ADVERTISEMENT

Edwardsville Officiating

What will be the total differential in penalty yardage for the LA-Edwardsville game?

• LA +50 yards

• LA +50-100 yards

• LA +100-150 yards

• LA +150-200 yards

• LA +200 yards

Results are only viewable after voting.

ignazio

Oct 25, 2007
school-pic.jpg

Reactions: Gene K. and Bowie50
Lol yeah those Chicago ref crews that come down are really rough on Chicago teams.

Kinda like how ESL holds on just about every play just daring the refs to call it and when they finally do call a couple ESL cries that the refs are cheating.

i did an Edwardsville playoff game up this way and early first quarter we had a foul for holding(first flag of the game)that the whole world could see. Sure enough the away stands are moaning and yelling about how they were getting hosed. Few more fouls for similar holds that had material effects of the play and now the kids on the field are responding in similar fashion(complaining and thinking we are against them)but cleaned up their technique and there wasn’t a foul for it late in the game when it would have truely been costly. They were the better team and ended up winning if I remember right.
Point is if you go in thinking that it’s gonna happen, no matter what happens it’s going to be a reality for you. Try to take an objective look at the game and stop the premature accusations and crying. If Loyola usually has a lot of penalty yards, or Edwardsville causes people to commit a lot of fouls then you will likely see a disparity, that’s football, not unethical officiating.
Different crews call things differently, that’s part of the game but if you think any crew anywhere, especially one of the best 16, is trying to call things one sided then you are wrong. We don’t care who wins, believe it or not. I’ll admit I’m not upset when the cry babies don’t end up on top though, but never effects how I see the game

i did an Edwardsville playoff game up this way and early first quarter we had a foul for holding(first flag of the game)that the whole world could see. Sure enough the away stands are moaning and yelling about how they were getting hosed. Few more fouls for similar holds that had material effects of the play and now the kids on the field are responding in similar fashion(complaining and thinking we are against them)but cleaned up their technique and there wasn’t a foul for it late in the game when it would have truely been costly. They were the better team and ended up winning if I remember right.
Point is if you go in thinking that it’s gonna happen, no matter what happens it’s going to be a reality for you. Try to take an objective look at the game and stop the premature accusations and crying. If Loyola usually has a lot of penalty yards, or Edwardsville causes people to commit a lot of fouls then you will likely see a disparity, that’s football, not unethical officiating.
Different crews call things differently, that’s part of the game but if you think any crew anywhere, especially one of the best 16, is trying to call things one sided then you are wrong. We don’t care who wins, believe it or not. I’ll admit I’m not upset when the cry babies don’t end up on top though, but never effects how I see the game

Very well put.

That's the rub, LA is NOT known to commit a lot of penalties. Very well coached and very disciplined.

Pretty impressive for Edwardsville to win at Huntley and Palatine without their corrupt hometown refs!

Seems like Naperville North, GBW, and WV didn’t have too much trouble getting screwed by the refs in EDW in recent years.

Maybe it’s just some sore losers on here making excuses.

Get up big and get up early. Suspend everything you ever learned about football and hang on for the ride!

I think the same can be said when visitors head to Loyola Mt Carmel and Rita as well.

I would tell the Loyola faithful to simply play your game. If they do that I’m thinking the Ramblers will be fine. Conspiracy be damned

When Edwardsville played at Palatine here is the penalty yards:

Edwardsville: 2-30
Palatine: 7-72

In the game at Huntley

Edwardsville: 5-50
Huntley 3-40

So what is your conclusion based on that? I know Palatine shot themselves in the foot numerous times in the previous game against South Elgin too.

So what is your conclusion based on that? I know Palatine shot themselves in the foot numerous times in the previous game against South Elgin too.

And yet Palatine still managed to beat South Elgin convincingly.

I didn't have any conclusions on the penalty yards. I was at the Palatine-Edwardsville game. Crew was OK, not great. Very slow to ready the ball for play after it was spotted in my opinion.

I also wasn't crazy about the call on the blocked field goal. I saw something different than the official who made the call did. He was behind the play and I was on the side of it. Frankly, never saw a call made like that before. Pivotal play too. Gave Edwardsville the ball back and they then went on to score a TD.

Reactions: Bonesbahena
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT