NNFan 18 - 7 (.72)
BigJohn 13 - 6 (.68)
***ClownBaby 20 - 10 (.66)
Falcon86 20 - 10 (.66)
USD 6 - 4 (.60)
VooDoo 16 - 12 (.57)
StonedLizard 14 - 11 (.56)
GodFather 7 - 8 (.46)

***ClownBaby is currently on probation. Not for making Pro & College picks on our DVC thread, but by missing an over/under by 35 points! People look at our thread to get expert analysis. Well, except for VooDoo's picks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
WWS 23-20
LWC 28-27
LP 17-16
NV 27-14
NC 41-36

I missed the over but hit big with the Packers/ Bears so I will gladly take probation.

I believe the Russians have hacked into the results, as SWSurbs' pick of a NC win was counted as correct. Sorry to "out" SWS, but I seriously want a top three finish in the DVC prediction championship. I can almost smell the bronze. :mad:

Last edited:
I believe the Russians have hacked into the results, as SWSurbs' pick of a NC win was counted as correct. Sorry to "out" SWS, but I seriously want a top three finish in the DVC prediction championship. I can almost smell the bronze. :mad:

If you are going to talk top three shouldn't there be a minimum games picked to qualify? It's a hell of a lot easier to pick games in week 7 as opposed to week 1.

Reactions: RockSoup and NNFAN
Thanks for the correction. I am sure it is not the only one I have made throughout the season.

Reactions: NNFAN
If you are going to talk top three shouldn't there be a minimum games picked to qualify? It's a hell of a lot easier to pick games in week 7 as opposed to week 1.
ABSOLUTELY!!!! People that did not participate the first few weeks should be disqualified. I proclaim myself in 2nd place. :D

A week or two ago someone posted the non con opponents for the DVC next year. I can’t find that post anywhere, can the author share that info again or direct me to it? Really wanted to look at those matchups.

Metea @ Wheaton W. South
Lincoln Way Central @ Waubonsie Valley
Glenbard North @ Lake Park
Neuqua Valley @ Wheaton North
Naperville North vs. Naperville Central @ North Central

Last Week
ClownBaby 5 - 0
FalconPadre 5 - 0
NNFan 5 - 0
SWSuburbs 4 - 1
BigJohn 4 - 1
Brunno 4 - 1
CrossBones 4 - 1
Falcon86 3 - 2
VooDoo 3 - 2
StonedLizard 2 - 3

Season
CrossBones 13 - 2 (.86)
SWSuburbs 12 - 3(.80)
Bruno 4 - 1 (.80)
FalconPadre 23 - 7 (.76)
NNFan 18 - 7 (.72)
BigJohn 13 - 6 (.68)
***ClownBaby 20 - 10 (.66)
Falcon86 20 - 10 (.66)
USD 6 - 4 (.60)
VooDoo 16 - 12 (.57)
StonedLizard 14 - 11 (.56)
GodFather 7 - 8 (.46)

***ClownBaby is currently on probation. Not for making Pro & College picks on our DVC thread, but by missing an over/under by 35 points! People look at our thread to get expert analysis. Well, except for VooDoo's picks.

I was so much better last year! Sophomore slump that will end this week with a 5-0 run in game picking!

Reactions: stonedlizard
I don't know about any of you, but I think my 80% pick rate for the SEASON is quite impressive.*

WWS
LWC
GN
NV
NC

*Actually, I don't care if I "qualify" for any year-to-date standings. I know I'm late to the game here, but I still find it fun to list my picks in the conference I follow most.

My take...

Metea @ Wheaton W. South
Neuqua Valley
@ Wheaton North

Week 7 - with some Voodoo magic!

MV at WWS: Someone is going home with a win, and that will be WWS! WWS too much for MV. WWS takes out all their frustrations on MV on Friday and get 1 Def score, 1 Special teams score, and 5 on offense. MV gets two field goals and a late garbage time TD. WWS 49 - MV 13

LWC at WV: Which WV team shows up? Let's make sure the freeways are clogged for a long long bus ride Friday afternoon. Everyone jump in your cars and lets get some trucks out there to breakdown for good measure. I'm going with this game as my Feeto upset pick of the week. WV 31-LWC 28

GBN at LP: I have really been getting burned picking LP this season. I know they have had some guys out - not sure if most are back or are still out. I'm assuming most are back for this key game (even if they have to hobble out there..). LP is more balanced of an offense - Their defense can focus mostly on the run for this game - GBN is more one dimensional on Offense - but has a great D. Normally I go with the better D - but LP at home and more balanced and can focus on just the run - Im going LP 17 - GBN 14

NV at WN: Another "pickem" in my mind. NV more balanced on offense and have a kicker that can hit from beyond the 50. WN ground and pound and don't turn the ball over and also have a very solid D. Since WN is at home - Im going to go with WN 21 - NV 18 with a record 6 field goals.

NN at NC: Rivalry games are always tough to pick - times you can toss the records out the window. NN seems to be fading a bit on offense - but not NC - so I will go NC 31 - NN 21

NV at WN: Another "pickem" in my mind. NV more balanced on offense and have a kicker that can hit from beyond the 50. WN ground and pound and don't turn the ball over and also have a very solid D. Since WN is at home - Im going to go with WN 21 - NV 18 with a record 6 field goals.
Thanks, Voodoo! We'll take your curse and run with it! :cool:
This should be a great game. Hopefully the field isn't a massive slip and slide given all of the rain prospects.

Thanks, Voodoo! We'll take your curse and run with it! :cool:
This should be a great game. Hopefully the field isn't a massive slip and slide given all of the rain prospects.

Lol. Another reason I picked WN - but NV can run it as well - but passIng in the if it's raining - might negate NV superior passing ability (but it's on turf so field should be ok?) I don't know - just throwing darts at pickem games like everyone else in the thread ;)

Reactions: NapervilleBuck
A week or two ago someone posted the non con opponents for the DVC next year. I can’t find that post anywhere, can the author share that info again or direct me to it? Really wanted to look at those matchups.

I was not the author - but I will post what I know and what I found on 8to18 for the 5 remaining "DVC" teams on their non conference games for 2018.

Waubonsie:
* WK1 - OPRF
* WK2 - TBD
* WK7 - At Edwardsville
*WK7 - Prarie Ridge
*5th open spot - Playing Neuqua twice?

Naperville Central:
* WK1 - Hinsdale Central
* WK2 - LWE
* WK3 - TBA
* WK4 - TBA
* WK9- Cary Grove

Metea:
* I have heard they are playing a lot of the Dukane teams (WWS, LP etc.) and then also DeKalb. Interesting that they are all ok scheduling Metea! I thought the reason for the move was to play more schools closer to their size of 2000-2200 kids (well except for LP at 2700 kids). Metea is much bigger than Waubonsie and bursting at the seams from what I hear (almost 2900 kids!). Seems to be a selective issue with school size LOL! sorry had to get one jab in!

Neuqua:
* WK 1 - Stevenson
* I have not heard anything about the other games they have lined up (or are lining up).

Naperville North:
* I have not heard anything about their schedule. Maybe NN Fan has some insight on that front.

I was not the author - but I will post what I know and what I found on 8to18 for the 5 remaining "DVC" teams on their non conference games for 2018.

Waubonsie:
* WK1 - OPRF
* WK2 - TBD
* WK7 - At Edwardsville
*WK7 - Prarie Ridge

Naperville Central:
* WK1 - Hinsdale Central
* WK2 - LWE
* WK3 - TBA
* WK4 - TBA
* WK9- Cary Grove

Metea:
* I have heard they are playing a lot of the Dukane teams (WWS, LP etc.) and then also DeKalb. Interesting that they are all ok scheduling Metea! I thought the reason for the move was to play more schools closer to their size of 2000-2200 kids (well except for LP at 2700 kids). Metea is much bigger than Waubonsie and bursting at the seams from what I hear (almost 2900 kids!). Seems to be a selective issue with school size LOL! sorry had to get one jab in!

Neuqua:
* WK 1 - Stevenson
* I have not heard anything about the other games they have lined up (or are lining up).

Naperville North:
* I have not heard anything about their schedule. Maybe NN Fan has some insight on that front.
Waubonsie going split squad against Edwardsville/Prairie Ridge is a bold move. All kidding aside I thought this person claimed everyone was full, do you know if Waubonsie got a week 2? Or if North got a week 1?

Waubonsie going split squad against Edwardsville/Prairie Ridge is a bold move. All kidding aside I thought this person claimed everyone was full, do you know if Waubonsie got a week 2? Or if North got a week 1?

Lol. Sorry I meant week 4 for Edwardsville and week 7 for PR.

No I have no idea about week 2 or any of NN's non con lineup.

Lol. Sorry I meant week 4 for Edwardsville and week 7 for PR.

No I have no idea about week 2 or any of NN's non con lineup.
No problem, thanks for the insight some powerhouse matchups! Not that they aren’t already but those leftover DVC programs will be battle tested.

No problem, thanks for the insight some powerhouse matchups! Not that they aren’t already but those leftover DVC programs will be battle tested.

I don't think they can get anyone else to play them except high powered programs or a program in a mid tier conference that wants to gear up for playoffs. (all except Metea - seems like their dance card is perpetually full of suitors).

I don't think they can get anyone else to play them except high powered programs or a program in a mid tier conference that wants to gear up for playoffs. (all except Metea - seems like their dance card is perpetually full of suitors).
It’s a broken system right now, play an 8 game schedule and start the playoffs a week earlier with everyone making it and a lot of these problems are instantly alleviated.

I'd like to see Neuqua play The Brook, the Oswego schools, or Plainfield North. It won't happen after they refused to join the DVC but the matchups make sense and would draw quite the crowds.

Metea @Wheaton W. South - WWS

Lincoln Way Central @ Waubonsie Valley - WV

Glenbard North @ Lake Park - GN

Neuqua Valley @ Wheaton North - WN

Naperville North vs. Naperville Central @ North Central - NC

Last edited:
There's always out of state teams. I'm sure Indiana has a lot of would be cannon fodder available.

I believe NN is playing Simeon and Huntley and I forgot the 3rd team for 2018.

Waubonsie:
* WK1 - OPRF
* WK2 - TBD
* WK7 - At Edwardsville
*WK7 - Prarie Ridge

Naperville Central:
* WK1 - Hinsdale Central
* WK2 - LWE
* WK3 - TBA
* WK4 - TBA
* WK9- Cary Grove

Metea:

Neuqua:
* WK 1 - Stevenson

Naperville North:

I'm late to this party but why doesn't Oswego and OE play WV? What about a Minooka? Or do what Fenwick did, schedule a chicago team that will FF.

I'm late to this party but why doesn't Oswego and OE play WV? What about a Minooka? Or do what Fenwick did, schedule a chicago team that will FF.

Can't. Oswegos are in a 10 team conference so it's 9 conf games only. WV and Oswego used to have an annual non con game. I miss that. It ended when prairie went to 10 teams.

There's always out of state teams. I'm sure Indiana has a lot of would be cannon fodder available.

WV and NV both Did that last year and Hamilton Southeastern didn't come up for the 2nd year for some reason to play WV. (hopefully it wasn't due to the score 35-14 - I don't think they were expecting to lose as they were supposed to have a good team last year). NV also went down there last year and won handily. But yes - I think they will have to fish around in Indiana and Wisconsin in the years to come to fill out the schedule unless IHSA goes to regional scheduling or something like that.

Metea @ Wheaton W. South

I am guessing WWS can't find a way to lose this one but they might. Still going with WWS 27 to 14.

WV should be pumped up for this one at home knowing they probably need to win to have a chance at making the playoffs. So I give them the slight edge here at home: WV 28 LWC 24.

Tough one to call. Both teams need to win to keep their playoff hopes alive. Depth on the sideline gives LP the advantage in this one.
LP 14 GBN 10.

Neuqua Valley @ Wheaton North
Been keeping an eye on the weather forecast all week. Looks like 55% chance right now during the game. Without the rain I would have Neuqua by 2 tds. With the rain I give the edge to the Falcons. Two best scoring defenses in the DVC right now so expect a low scoring affair:
WN 17 NV 14.

Two passing teams forced to run the ball this week with the weather should make this a very interesting game. NC running back was the offense last year but not this year where the passing game has taken over with the outstanding receiving corp they have. NN's QB is their best running option so I am sure he will be grinding up a lot of yards this week. NC finds their running mojo again this week:
NC 35 NN 21

Waubonsie:
* WK1 - OPRF
* WK2 - TBD
* WK7 - At Edwardsville
*WK7 - Prarie Ridge

Naperville Central:
* WK1 - Hinsdale Central
* WK2 - LWE
* WK3 - TBA
* WK4 - TBA
* WK9- Cary Grove

Metea:

Neuqua:
* WK 1 - Stevenson

Naperville North:
One of NN's non conference games is against Batavia, not sure what week.

Looks like WN/ NC will decide atleast a share of the conference title next week. WN has been getting better by the week and has to be the favorite plus their defense is much better then NC.

Tonight's scores
WWS over MV. 44-0
NN over NC 44-41
WN over NV 23-0
LP over GBN 28-7
LWC over WV 19-7

Honestly, how do you figure this conference out? Thrilled to be wrong tonight. Going to bed happy tonight!

It's confusing there is really no rhyme or reason to anything other then if you make mistakes you will lose. There are a lot of good teams but no dominate team.

I understand why they are breaking the DVC uo. If I was a high schoil coach, don't know if I would want to play in it. I love the passion the posters her show for it. I'm sad it is breaking up, cause I would have started following it a lot closer next year. Good luck.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT