ADVERTISEMENT

Corey, Are You Getting Excited?

LTHSALUM76

Aug 27, 2014
Corey, the Columbus Blue Jackets are looking real good with a three games to none lead over the Tampa Bay Lightning in round one of the NHL playoffs. The crowd in Columbus was insane last night. I am thrilled with this so far and just as excited with the fact the Islanders also have a three games to none lead over the Penguins!

For those of you who don't know, Tampa Bay ran away with the President's trophy this year given to the team with the most points. Tampa Bay played Columbus three times during the season before the playoffs and annihilated them, outscoring them 17-3.

The Lightning was heavily favored to win this series with several people picking them to sweep the Blue Jackets. Tomorrow's game in Columbus will be nuts. Can't wait.

Reactions: Gene K.
Corey, the Columbus Blue Jackets are looking real good with a three games to none lead over the Tampa Bay Lightning in round one of the NHL playoffs. The crowd in Columbus was insane last night. I am thrilled with this so far and just as excited with the fact the Islanders also have a three games to none lead over the Penguins!

For those of you who don't know, Tampa Bay ran away with the President's trophy this year given to the team with the most points. Tampa Bay played Columbus three times during the season before the playoffs and annihilated them, outscoring them 17-3.

The Lightning was heavily favored to win this series with several people picking them to sweep the Blue Jackets. Tomorrow's game in Columbus will be nuts. Can't wait.

It’s pretty crazy around Columbus with the Blue Jackets on the verge of getting past round one in the playoffs. A first for this franchise. I myself am a Blackhawks fan so I am happy for the fans here and wish them well. That said anything to cheer about other than the Buckeyes is a win in my book.

It’s pretty crazy around Columbus with the Blue Jackets on the verge of getting past round one in the playoffs. A first for this franchise. I myself am a Blackhawks fan so I am happy for the fans here and wish them well. That said anything to cheer about other than the Buckeyes is a win in my book.
Curse of the President’s Trophy. NHL fans, die hards that is, know what I mean.

Reactions: MS4EVER and go dogz
I wish we still had The Breadman!
"Breadman" might be going to Florida along with the Columbus goalie Sergei Bobrovsky, who has played very well in the playoff series. The Panthers have a ton of cap space and have hired Joel Quenneville to coach, reuniting him with GM Dale Tallon, who hired Quenneville in Chicago and who actually put the core of the Hawks 21st century team together. Bowman sometimes gets more credit than he deserves in that regard.

Reactions: go dogz
Panarin is never coming back. Not enough cap space and the real need is what it has been...defense.

i would much rather have a shaw type back in the lineup. we need a banger forward that can play(marchand) and still not afraid to bustknuckles.
definitely need a top 4 defensive defensemen. a and a number1 goalie prospect. delia is good but not sure he is going to be number1 goalie good just yet.
and maybe lucky break to have seabs/keith/and crow retire.. hey seabs could be a scout and Keith a coach.

i would much rather have a shaw type back in the lineup. we need a banger forward that can play(marchand) and still not afraid to bustknuckles.
definitely need a top 4 defensive defensemen. a and a number1 goalie prospect. delia is good but not sure he is going to be number1 goalie good just yet.
and maybe lucky break to have seabs/keith/and crow retire.. hey seabs could be a scout and Keith a coach.
I disagree. The real need is defense. The Hawks were the second worst team in the league in shots against and they were the worst team in the league in giving up high danger shots as well, which translated to a lower save percentage. Crawford was better than outstanding and continued to show how much this team lacks defense. Couple that with horrible special teams and this is the result you'll get every time.

The offense can score and did. This year, the Hawks scored more goals than nine teams that made the playoffs. AND, Washington scored only 8 more goals, Pittsburgh only scored 3 more and Winnipeg only scored 2 more this season. Believe me, the offense was there.

The difference was in goals against. The Hawks gave up 292 goals and the only team in the NHL that gave up more was Ottawa with 302. Did you happen to see, Ottawa had a total of 64 points, which was the worst in the NHL. The only reason the Hawks were even close to the playoffs, was because of their ability to score. Their goal differential was only -22. You pretty much never see any team with a goal differential that low that gives up so many goals. 292 is a lot.

I disagree. The real need is defense. The Hawks were the second worst team in the league in shots against and they were the worst team in the league in giving up high danger shots as well, which translated to a lower save percentage. Crawford was better than outstanding and continued to show how much this team lacks defense. Couple that with horrible special teams and this is the result you'll get every time.

The offense can score and did. This year, the Hawks scored more goals than nine teams that made the playoffs. AND, Washington scored only 8 more goals, Pittsburgh only scored 3 more and Winnipeg only scored 2 more this season. Believe me, the offense was there.

The difference was in goals against. The Hawks gave up 292 goals and the only team in the NHL that gave up more was Ottawa with 302. Did you happen to see, Ottawa had a total of 64 points, which was the worst in the NHL. The only reason the Hawks were even close to the playoffs, was because of their ability to score. Their goal differential was only -22. You pretty much never see any team with a goal differential that low that gives up so many goals. 292 is a lot.

totally agree with you. was kinda responding to both(you an pcdad),
haha I know confusing.
yes, the most important pick for hawks is a top notch defensemen.

I thought we had cap room after freeing up the Hossa anchor? Absolutely need defense. Been a weak spot for last 2-3 years. Love Seabrook but hang em up big boy, it’s over.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT