ADVERTISEMENT

Conant 21 Barrington 12

didnt see that one coming
What I saw coming was coach Stortz, the former LZ head coach now HC at Conant. In the Stortz/Proffit era I think LZ had some of the best teams in the state. Not surprised Conant is on the rise. He tried to get Profitt, who is now at Antioch and they are destroying teams this year. Antioch is all the sudden a "downstate" caliber team.

What I saw coming was coach Stortz, the former LZ head coach now HC at Conant. In the Stortz/Proffit era I think LZ had some of the best teams in the state. Not surprised Conant is on the rise. He tried to get Profitt, who is now at Antioch and they are destroying teams this year. Antioch is all the sudden a "downstate" caliber team.
I guess but coaching can only take you so far. One would have thought Barringtons superior talent and experience would have won out

This is why high school football is just crazy. MS lays an egg against Barrington and destroys Conant. Just in shock about this one.

Reactions: Gene K.
This is why high school football is just crazy. MS lays an egg against Barrington and destroys Conant. Just in shock about this one.
It wasn't really an egg though. Barrington got a kick return and a trick play for half their points. They didn't get those the last two weeks and you can see the results.

I guess but coaching can only take you so far. One would have thought Barringtons superior talent and experience would have won out
It’s a common opinion in the msl that Barrington is often outcoached. Not as often the last few years as I think Sanchez has gotten better as a coach but there were many years where they lost to teams that were not at their level talent wise.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT