ADVERTISEMENT

Dunlap

FCHS2019

Dec 23, 2019
Sorry if this is a repeat, but they had a football player test positive so their workouts are now shutdown

Well I guess then JB will now shut every thing down until the 21-22 school year at the earliest.

Sorry if this is a repeat, but they had a football player test positive so their workouts are now shutdown
Feel bad for the kid, especially if he ends up being a single case. We can’t just keep throwing player X tested positive at school Y. We need context for each incident. I have seen zero follow up on what happened at the other schools as of this morning. Contact tracing and investigations need to be completed (at least I hope they are doing this) vs everyone just jumping to conclusions and rash decisions. I have no knowledge of when Dunlap started workouts or how they were conducting their workouts. So without any other information and no other kids test positive it would be a reasonable conclusion that this wasn’t because of their camp. I mean the virus is obviously everywhere and understand why they made that decision though. Unfortunately that means a 2-3 week wait to find out if there was transmission within the camp.

Same thing regarding LZ, GBS, QND. IDPH and IHSA need to be investigated these positive test results and following up and be HONEST with what they are finding. Was it transmitting between athletes, i.e. did any of the other athletes working in the same group subsequently test positive? What were the dates of positive tests. I hope this is being done, everything seems so veiled right now. I just want someone to come out and say this is what happened, we investigated it and this is what we found, but unless, regardless of what your personal opinion is on the covid situation is we all would need to accept the information if it was not supporting your personal opinion.

Reactions: McCaravan
To clarify...the Lake Zurich spread started before camp was even started on July 6th. Transmission started over the weekend at 4th of July parties.

Reactions: Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT