ADVERTISEMENT

Dream semi final Games

Leggo24

Oct 6, 2018
what are some of your dream scenario matchups in the semi finals? I ask semi final because I prefer “home” games. Love title games and all but I feel like it loses so much atmosphere compared to the semi final games Also which stadiums / towns have the best history / setting / culture? I recall going to geneseo in the quarterfinals as a freshman at riverside Brookfield for our quarterfinal game vs geneseo and remembering the entire town being there , all stores were legit closed down, awesome atmosphere, we won tho, whoops

LWE v HF Part 2, MC v Phillips in 7A at Gately, PR v Cary, ESTL v Rochester in 6A Hope Academy v Leo, Marist v Rice similar to 2018, GW v MS at Duchon in the snow

LA @ MS

Back in 2009 LA had the best defense in the state and probably one of the best defenses I’ve ever seen. I think all of Park Ridge and surrounding suburbs came to Wilson Field that day.

Reactions: Bowie50
Byron Wilmo rematch. Love Wilmo home games but I’ve never been to Byron either....would like to see IC at CC.....any game based on proximity would be cool....Wilmo Any nearby opponent cc, rc, Herscher etc

Reactions: chirocal44
Yes my vote is for Geneseo as the best playoff atmosphere in the state!

2010 WWS vs EStL

They were bracketed to play in the Semi finals but EStL was thrown out for using an illegal player, WWS then preceded to crush Belleville East in the semis.

The was one of the best teams WWS ever had and it was one of the best teams EStL had that didn’t win a title. Would have been great game at EStL.

I’d love to see 4A play out with IC at Richmond-Burton in the North and Rochester at Coal City in the South. I think Coal City will probably stay north this year though. 4A North is going to be a meat grinder. So in that case I’d love a IC at CC semi final

Byron Wilmo rematch. Love Wilmo home games but I’ve never been to Byron either....would like to see IC at CC.....any game based on proximity would be cool....Wilmo Any nearby opponent cc, rc, Herscher etc

Wilmo-Byron seems to happen every year or 2...but without IC one of them tends to be the 3A north favorite...

4A got about as close as possible last year, with Rochester @ Mac and RB at IC...this year switch CC for Mac and it would be perfect again.

2A last year was perfect with the unbeatens...

With a potentially number 1 seed looming; this could very well happen.
With the IHSA's stupid rules the #1 seed will probably put you back at Gately with Phillips as the home team. See last year's ridiculous 8A semifinal scenario where our undefeated Crusaders with a head to head victory over Marist earlier in the season had to trek south on Pulaski to play them again as the visitors and were only given 800 tickets.

With the IHSA's stupid rules the #1 seed will probably put you back at Gately with Phillips as the home team. See last year's ridiculous 8A semifinal scenario where our undefeated Crusaders with a head to head victory over Marist earlier in the season had to trek south on Pulaski to play them again as the visitors and were only given 800 tickets.
Could they be the Catholic version of HF? Might be.

Marist Rice round 2 (as long as Rice wins). Epic atmosphere last year on 115th Street.

I will miss Mt. C. semi-final games at Gately. No fluff ... just straight business inside the white lines on cold, grey Saturdays to see who qualifies for the finals. Pure and simple can be good, too.

That’s how many they gave MC for this weekends game, that must be the allotted amount they give to the schools to sell there and the rest is walk up. I’m assuming 800 is the capacity of their visitor stands

Reactions: Gene K.
I will miss Mt. C. semi-final games at Gately. No fluff ... just straight business inside the white lines on cold, grey Saturdays to see who qualifies for the finals. Pure and simple can be good, too.

And the Gately Dogs!!!!

Reactions: dweise
well you could be the visitor to Philips there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT