ADVERTISEMENT

CPL Playoffs

thecpsblog

Sep 26, 2017
So much chaos the last week for CPS! After shaking everything out it seems like the final max preps posted Sunday night. So we can jump in to the madness that is the CPL PLAYOFFS! Once again no idea where we are headed but it seems like if we are using Max Preps rankings of the CPL and taking conference winners into account here are your final matchups...

Phillips vs Carver
Kenwood vs. North Lawndale
Morgan Park vs. Payton
Simeon vs. Goode
Taft vs. Brooks
Whitney vs. Amundsen
Lane vs. Hubbard
Westinghouse vs. Persepctives

But wait! After checking in on the Max Preps schedules it seems like a few games are already posted... The following games are listed. So what does this tell us??? No one can get in the mind of Jaton (nor does anyone want/should want to). Let the chaos begin. When we get actual matchups and maybe a bracket? I'll update the matchups again.

Thursday
Kenwood vs Carver 7:15PM

Friday
Taft vs Goode 4PM
Payton vs TBA

Saturday
Morgan Park vs. Amundsen 10AM

CPL Playoffs!

The one week of the year when the CPL says, "Regular season? In week 9?....amateurs...." It's the playoffs baby!

Best thing about the CPL Playoffs is the giant mismatches. All of the teams outside of the top conferences complain and complain about not being involved in the IHSA or the State playoffs. This is where they get what they want....running clocks by halftime. I wouldn't be surprised if Kenwood, Morgan Park, and Taft have their JV teams start those three games... the week one CPL Playoff matchups make me think of the radio broadcaster watching the Hindenburg crash..."Oh the humanity...."

Reactions: thecpsblog
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT