ADVERTISEMENT

Covid protocol 2021 season??

ClownBaby

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2006
Anyone have a clue? Are we going to see one player come down with it and games be canceled like in the spring? May have crazy playoff seeds with so many teams not playing 9 games if they use the same policy as the spring.

Last edited:
Reactions: rocketnation
The latest ISBE/IDPH guidelines seem to indicate same rules. Normalcy returning with crowds, no masks, normal timeline season. But there will be crazy hiccups due to the quarantine/testing part that seems to be staying forever now.

According to current CDC guidance, everyone on the bus to the away games will need to mask-up REGARDLESS OF VACCINATION STATUS.

According to current CDC guidance, everyone on the bus to the away games will need to mask-up REGARDLESS OF VACCINATION STATUS.

All.... Does that mean mask mandates on the field as well? Or just on the bus because of the close proximity. If that is so what about locker rooms and suiting up. Lots of small locker rooms around the state. I had also heard masks would be required in the stands. Ratsy P.S. And what about "sacred" tailgates?

All.... Does that mean mask mandates on the field as well? Or just on the bus because of the close proximity. If that is so what about locker rooms and suiting up. Lots of small locker rooms around the state. I had also heard masks would be required in the stands. Ratsy P.S. And what about "sacred" tailgates?
As accepted on July 9th by the IDPH from the CDC: "Unvaccinated students playing sports indoors or close-contact sport outdoors should wear masks."

With opening game weekend 6 weeks out, COVID delta variant permitting, anyone hearing anything about in-person attendance matters? Specific protocol likely dependent upon host school district? Contact-less ticketing? Spectator limits? Masking considerations relative to vaccination? I would imagine administrators, including ADs, would be deep into these discussions along with what happens during the academic day and how to protect the players on the field. What a mess, still!

It's going to be a mess and it shouldn't be. But it will because orders will come down eventually. Just want kids to stay positive, but buckle up.

Reactions: johnndoe
All.... Might be a state to state thing. But anyone watching MLB it looks like the good "old days." No masks and everyone sitting next to each. I don't know why it should be any different unless all he#@ breaks loose with the virus. Trends don't look good but unless vaccinations get mandated I think the virus problem and achieving herd immunity will never go away. I suppose if schools say you have to be vaccinated to get in might be an option. I'm waiting for a mailer from the school like always for membership to the Stadium Club. Three reserved seats on the 50 for 750 bucks. All for a good cause. Ratsy P.S. I absolutely hate standing in line. (lol)

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K.
With the current trend/narrative of the covid situation, I'm starting to wonder if it's no coincidence that IHSA hasn't released the full football schedules. Something better not be afoot.

With the current trend/narrative of the covid situation, I'm starting to wonder if it's no coincidence that IHSA hasn't released the full football schedules. Something better not be afoot.
I fear you could be correct. If there is another season like last season in football, basketball and wrestling there will be mass exodus from this state from our athletes. It may not be the same for years, if ever. This is a very scary situation right now and completely ridiculous. Me and the family ( 4 of us and I’m the only one vaccinated) have been numerous Sox games with full stadiums, concerts both indoor and out, a NBA Finals game Milwaukee and it was beautiful to see life as normal and no one sick. Hell even was in progressive Denver and it was all normal! Illinois better not mess around with this!

I fear you could be correct. If there is another season like last season in football, basketball and wrestling there will be mass exodus from this state from our athletes. It may not be the same for years, if ever. This is a very scary situation right now and completely ridiculous. Me and the family ( 4 of us and I’m the only one vaccinated) have been numerous Sox games with full stadiums, concerts both indoor and out, a NBA Finals game Milwaukee and it was beautiful to see life as normal and no one sick. Hell even was in progressive Denver and it was all normal! Illinois better not mess around with this!
I was just in Disney for 10 days with the kids, Probably the most crowded I've seen it in 10 years. No masks anywhere and life was going on like normal. Went with a couple other family groups and 3 of the vaccinated adults came home and tested positive for Covid. How does that happen if the vaccine is so effective.

I was just in Disney for 10 days with the kids, Probably the most crowded I've seen it in 10 years. No masks anywhere and life was going on like normal. Went with a couple other family groups and 3 of the vaccinated adults came home and tested positive for Covid. How does that happen if the vaccine is so effective.
That’s part of the inconsistent messages we’re all given. They never said the vaccine would keep you from getting covid but rather lessen the severity. They need to keep defining that.

Last edited:

I would suspect it more in a election year like 2022 and especially 2024.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT