ADVERTISEMENT

DVC Prospectus

DeanOfSelection

Gold Member
Sep 25, 2002
What are the projected standings? I don't know a ton except I think NN and NC got some good transfers in and looks like GBN losing a top player to IMG. I seem to recall Voodoo and jwar posting Waubonsie team to watch. Any insights appreciated. Now that it is July starting to put full attention to football.

Edgy has all the goodies and inside info but I don't think the conference previews come out until mid August on the Edgy nation side?

I'm going to give it a shot
Will be cool to see how close I am to Edgys conference preview with all the coaches input.

Going to do it in three groups
* group 1 - favs?
* group 2 - dark horses and dangerous
* group 3 - questions and wait and see

*GBN, WV, NC: don't know the order and I don't want to jinx anyone (WV anyways)

GBN has great back 4, defense should be pretty good. I like their RB that backed up Tricase last year, they should be able to run the ball. Questions: passing offense and run defense between the tackles (after watching last years and year before 2015 games - I have no doubt their back for can contain outside runs!)

WV: multiple 3 year starters back (assuming they start in the fall). Very good skills. Questions: Only one O Lineman starter back and no DL back. They don't have a ton of lineman this year. If they sort out the Oline and rotate the DLine with some of the Oline starters they will be very very tough assuming no injuries. If they try and 2 platoon and need to find 9 individual starters plus a couple of others to rotate.,, they will struggle some on both lines and could/will cost them some games.

NC - lost a ton of starters (think they have 6 or so back? Do have their good RB coming back) also got the QB transfer and their upcoming senior class is good and also their upcoming junior class is good. Key for them will be the first few games. If they win and gain confidence, watch out. If they stumble and have trouble gelling - they could fall into group 2.

*NN, WWS, LP:

NN - have some good still kids and skill Defenders back but lost a ton of starters (17 to Graduation?) Got a good QB transfer. Their upcoming junior class did not look like world beaters. Questions: RB, OL and DL.

WWS - I can never figure them out. They have good players and guys coming back. They played very well the last half of last season. I could see them move into the top group or I could see another implosion. Their DLine looked suspect last year. Their upcoming junior class looked to have a few Lineman and they had a really nice RB that I'm sure will be starting on varsity as a junior this year. Flip a coin.

LP - I really liked all their upcoming seniors that started and/or got playing time last year as juniors. Their Sophs that will be upcoming junior class did not look like world beaters. They will be thin on depth but could be dangerous.

*WN,NV,

WN: I don't know a lot about them. They seem to have a good skills group via their performance at 7v7. They lost all their two D1 linebackers to graduation and think have one LB starter coming back. Line play and Defense are the questions I have. I may have them too low.

NV: lost a ton of starters (18?) Have their RB and QB and a few other guys back on the defensive side of the ball. Oline and DLine and WR and Overall Defense are my questions. They have 4000 kids at the school so I can imagine they will reload and find some gems that didn't get a lot of playing time as juniors to step in and do well.

*MV.

MV - unfortunately I think it's going to be a tough year for them. Lost their QB transferring. That might have taken some wind out of their players sails. They Have a D1 Lineman and a very good WR/DB with offers.

Last edited:
Reactions: dapiech
Looks like NV and maybe GBN were the only ones to schedule the correct non-con. I could be wrong, but GBN should steamroll Paducah and I dont know anything about them. Maybe even Lake Park with Dekalb.

NN didn't have good numbers at the lower levels last year, and the results were mediocre at best. Lost a ton of talent from last season. Should be okay at the skill positions, but not sure about the lines. QB transfer helps greatly, but it will be hard to duplicate 2016 regular season success. Think the seniors are better than their sophomore results in '15. Love the attitude of the kids! Once again... watch out for NC. They should be the favorite.

Who is GBN losing to IMG?

Edit... just saw. Lame if true

Last edited:
they're number 1 offensive player. agree. lame. wish FL would sanction them somehow. I am not against kids transferring for any reason, but I think at some point there is a limit to what is good for kids and what is a bill of goods.

they're number 1 offensive player. agree. lame. wish FL would sanction them somehow. I am not against kids transferring for any reason, but I think at some point there is a limit to what is good for kids and what is a bill of goods.
They don't play in the FL playoffs.

Any other transfers out there. Naperville C got a good one, anyone else get lucky enough to have a kid move into the district?

Any other transfers out there. Naperville C got a good one, anyone else get lucky enough to have a kid move into the district?

Naperville north had a QB move into town.

There are "rumors" of a few more family moves that might happen over the summer before school starts up.... will be interesting to see what happens when the actual practices start up in August.

Who did GN lose to IMG? I thought all their athletes were already committed to D1 schools unless they are looking to play themselves to the SEC?

Who did GN lose to IMG? I thought all their athletes were already committed to D1 schools unless they are looking to play themselves to the SEC?

You might be spot on with the SEC angle.

It's not official yet from what I know (and I'm not in the know). The individual has not announced he is heading south at this point. Last I heard a bunch of the boom guys were talking about it like it's already done and dusted (I know some of the boom kids that are on the same team as the player in question and they talk with friends etc). Edgy heard it as well and also it was floating around the Red Grange 7v7 from what Edgy said/posted. I hope he stays.

There is some stuff on it on the Edgy Nation side - but again I don't think it's official and/or I also don't want to get hit with a rolled up newspaper for sharing any of Edgy's content on the Nation Side before he is ready to release it.

Last edited:
Naperville north had a QB move into town.

There are "rumors" of a few more family moves that might happen over the summer before school starts up.... will be interesting to see what happens when the actual practices start up in August.

I heard West Aurora got a couple big guys

Waubonsie got one (LB type kid)

ESL, has a QB I was told

Others I have been told about are just rumors so I won't/can't comment.

BigJohn

Lake Park has 2600 students. Crazy that depth will be an issue.

Wonder if they will ever be able to put together a run like 2003.

You might be spot on with the SEC angle.

It's not official yet from what I know (and I'm not in the know). The individual has not announced he is heading south at this point. Last I heard a bunch of the boom guys were talking about it like it's already done and dusted (I know some of the boom kids that are on the same team as the player in question and they talk with friends etc). Edgy heard it as well and also it was floating around the Red Grange 7v7 from what Edgy said/posted. I hope he stays.

There is some stuff on it on the Edgy Nation side - but again I don't think it's official and/or I also don't want to get hit with a rolled up newspaper for sharing any of Edgy's content on the Nation Side before he is ready to release it.
he's gone, IMG don't want the kids to release it to the publuc

Ben good to have you on board welcome and feel free to set us all straight! Also I'm just sad about Greg leaving was really looking forward to those guys with one more year together...
Thanks for having me Edgy, yeah losing Greg is going to sting! We going to be ok though

Edgy has all the goodies and inside info but I don't think the conference previews come out until mid August on the Edgy nation side?

I'm going to give it a shot
Will be cool to see how close I am to Edgys conference preview with all the coaches input.

Going to do it in three groups
* group 1 - favs?
* group 2 - dark horses and dangerous
* group 3 - questions and wait and see

*GBN, WV, NC: don't know the order and I don't want to jinx anyone (WV anyways)

GBN has great back 4, defense should be pretty good. I like their RB that backed up Tricase last year, they should be able to run the ball. Questions: passing offense and run defense between the tackles (after watching last years and year before 2015 games - I have no doubt their back for can contain outside runs!)

WV: multiple 3 year starters back (assuming they start in the fall). Very good skills. Questions: Only one O Lineman starter back and no DL back. They don't have a ton of lineman this year. If they sort out the Oline and rotate the DLine with some of the Oline starters they will be very very tough assuming no injuries. If they try and 2 platoon and need to find 9 individual starters plus a couple of others to rotate.,, they will struggle some on both lines and could/will cost them some games.

NC - lost a ton of starters (think they have 6 or so back? Do have their good RB coming back) also got the QB transfer and their upcoming senior class is good and also their upcoming junior class is good. Key for them will be the first few games. If they win and gain confidence, watch out. If they stumble and have trouble gelling - they could fall into group 2.

*NN, WWS, LP:

NN - have some good still kids and skill Defenders back but lost a ton of starters (17 to Graduation?) Got a good QB transfer. Their upcoming junior class did not look like world beaters. Questions: RB, OL and DL.

WWS - I can never figure them out. They have good players and guys coming back. They played very well the last half of last season. I could see them move into the top group or I could see another implosion. Their DLine looked suspect last year. Their upcoming junior class looked to have a few Lineman and they had a really nice RB that I'm sure will be starting on varsity as a junior this year. Flip a coin.

LP - I really liked all their upcoming seniors that started and/or got playing time last year as juniors. Their Sophs that will be upcoming junior class did not look like world beaters. They will be thin on depth but could be dangerous.

*WN,NV,

WN: I don't know a lot about them. They seem to have a good skills group via their performance at 7v7. They lost all their two D1 linebackers to graduation and think have one LB starter coming back. Line play and Defense are the questions I have. I may have them too low.

NV: lost a ton of starters (18?) Have their RB and QB and a few other guys back on the defensive side of the ball. Oline and DLine and WR and Overall Defense are my questions. They have 4000 kids at the school so I can imagine they will reload and find some gems that didn't get a lot of playing time as juniors to step in and do well.

*MV.

MV - unfortunately I think it's going to be a tough year for them. Lost their QB transferring. That might have taken some wind out of their players sails. They Have a D1 Lineman and a very good WR/DB with offers.
I think your top 3 is accurate. Metea on bottom also seems to be the case. 4 through 8 is going to be a total dogfight. The DVC is going to be a war every week which is quite fitting in this final year before the conference completely changes again. 5 state qualifiers wouldn't surprise me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT