ADVERTISEMENT

Conference Talk: 2023 Southwest Suburban Blue

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Just a place to break down the 2023 SWS Blue conference race.

Top teams to watch? Sleeper team to watch? Player of the Year in the conference? Game of the Year? Lets talk SWSB for 2023 here

East still they team to beat, I think HF will be very strong this year with a loaded junior and soph class that will make impacts this fall.
Will be interesting to see where Lockport, Sandburg, and Brook in their final season can fall...the addition of the DVC games for the Blue (and top rated Red school) adds to a rigorous conference schedule for the middle schools...
East vs NV will be fun,
Brook with 3 of 4 early season games that will be tough (HC, NN, and HF)
HF could be undefeated headed to week 6 clash with East, week 9 with the Porters could be big game for playoff seeding...
Should be a fun final season for the SWSB

School - best case/worst case

East 9-0/7-2
Lockport 8-1/4-5
H-F 8-1/5-4
Brook 8-1/4-5
Sandburg 4-5/3-6

Got some interesting games on the schedule this season. Could be a down year in the Blue if last year was any indication.

In the month-plus that has passed since the news of 'Brook leaving the SWSC, anything to report regarding what might happen with the remaining 9 schools going forward?

In the month-plus that has passed since the news of 'Brook leaving the SWSC, anything to report regarding what might happen with the remaining 9 schools going forward?
Hopefully they can get Lemont to come on over to the Red and move Stagg to the Blue.

Hopefully they can get Lemont to come on over to the Red and move Stagg to the Blue.
Should something like this happen, which would return things to a 10-team conference, I wonder if they would revert back to 3 mandatory cross-overs, 4 in-division between Red and Blue plus 2 non-cons or stick with the reduction to only 2 x-overs just instituted for next season. Who knows and surely not relevant to 'Brook any longer, anyway.

Should something like this happen, which would return things to a 10-team conference, I wonder if they would revert back to 3 mandatory cross-overs, 4 in-division between Red and Blue plus 2 non-cons or stick with the reduction to only 2 x-overs just instituted for next season. Who knows and surely not relevant to 'Brook any longer, anyway.
I dont see how them and the DVC don't come to an agreement. It's so obvious.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT