to the playoffs.

Marist over MCC....the new conference can't come soon enough for the Hurricanes. Would they be a 5A qualifier with a schedule more in line with their enrollment?

Benet over Marian of the Heights....I'm guessing both Marians are looking forward to the new conference.

ND over Carmel....the new Corsair coach has done some nice things. They can score. They struggle on defense. ND is just too strong. Will be interesting to see ND's path in the 6A playoffs. 6A North is setting up to be a bear with C-G, Richards, Phillips, PR etc. etc.

Naz over JCA....the Roadrunners have too much speed on both sides of the ball.

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
Don’t be surprised if they don’t make it. This class this year was promising too 3 years ago. Nazerath by a bunch.
Don't go so dark on your Hilltoppers. One of the keys moving forward is to string some good classes together. Your current Sr. group did not get much help from the Jr. class (all 13 of them....11 after 2 season-ending injuries).

Don't go so dark on your Hilltoppers. One of the keys moving forward is to string some good classes together. Your current Sr. group did not get much help from the Jr. class (all 13 of them....11 after 2 season-ending injuries).
Sorry pjjp, this team didn’t need juniors. Has enough talent too have 5 wins by now. That’s my opinion. The talent not utilized in the most effective way. Waste of a season. Feel sorry for the kids if they don’t make it. Not their fault.

Sorry pjjp, this team didn’t need juniors. Has enough talent too have 5 wins by now. That’s my opinion. The talent not utilized in the most effective way. Waste of a season. Feel sorry for the kids if they don’t make it. Not their fault.

You have to have two good classes or at least complementary classes to each other’s strengths and weaknesses to have a good Varsity team. It is so so tough to have one class trying to pull all the weight.

So if last year’s juniors had a stinker of a senior class ahead of them- then tough sledding. When they became seniors this year - they need a good junior class to complement them and fill in need areas. If it’s barren above and below - most of the time that spells trouble (unless you have a super class).

YESSsssssss! I’m back!! Back on top! (Voodoo doing a little dance in his office).

Quick picks due to that pesky thing called work.

ST Pats
Marist
Benet
ND
Naz.

Heard they had a big bump in enrollment with all the across the board scholarships. Freshman team was the second largest team in numbers I have seen other then Marist this year. Keep that up for a couple of more years and when the 2022 class they risk bumping up to 6A

St. Patrick over St. Viator: as an alum of a local catholic high school that had battles with Pat's and ND, I went to the big game last week. Pat's wasn't going to beat ND, but they are better than I expected. Shamrocks get playoff eligible with the win over the Lions

Marist over MCC: What a terrible loss for the Canes last week. Marist will break their will within the first 3 minutes. Running clock

Benet over Marian: Running Clock here

ND over Carmel: I don't believe this will be close. Carmel may come out feisty, but ND will wear the Corsairs out.

Naz over JCA: I called for JCA to finish 4-5 on this forum after they got fed their shoes by ICCP. Guess what? They will. Naz will not make the Hill believe in this game as they do not want to be 7-2. 35 point smackdown coming here

Reactions: mylittlearcher
Heard they had a big bump in enrollment with all the across the board scholarships. Freshman team was the second largest team in numbers I have seen other then Marist this year. Keep that up for a couple of more years and when the 2022 class they risk bumping up to 6A
If you are talking about JCA, I'm sure they would welcome the continued increase in enrollment and the subsequent bump to 6A.

If you are talking about JCA, I'm sure they would welcome the continued increase in enrollment and the subsequent bump to 6A.

Sorry I was, missed the quote. Just keep seeing talk of this mythical run in 5A if they could make the playoffs, seems like a run in 6A would be more difficult with the teams currently in 6A (assuming those schools stay the same size and quality the next few years). I hope the keep the enrollment going. JCA is an integral part of that community.

Reactions: pjjp
St. Pats over Viator

Benet over Marian

You are correct Hammer.

St. Patrick over St. Viator: as an alum of a local catholic high school that had battles with Pat's and ND, I went to the big game last week. Pat's wasn't going to beat ND, but they are better than I expected. Shamrocks get playoff eligible with the win over the Lions

Marist over MCC: What a terrible loss for the Canes last week. Marist will break their will within the first 3 minutes. Running clock

Benet over Marian: Running Clock here

ND over Carmel: I don't believe this will be close. Carmel may come out feisty, but ND will wear the Corsairs out.

Naz over JCA: I called for JCA to finish 4-5 on this forum after they got fed their shoes by ICCP. Guess what? They will. Naz will not make the Hill believe in this game as they do not want to be 7-2. 35 point smackdown coming here
Digital cy, your so proud of your 4-5 prediction of JCA. You only came up with that after two games into the season. Didn’t have to be a genus to get to a prediction of 4-5 record with benet being the swing game. I would of been impressed with your 4-5 prediction if you would of said that before the season started. As I looked back, you picked st Rita to win week one so your prediction of 4-5 would of been 3-6 according to your picks. I had them before the season started, I picked JCA over Rita, 4-5 or 5-4 with benet being the swing game. Although I did make a mistake and say JCA had a chance to beat IC. But I still counted that a loss in preseason predictions. I only predict teams i know and that’s JCA.

Digital cy, your so proud of your 4-5 prediction of JCA. You only came up with that after two games into the season. Didn’t have to be a genus to get to a prediction of 4-5 record with benet being the swing game. I would of been impressed with your 4-5 prediction if you would of said that before the season started. As I looked back, you picked st Rita to win week one so your prediction of 4-5 would of been 3-6 according to your picks. I had them before the season started, I picked JCA over Rita, 4-5 or 5-4 with benet being the swing game. Although I did make a mistake and say JCA had a chance to beat IC. But I still counted that a loss in preseason predictions. I only predict teams i know and that’s JCA.

I hope I am wrong and JCA goes 5-4 and beats ND next week. Just relax man. This is not supposed to be overly serious...especially when it involves picking games that teenagers are playing.

Just relax man. This is not supposed to be overly serious...especially when it involves picking games that teenagers are playing.

What?!?:)

Slow your roll Cy!!:p

I will have you know I am working on my winners speech (post) should I be victorious and champion of the ESCC and/Or Hoisting the Clown Cup in the Dukane! Should I lose, then I just flush my speeches and get ready for the playoff bracketing!

Where is what I have so far:

I would like to thank all my worthy competitors and thank them for making me work hard during the week to compete. I’d like to thank all the teams I picked from the players, coaches, fans for winning for me. I want to thank my family, my friends, for supporting me. Also I know I missed people,... so well I will do the standard catch all....would like to thank all the little people out there that had a minor contribution to my massive game picking success.... well the Acadamy has limited my time at the podium - thanks to the Big Man upstairs for blessing me with so much football knowledge!... got to roll!!

Last edited:
Voodoo: You are one slick dude and magnanimous too! Wonderful acceptance speech for the Clown cup but 2 more weeks to go. Are you nervous about the next games or confident that your prognosticator skills will reap the glorious Clown cup. BTW is the Clown cup made of gold or silver?

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
Voodoo: You are one slick dude and magnanimous too! Wonderful acceptance speech for the Clown cup but 2 more weeks to go. Are you nervous about the next games or confident that your prognosticator skills will reap the glorious Clown cup. BTW is the Clown cup made of gold or silver?

I’m confident - like a team hitting on all cylinders! Have to hope the weather holds as I am a passing team looking for the big plays (like my Marist/Naz call;)). The Clown Cup should be Platinum and white Gold with embedded rubies for the nose on the cup!

Reactions: Gene K.
St Pats 21-7 over Viator
Marist with the running clock over MCC
Benet with the running clock over Marian Catholic
ND 28-3 over Carmel
Naz with the running clock over Joliet Catholic

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT